Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> How Virtonomics has helped your business in real life

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 22.09.2015, 11:08

Last time edited : 28.09.2015, 10:23

Ksenija_
Two years with Virtonomics
l:
Ksenija_ Limited

Hi guys, I have a question for all the experienced players out there (newbies can also join inVery we!). How this business game has influence your real life business ventures? Have you really opened a restaurant in Seoul or, perhaps, built a chocolate factory in Shanghai? Let’s share.Very we!   

• Page:
Message list:  

22.09.2015, 13:55

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

I'm stuck in the same lowest-tier job. To you I don't trust laws here and I fear that they might use any excuse for having a rain of fines falling over me. Also, no idea about the paperwork required to start a business nor other required permissions, laws, insurances, etc... 

22.09.2015, 15:18

Ksenija_
l:
Ksenija_ Limited

"I don't trust laws here". "here" means where? I'm sure it can't be that bad...Not so 

22.09.2015, 21:34

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

In Spain. As a quick example:

Retailing of alcoholic drinks from 22.00h to 8.00h, would result in a fine of 30.051 to 60.101 euros. The only reason they give is something like "regulating the amount of drinks put in circulation". Yeah, that sounds like a very proportionated fine amount, right? To you It doesn't avoid people drinking outside, as they buy the booze previously to that time.

Now, mix that with one of the local "your-word-against-mine" agents (just like the tax collectors from ancient Rome) in this case, and your store goes to hell, because whatever they want to say is evidence and truth (regardless if it is false). Add that the laws against shoplifting and theft are quite useless, the sale taxes are higher now, and you have the perfect mix for deciding not to open a store. 

22.09.2015, 21:58

TyStuFF
Five years with Virtonomics
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Nowadays starting a good business is quite difficult compared to like 10 years ago. On-line trading and the financial "crisis" (read: Everyone acting like sheep) basically ruined plenty of businesses and possibilities.

Anyway, my business/life story: Started on-line trading about 11 years ago, when I was 15 years old, made quite some decent dimes outside of school hours. Made it grow to a part time business, lived the good life by just spending a few hours per week on my work. After a while made some crazy over priced investments, and started having regular jobs.

At the moment I'm a awaiting proper cash funds to start a proper business, would take me at least 2 years.

I don't think Virtonomics can help anyone in real life businesses. It's just fun to play with a twisted economyTo you
But I do think the way you approach this game says a lot about how someone would perform in real life businesses. In my case I would say: Crazy risky investments, which isn't very profitable on the short term, but might form in such a way that it's very profitable on the long term.
The only "problem" is you can't really compare virtonomics to the real world, I mean the change of winning great prizes in contests is like zero in the real world. And not to mention the qualification system and other plenty of strange things which you don't have in real life.Very we! 

22.09.2015, 22:21

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

It didn't help my business by much, perhaps since I am into services that are not targeted for public sales. Also real world is highly corrupt compared to an innocent computer simulation, and those who hold political power usually eliminate any competition easily. But still playing virto taught me a few things I had no idea about, and that was great fun. 

23.09.2015, 09:43

Ksenija_
l:
Ksenija_ Limited

Any highly profitable business (like alcohol retail) sparks the government’s interest in any country. Has bothered 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> How Virtonomics has helped your business in real life

• Page: