Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Bank of Virtonomics

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Voting:  

Would creating a fund for Virtonomics be a good idea?

Voting duration:

Start: 19.04.2017, 16:47

End date: 3.05.2017, 16:47

Voting is finished
No

Yes

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 19.04.2017, 16:47

FLP01
Six years with Virtonomics
Merit for the Italy of level III Founder of Victoria (CS) Founder of Seychelles Virtonomics Philanthropist 3rd class Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

I was just thinking, if it would be worth setting up some sort of bank or fund for Virtonomics. This could be used as a fund for beginners for things such as start up costs. I remember when I first started out, I spent quite a bit of real money for virtual money as I was running deficits because my business was expanding. Maybe more experienced players could contribute a small amount of any excess money that is just sitting around or not being reinvested to the fund in return for an award. The bigger the sum, the bigger the award etc. It doesn't have to be much e.g. millions. I don't know if admin would like this though as the real money used to buy virtual money in the game is used to maintain Virtonomics (keep the game running) and to make improvements. However, there are still plenty of things in the V-store that people can buy to create revenue for Virtonomics. Also, the fund should be non-partisan and decentralised i.e. not controlled by a single person.

Just a thought

• Page:
Message list:  

20.04.2017, 12:05

Last time edited : 20.04.2017, 12:09

XDCD
Five years with Virtonomics
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

xcrusader010
Bonds aren't that bad. When I got $5bil from a bond, I started making $1b a day. So it paid for itself in one day...

I'm not sure about the bank. It's a good idea, but Bonds do the same job, really, but at least the bank will be a lot more flexible and interactive

It'll be better if this idea was renamed to "Bonds" and the current bond system is replaced with this one. It will be heaps easier for everyone Very we!

The system could be worked around the current state of bonds, however the concept of a bank is quite different.
Part of the problem is that to get 5B from bonds you would be required to have assets worth 2.5B and be positieve you will have the 5B in full to return it after ~52 turns (partial payments is not an option). If you can't pay the bond back in time you can't issue new bonds either, because you have an unpaid bond or because you're over your limit. - I know issuing max bonds isn't a smart idea and you should make sure you can issue new ones to pay for the old ones before they expire, but that isn't the point.

A bank system could be much more flexible and ease up the requirements and payments.

Bacaka2
Why could not the payments be in expensive products.
Lets think that Player A is going to lend 3 millions to player B(A is the lender,B is the borrower)
Player B opens a warehouse/storage and sets the price on quality 1.00 wheat to 3 millions.
If the repayment is 1%. per turn,player B buy back the good with 30000 per turn.
Do you understand?

Exactly, this method is commonly used for loans / payments right now. However this is isn't a very reliable way and is kind of 'bypassing the system'. It would be much easier to use if the game offered a similar but reliable method to lend and borrow money. 

20.04.2017, 13:49

Gorchilo
Jubilee Ten Jubilee Ten The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Mathematic teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Silver Ten The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
ZZZ

XDCD
I know issuing max bonds isn't a smart idea and you should make sure you can issue new ones to pay for the old ones before they expire, but that isn't the point.[

Tip for newbies ...
If you cannot make profit in 10-15 update equal to amount you must to back don't issue bonds at all ... 

20.04.2017, 19:13

FLP01
Merit for the Italy of level III Founder of Victoria (CS) Founder of Seychelles Virtonomics Philanthropist 3rd class Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

There should be a main fund with a separate borrowing/lending facility as well which could be used even by intermediate players wishing to borrow a few billion+ as XDCD mentioned earlier 

20.04.2017, 19:25

FLP01
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

If you needed to borrow say, $1B  and you decided to buy this virtual money using real money in the V-store using King's random at 20GP for every $130M, (8 King's ransom would get you 1,040M - so slightly over) this would cost you $121.77 or £94.96 or 6,836.68 RUB at current rates. 

20.04.2017, 20:24

Last time edited : 20.04.2017, 22:45

XDCD
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

FLP01
If you needed to borrow say, $1B  and you decided to buy this virtual money using real money in the V-store using King's random at 20GP for every $130M, (8 King's ransom would get you 1,040M - so slightly over) this would cost you $121.77 or £94.96 or 6,836.68 RUB at current rates.

Just FYI, I strongly advice against buying virto dollars from the V-Store as buying a mine/farm/villa will net you a lot more virto dollars for your points. 

21.04.2017, 01:08

Gorchilo
Jubilee Ten Jubilee Ten The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Mathematic teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Silver Ten The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
ZZZ

FLP1 with 99$ you can buy 130GP and for that money you can buy 10 different mines(50gp) + 5 different plantations and 5 different agricultural farm (70gp) and you will still have left 10GP

With all that you will probably make more then 10 bil per turn just with selling raw ... 

21.04.2017, 02:05

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

The entire capital markets structure should be redone.  Company valuations are broke, no stock market exists, bonds need collateral options due to insane risk level of loans, central bank or IMF could be interesting, the black hole that funds all the deficit governments should be rethought, etc.  would be great fun. Ridiculously 

21.04.2017, 11:49

el09sjs
Twelve years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor The tender collider, VII-XV places
m:
Bio.

I agree the whole finical sector is not really developed yet and it is something the developers should look at. 

21.04.2017, 19:42

FLP01
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

I agree strongly with what other people have been saying about this, it's not just only this idea that could be developed but the idea the whole financial system in the game should be looked at and overhauled to optimise for players and to make it simpler and easier to use. This concept could be designed and created concurrently with any others ideas or features that people would want to implement and I would highly commend that any ideas, however small, should be added right here and would be acknowledged and thought through by other players 

21.04.2017, 22:05

FLP01
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

I thinks these changes would be appropriate and welcomed following on from the excellent changes made to the Financial Report, which made it interactive and has better enabled me to understand and analyse the performance of my company and each of its subdivisions 

21.04.2017, 23:43

Last time edited : 22.04.2017, 01:27

XDCD
m:
XDCD Incorporated

G_Money33
The entire capital markets structure should be redone.  Company valuations are broke, no stock market exists, bonds need collateral options due to insane risk level of loans, central bank or IMF could be interesting, the black hole that funds all the deficit governments should be rethought, etc.  would be great fun. Ridiculously

Yeesss, the company valuations definitely need some work, this doesn't seem like too much trouble and I'm actually quite surprised they are 'broken' in a game 'this old'.

Bonds are always 'risky' and without much collateral, thus more expensive for the company/country issuing them. - Part of the reason why loans and banks would be a great addition.

What do you mean with the black hole that funds government deficits? Do government deficits just disappear? The way you describe it, it seems quite insane and yet another reason to launch a central bank.

FLP01
I thinks these changes would be appropriate and welcomed following on from the excellent changes made to the Financial Report, which made it interactive and has better enabled me to understand and analyse the performance of my company and each of its subdivisions

Yeah the new financial report overview is quite an improvement, hope they continue that trend to improve many of the current reports. It would be nice to be able to filter intercompany transactions as well... Or see the inventory valuations in the same window as the inventories, etc.. 

29.04.2017, 12:35

FLP01
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

Continuing with this topic, is it possible to directly transfer money between players? 

29.04.2017, 12:53

Last time edited : 29.04.2017, 12:58

XDCD
m:
XDCD Incorporated

Nope.

However you can 'give' someone money by just buying an item of them at a premium. For example you could buy one piece of grain from them for five million. 

2.05.2017, 20:15

FLP01
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

I also think that the Financial Report maybe needs a bit of tweaking as it is not immediately obvious where the numbers come from and are not entirely accurate as some things have been rounded slightly, despite this, I think it is great and I like seeing all the numbers and the breakdown of the business e.g. Fixed/Variable Costs etc. and is one of the most realistic aspects of the game 

3.05.2017, 19:17

FLP01
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

Well, voting has now finished and I can now say that the result of the vote on the question: "Would creating a fund for Virtonomics be a good idea?" which was held between 19.04.17 and 03.05.17 has been a pretty unanimous 'Yes' with 11 votes for YES and 1 vote for NO. I will now post a link to this discussion on the official suggestions thread so the developers will hopefully see it. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Bank of Virtonomics

• Page: