Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Nationality

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Voting:  

Should nationality be captured and displayed?

Voting duration:

Start: 14.04.2016, 16:07

End date: Not specified

Voting continues
- I was born on open seas, N/A

- No No

- Yup

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 14.04.2016, 16:07

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: master Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

I think it would be really cool to see everyone's nationality on forum posts, corp roster home page, politics roster home page, player ranking pages, etc.  I think it is something that could generate more communication, teamwork, friendships.

To implement, I'd make is an optional field on the profile page.  Once the field is added, a PM blast from administration could go out letting everyone know and letting them know they can optionally populate the field.

Then, the information would be captured so it could be displayed where appropriate.

• Page:
Message list:  

14.04.2016, 16:28

AdRome
Five years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
l:
Roma Honorabilis

I've never considered this but G_Money makes a good point, nationality adds some information to your profile that isn't just a word mashup with a couple of numbers, its generic enough that it doesn't hinder your privacy, but it allows people to get more of a feel of who they are interacting with.

Currently, especially for new players, interacting with other players seems daunting, you don't know who you are writing to, what you'll get back, but as I've experienced more recently, writing to people yields responses - most of the time. Adding on these types of OPTIONAL functions, would allow them to find similarities that will allow them to - well as G Money said

G_Money33
something that could generate more communication, teamwork, friendships.

An issue of clans and racism might arise, but I don't think so, people playing Virtonomics are sensible enough not do it (I believe), besides, banning an abusive player does no harm to the community.

Something to add, it would be nice if you got a little flag as the topmost icon in the awards section (where I've got a golden star - year with virtnomics)

Just a few points in favour of a potentially really neat game feature Very we! 

14.04.2016, 16:47

Last time edited : 14.04.2016, 16:59

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

I will vote yes only if Antarctica is a country. 

14.04.2016, 17:41

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

oops, voted NO, then started reading... Please substract 1 vote from NO and add to YES :-)

I like the idea and would like to add a languages field too. Not that I don't appreciate those messages in strange letters that I assume to be russian, but if the sender knows in advance I won't understand, it might save him the trouble of sending me those messages. (yes, I am aware of the existence google translate, but I'm way beyond the point where I actually go through the trouble of translating those futile messages by people I don't know)

Coming from a country with 3 official languages myself, language appears a more important barrier than nationality. Moreover: you might hail from a small country with an unspeakable language, but still speak perfect french, english, spanish, ... 

15.04.2016, 08:00

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

Good suggestions. What do you think about a competition between countries? For those Russian messages, a built in translator would be nice. 

15.04.2016, 11:58

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

If you can convince every USA citizen Canada is not the 51st state then yes, else I was born on open seas. 

15.04.2016, 20:24

Ksenija_
l:
Ksenija_ Limited

I completely agree with JustNash that disclosing players' nationality might come handy for commmunication purposes. Well

However, revealing nationalities so that the players could come together and form teams might bring about a double-edge sword effect. It may be the case that the players form big countries or from the countries that have strong political or cultural relations might stick together, thus possibly isolating the players who come from smaller coutries.   So-so 

25.06.2016, 05:07

Last time edited : 25.06.2016, 05:11

VanguardScotland
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics

Perhaps it could be done over a trial period. If it causes problems, it could be removed at the end ... or kept.

Besides, there's already the option for like minded groups to gang up on others through the corporations. 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Nationality

• Page: