Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Improving the nigerian retail markets

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 26.02.2014, 03:01

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Hi

The nigerian retail markets are not very good. We hope to improve this situation gradually by supplying reasonably priced products to attract stores and restaurants. To make it happen we are launching a development program:
http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/101/topic/104128/view

We hope to achieve:
*Improved retail markets
*Higher wealth levels

Input on our ambitions and strategy will be very much appreciated. We hope for discussion in this thread, so we can improve the program as we go along.

BR,
Mo   

• Page:
Message list:  

26.02.2014, 21:21

Last time edited : 26.02.2014, 22:45

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

OK, as you might know, I'm collaborating with Morty in this desparate attemp to improve Nigeria. My plan in politics was just for Spain, but I got involved in this one for the same reason. I started several factories there, and that warehouse selling at base cost +$1 to cover the rent and advertising costs. No need to say it, but basically it is a charity mission for Nigeria, we are not making profit out of it in any way. So, let's get in-deep into the reasons and goals for this project. The post will be long, sorry in advance.

I guess that's all, not sure if I'm forgetting something. So, if you consider yourself a strong player, this might be a good challenge for you. Feeling in the mood to give it a try? 

1.03.2014, 22:36

Last time edited : 1.03.2014, 22:44

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

I wanted to contribute to this but when i look at the retailing report of Nigeria: your both companies combined retail turnover in Nigeria is ZERO. Seriously, bois?

2.03.2014, 05:36

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Personally, I just take care of the manufacturing, branding and selling at lowest price, and giving priority to Nigerian retailers. I have no stores there, there are other players and casual players that get those products for Nigerian stores (or other kind of centers and services).

I know it's hard to cover a hole of 5 daily billion losses with a profit taxes at 20% (generating $25.000.000.000 in profits maybe?), and that Nigeria is badly screwed, but maybe this freaky experiment might lure some players looking for a tough challenge. To you Because I don't think anyone will step into Council at that daily cost (is region deficit paid by Governors in the same way that cities one is paid by mayors?), so we are attemping to reduce that amount at city level first.

Maybe once the wages are at a decent level (I calculated approximatedly, after 5 real life years and 3 months), maybe retailing and services might be more attractive there. And with such a high number of population, it would take a lot to flood the market. Anyway, Morty wants to continue with the plan, so I guess I can afford to sacrifice those workers from my TOP3 there for lending a hand. 

2.03.2014, 22:01

Last time edited : 8.03.2014, 19:42

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

There is actually more going on than it seems like. It's still getting started up, so it's just not visible yet.

So far we have:

*Foodstuff warehouse operated by Catnipalot
-Catnipalot supply a variety of foodstuff
-Orbiter supply livestock products and soft drinks
-I will supply caviar, so companies can hopefully do russian restaurants
-Millpond will produce chocolate

*Clothing warehouse will be operated by Millpond
-Premium brands will supply the products and brand them for Nigeria
-Some companies are setting up clothing stores already, but more may be needed (ask Millpond)

We also hope to expand the program to more product categories as we go along. Possibly cars, electronics and drugs.

For my own contributions, I will try to coordinate the efforts whenever it's needed. I will also help with financing, technologies and resources when I can. And I will do some sporadic efforts to develop markets that's not attractive yet.

For services, I have set up laundries in all cities. Kaduna actually had zero market volume, but I have started developing it.

Thanks for your contributions to the economy, Mike. You are big in Nigeria. Maybe you can also help me with this question (or if anyone else knows): What is the effect on the retail markets from selling low quality products? Will it lead to lower quality from local suppliers? Lower prices? And will it affect the market volume in any way? 

3.03.2014, 13:52

Last time edited : 3.03.2014, 14:04

WSC01
Eight years with Virtonomics Forest tycoon
m:
WSC

I don't get it...
I pay enough taxes, ok, labor is cheap, but there are lot's of unemployed people, making labor cheap.

I find it strange that there is still unemployment in Nigeria though.
Because if we would all produce in Nigeria, profiting from the cheap labor logic would dictate that there would be a shortage, driving the prices up.
instead, prices of labor have been going down.

Which would indicate there being less production in Nigeria.

Which brings me to the following:
How if you are not making profit are you going to make the deficit smaller?
The bulk of income for a state is the tax on profit is it not?

I also feel this is an elaborate plan to save the mayor and his political party the huge impact the deficit has on his and their own personal wealth.

3.03.2014, 18:53

Last time edited : 3.03.2014, 18:54

Rogue_Cat
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Well, if there are cities without mayors, the wages are strictly regulated by players actions and unemployment rate. But again, it's not the unemployment what causes the negative balance, but the production. The idea for reducing the deficit is generating profit IN NIGERIA, not somewhere else. Politics is not as simple as it seems.

I explain it in the point 2 of my tedious long-post. Production is done there, but most of it is exported at base price and sold somewhere else. That leads to reducing the profit taxes (which go to the region, not the cities), and thus, the high energy cost is not covered, leading to the region having a negative balance. So, the more units doing this there, the more the regional economy suffers. Quick data on region as of today:

Only 2 of 7 playable cities there have mayors (Morty being one, and César the other. Anyone knows if he is active?). Right now, all seven of them are in negative balance because of the costs generated by the "Costs of city improvement and the maintenance of public order", which is based on the population number. Contrary to what you think, the excess of jobs in a city without unemployment has a bad effect on city budget, as the inmigration causes that cost to increase, while not even providing municipal fees from them, as they are inmigrants, not residents. Abuja is the only city suffering this problem (Residents = 849ths., Inmigrants = 1.333ths.), and Morty and co. have to sink 3.5 billion per virtoyear (52 updates, around 67million per day, divided among all party members, it's not a Morty's wallet personal problem) in order to gradually turn those inmigrants into residents. You want it or not, stores will not cover that. Morty is doing this voluntarily, currently planning the possibility of going there for other cities too. But right now the only thing that can be done for changing that at mayoral level, is rising wages. So, be sure this is not an excuse for saving his ass. Of course, those stores in HIS city (in all others, be sure it wouldn't help him to save cash) will help him to reduce expenses, but not too much. His city is the best suited because of the higher wages (thus, higher incomes at retailing and such), but any city can have retailing being done. The problem is that users get more profit from those products exporting and selling them somewhere else on the world.

Comparing the cheapest city in wages (Ibadan @ $46.55) and the most expensive one (Abuja @ $119.31):
The collected municipal fees are a 10% base of the average wage per resident.

The cost per citizen is higher than the collected amount. This is the main problem in all seven cities there. Abuja suffers from it more because of the inmigration, but compensates it much better than all other cities because of the higher wages and increased retailing. That is the idea and goal for all cities, reducing the overall expenses so someone might step into the region Council and counter the main expenses (low taxes and low energy cost) from there. Cities can be "fixed" one at a time, but the region would mean massive-sinkage of billions per day. 

5.03.2014, 09:07

goufy
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: demiurge Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
Quantium Corporation
n:
SaiGon Ltd.

Before I reached this post, I had started building a new semi-material factory in Nigeria. Since my company is still small after restarting, it will take a while.
Can you show me how to find all those region's data? Or is it only avaible to mayor? 

5.03.2014, 09:26

Cwalen
Three years with Virtonomics

Goufy, I would suggest you, and any other relatively small players, get in contact with me.

My (self appointed) task is to help promising young entrepreneurs build their company while participating in the NDP's goals.
I have an invitation only warehouse running, for foodstuffs,  simply let me know you are setting up a store and I will add you to it's client list.

The heavily discounted contents should both help starting players, and get them interested in further work with the NDP.

I am doing some test marketing, to find a good way of contacting newer players directly. 

5.03.2014, 17:46

Rogue_Cat
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

goufy
Before I reached this post, I had started building a new semi-material factory in Nigeria. Since my company is still small after restarting, it will take a while.
Can you show me how to find all those region's data? Or is it only avaible to mayor?

You can access the data from the upper tab World Map > AnyCountry > AnyRegion page, then choose the link Governor’s Council and the again Governor’s Council on the left. That leads you to the Council of the given region. You can then click on the region name to check more info on each city, but if you don't have a seat there, you will just see a blank page. As the presi of my party, I have a seat there because one of my party members has a villa there, so I am allowed to peek into the cities stuff. To you Mayors have access to both data, their own city, and the region one, as they get seats there after becoming mayors. 

6.03.2014, 11:57

Last time edited : 6.03.2014, 12:09

Mike1
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
m:
Mico Inc

Of course i am in support of improvements, it applies to all cities. Some facts regarding Mary’s Nigeria:

1.  even with access to 7 cities,  only 14% of the citizens and markets in Nigeria are accessible for mayors and Governor programs.  Thats 21 411 000 people. Out of those:

3 186 000 migrant workers
3 114 307 unemployed
6 423 310 unable to work (why???)
1 567 164 state employees
——————
11 290 781 not contributing to production output = no profit tax income at factories

2. Because employees at higher tech factories would proportionally earn higher salaries, the tax income would be higher as well. High unemployment (15%), unable to work (30%) and the workers on holiday (seem to be more than 20%) really make things worse since they receive minimal or no salary and have no output contributing any profit tax.

3. the main loss at the regional budget in Nigeria is the low selling price of electricity. More producing subdivisions means even more of these losses. But the low electricity cost preserve competitiveness of the production on higher technology levels because salaries become much higher than in developed countries.

4. Selling productions at prices to well cover the CTIE tax rate - or exceed it if you want to be generous - leaves appropriate profit at the factory’s region

5. At municipal budgets, expenses for city improvement and educational programs are paid twice for migrant workers: once at their home city, once where they migrated to.  Even they are on holiday. This double-taxing causes massive losses when looking at all cities combined. Additionally, the amount of State employees, pensions, scholarships and other social payments is depending on the amount of people in the city e.g. every migrant worker creates an overhead which again results in double-charges across two cities.  These look like bugs to me.

6. cost for city improvement and maintenance in Lagos are 30% higher than in London.  Whaaaaaat?

7. all  tax income from factories,  warehouses and stores is paid to the region, not the city; its impossible to fix any city budget in Nigeria without allocating more funds from the region (trough the governor).

8. look at the contributions to municipal budgets from the region: Abuja reviews a pretty high amount, compared to the other cities. It should be interesting to find out why

Truthfully, i am more concerned about the deterioration of regional budgets in well developed cities. Have have noticed how West Germany imploded from a profit of more than a billion to a loss of almost 2 Billion a day..  a similar thing is now happening in Saudi Arabia and i have no clue to stop it. 

6.03.2014, 13:39

goufy
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: demiurge Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
Quantium Corporation
n:
SaiGon Ltd.

I just opened a strore in Benin. I'm thinking about open a few more store in other locations in the city. Or should I do it in other cities? 

7.03.2014, 01:24

Rogue_Cat
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Migrant workers do not generate production? What are they being paid for then? To you

Unable to work? Maybe the oldies or children? Or those long-term unemployed ones? Taking a look at the unemployment subsidies, not a surprise they don't keep their health for too long... No way to get strong workers that way... Eyes in a heap

About higher techs, isn't it more common to rely on trainings for long-term rather than rising wages? In that case, a higher educational level might mean having their wages reduced if they don't increase too.

Is the CTIE enough? Considering that the energy loss for region is a 90%, and tax rate a 20%, the production should make a profit like x50 times the cost in energy for the factory. That is a bit hard to achive from CTIE, it's even hard to achieve from a direct sale.

We know what city receives migration, but where to check where do they come from? No idea about that one.

I've been checking the cost of public order per citizen, but I can't make head or tails of it. It is surprised Maybe it's time to bother the support team once again?

Profit taxes are paid to the region, but then the regions sends a small part of the "share" among all cities. It's a rather small amount what it gets in return, but each cent counts.

As for Abuja, I've been comparing it with other cities in other regions, and it seems that the amount of "share" the city gets is based on the nominal population and the average wage level. That would explain why Abuja gets a 25% more than Ibadan, even with the difference of populations:

Abuja - 849ths. (real 2181ths.), wage - 119.31$, unemployment - 0.28 %, education - 2.54, wealth index - 2.78
Gets 12 593 320.73$ from budget.
Ibadan - 2500ths (=), wage - 46.55$, unemployment - 8.55 %, education - 1.00, wealth index - 1.16
Gets 10 137 135.43$ from budget.
I compared in other cities with the education level and such, but it didn't seem to affect it at all. Same for wealth index, though it goes pararel with wages most of times. Only nominal population and wages.

A totally blind guessing here but, might that sudden loss for those countries be related with the "big" companies which were blocked because of "illegal account transfers"? Like Viking Worldwide, McDonnalds and such? No idea how much they generated in taxes there, but might be a possible cause. http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/11/topic/103210/view/m:99920338/#99920338 ...

Goufy, due to the low quality requirements for products, it would barely make any difference in residential or in city center (for example). You can sink products in both areas at the same time, and they will not interfere each other. Not sure in suburbs, outskirts or even snob area would be able to have "decent" stores. I'm not the best suited for retailing advising, so others might be of more help than me. Just be sure to have enough supply for both. The rest basically relies on the wages in the city. 

7.03.2014, 04:59

Last time edited : 7.03.2014, 05:01

mort100
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

WSC: we would need a Governor to reduce the profit tax. Personally, I am also in favor of that.

As for salaries, I will increase it wherever I am mayor. Possibly not in Abuja this year, but next year I will. It's also important to improve the skill/salary ratio, I think, so only science conference is planned this time.

I'm also running for Mayor of Lagos, btw, to improve that city too. Me and my party will pay the $500M daily deficit, in addition to the municipal costs. It's true that me and my party have an interest in balancing the budget, but we are long term on this. The most important objective is to improve the retail and services markets by increasing the salary expectations. The budget will hopefully be balanced sometime in the future, as a consequence of more rents and profit taxes paid.

Mike:

1. I'm expanding Abuja. I also hope to expand Lagos, if it's ever needed. It would take a lot of factories to create jobs for 148M people, though, so 100% urbanization will probably never happen.

3. Yeah, Nigeria definately need a Governor to increase those tariffs. If the power tariffs were the same as the price on the world grid, I also think 15% profit tax should be enough to balance the budget, but that's just my opinion. Well

6. Municipal projects in Lagos are a bit expensive, but they will be implemented if the Democratic candidate win the election. Science conferences and public subsidies are on the agenda.

Deterioration of region revenues in wealthy countries is probably closely linked to the retail of high priced products like cars and jewellery. When more of these products are sold, more profit tax is paid to the region. 

7.03.2014, 08:42

Last time edited : 7.03.2014, 08:47

Mike1
m:
Mico Inc

Rogue_Cat
Migrant workers do not generate production? What are they being paid for then? To you
you''re right i messed this up: they generate production profit tax (if they're not on holiday or running on dry factories) but they don't generate any municipal tax income.

Rogue_Cat

Unable to work? Maybe the oldies or children? Or those long-term unemployed ones? Taking a look at the unemployment subsidies, not a surprise they don't keep their health for too long... No way to get strong workers that way... Eyes in a heap
the ratio varies greatly between different cities and i still think it should be interesting to know what effects this

Rogue_Cat

About higher techs, isn't it more common to rely on trainings for long-term rather than rising wages? In that case, a higher educational level might mean having their wages reduced if they don't increase too.
its impossible to train workers beyond certain levels, the training cost will explode and the raise of qualification eventually is 0.

Rogue_Cat
Is the CTIE enough? Considering that the energy loss for region is a 90%, and tax rate a 20%, the production should make a profit like x50 times the cost in energy for the factory. That is a bit hard to achive from CTIE, it's even hard to achieve from a direct sale.
CTIE is not intended to subsize electricity and i wrote "if you are generous you pay more". Selling below (prime + CTIE-suggested profit)  reduces the countries income on export taxes. But not sure if this has an effect on regional level.

Rogue_Cat
We know what city receives migration, but where to check where do they come from? No idea about that one.
I think this isn't known, probably from the rest of the countries population.  If it is in proportion to the total population it means that only 14% of salaries paid to migrant workers generate income taxes in some of the accessible cities.

Rogue_Cat

Profit taxes are paid to the region, but then the regions sends a small part of the "share" among all cities. It's a rather small amount what it gets in return, but each cent counts.

As for Abuja, I've been comparing it with other cities in other regions, and it seems that the amount of "share" the city gets is based on the nominal population and the average wage level. That would explain why Abuja gets a 25% more than Ibadan, even with the difference of populations:

Abuja - 849ths. (real 2181ths.), wage - 119.31$, unemployment - 0.28 %, education - 2.54, wealth index - 2.78
Gets 12 593 320.73$ from budget.
Ibadan - 2500ths (=), wage - 46.55$, unemployment - 8.55 %, education - 1.00, wealth index - 1.16
Gets 10 137 135.43$ from budget.
I compared in other cities with the education level and such, but it didn't seem to affect it at all. Same for wealth index, though it goes pararel with wages most of times. Only nominal population and wages.

Its not known if "Contributions to municipal budgets" are related to tax income of the region but i have about tripled my profit tax payments in Nigeria on the last update, the loss in Nigeria region is 1 Billion less than yesterday but these contribution amounts didn't change.

Rogue_Cat
A totally blind guessing here but, might that sudden loss for those countries be related with the "big" companies which were blocked because of "illegal account transfers"? Like Viking Worldwide, McDonnalds and such? No idea how much they generated in taxes there, but might be a possible cause. http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/11/topic/103210/view/m:99920338/#99920338 ...

This losses were created by introducing electricity cost a long time ago: to be traded trough the regions and to be paid by municipal budgets. 

7.03.2014, 19:48

Last time edited : 7.03.2014, 20:20

Rogue_Cat
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Yeah, to generate municipal taxes, those inmigrants must become residents with the "expand city" project.

Yeah, I'm suffering the training problem in some offices because of that. But again, once I reach that "limit", if the average skill goes up, I would be able to lower wages (up to certain point, without losing the trainings' effect). This might not be noticeable in all cases, but yet...

Maybe the amount of cash for Health care affects it? Blind guessing again. Checking the medical centers market on the cities in Nigeria doesn't seem of have a patter that might affect it:

In Spain, with exception of the "overflooded" cities, all others seem to be fixed at 30% unable to work. And the medical market is quite developed there, so I guess it doesn't have anything to do with them. Nigeria has much different numbers in this sense, both unable to work ones and medical centers. But I'm totally clueless here, maybe it's time to pester the support team again?

About duties, I pestered the support team some time ago, and to put it briefly, duties are not implemented for any budget right now. They do not go to region nor are treated in any way (other than as a moneysinker for players). Maybe they would be treated at national level (Nation > Region > City) if implemented someday. In any case, the administration will make an announcement if some special changes happen.

About the migration from "invisible cities", if it works that way, maybe gradually dragging them from those cities into player-operable cities would lead to reduce the burden of those invisible cities, as they truely don't generate any kind of income? Just like the NPC retailing, that owns almost the whole market but none of them provides incomes for the budget. Black market? (No puns intended.)

About region concessions to cities, maybe it's a fixed minimal amount even when the balance is negative? I currently just have access to two Councils to "peek in", so can't provide too much info for this part. Sorry. In any case, Mike alone has managed to reduce the deficit for the region a 20% without stepping in, so this proves that our wicked plan might work after all. We just need 4 Mikes more, and the problem is solved. Ridiculously How fortunate we have at least one Mike that likes wicked challenges...

The electricity, that might explain it. It was for sure a nasty kick for Nigerian, no idea about Germany, but you know about it much better than what I could know. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Improving the nigerian retail markets

• Page: