Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Suggestion: Online Shopping (with poll)

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Voting:  

Is this something you would like to see in game

Voting duration:

Start: 17.02.2016, 21:56

End date: 18.03.2016, 21:56

Voting is finished
Good idea, although some working required

Yep, totally

What was the question again?

No, please no!

This is just crap

OK idea, a lot of work needed

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 17.02.2016, 21:56

AdRome
Five years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
l:
Roma Honorabilis

Greetings,

I think its time for a new method for retailing; (as mentioned in the title, obviously) online shopping for consumers. I feel that the current store system is great but its limited to single cities. I feel that if you could offer the equivalent of online shopping to the consumers, new market opportunities would arise.

Just a few points to consider;

1)    Demand will want significantly lower prices than store prices (inconvenience of online shopping?)

2)    Demand will be correlated to the educational and wealth index of a city (determines internet access and usage of pop.)

3)    Supply will then also affect store's sales in a given city (or region, depending on how this will work, see point 4)

4)    Sales should be distributed throughout a region not just cities (you can ship to anywhere, well almost anywhere)

Feel free to contribute, the more the better To you   

• Page:
Message list:  

17.02.2016, 22:22

TyStuFF
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

This idea is proposed very often, so there is a great interest in it anyway.

Practical implementing of such an idea is probably a big challenge. Personally I would suggest that e-commerce would make use of a new qualification and a new kind of warehouse requiring employees.

Also there should be restrictions on the kind of products, nobody really buys a car online I guess. And food is in modern days very possible, but chilled tiny parcels to the consumers is relatively expensive, so transport costs should also be a great factor. 

18.02.2016, 01:34

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

technically interesting tho this one defines my vote: "Demand will want significantly lower prices" 

18.02.2016, 02:06

TyStuFF
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

In some cases demand will want significantly higher prices, like food... Though it should have a relatively low market volume, compared to other products.

Nowadays a lot of companies pop up with premium quality food boxes full of vegetables, meat and other things to make complete meals, including recipes. Very expensive compared to the stores, but for the busy workaholic it's perfect and they don't mind to pay a lot.

Actually it would be fun if people would come up with some practical suggestions. Though I'm quite convinced any kind of way to implement this would make people happy and others disappointed, but that's normal I guess To you 

18.02.2016, 11:42

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

I actually gladly pay more for my online shopping. It is very convenient: I don't need to drive to a store find a parking space, wait until an under-educated unfriendly sales clerk maybe comes and help me OR be frustrated that he's helping that hot blonde that came in way later than me first.

Other than that, I agree. I'm even one of those enthusiasts that's proposed this before :-) 

19.02.2016, 22:03

AdRome
Two years with Virtonomics
l:
Roma Honorabilis

Cheers for the replies!

I do take your point, JustNash but I was suggesting something that would allow some balancing of the game; selling directly from warehouses as opposed to stores, one per region rather than one per city is really bery convenient in terms of cutting costs.

The idea of a new qualification altogether sounds good, just as repair shops have a different qualification to services. However in terms of additional costs I'm not sure as to how to increase that. Maybe some sort of 'delivery van' machinery could be implemented. You can't really deliver products door to door with a 20 meter truck in urban areas.

Your vans can serve a certain city and you might need a garage, or secondary warehouse where to store products for local distribution. Consumers pay through that secondary warehouse, and products are delivered there.

In brief:

A new qualification, with another type of subdivision to serve a certain city that house equipment in the form of 'delivery van'.

Critique away To you 

14.09.2016, 12:40

hitaishi
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Shagreen, VII-XV places Tenderman
l:
Tantra International
m:
Hitaishi Ltd.

This will go hand in hand with the logistics idea...will make such a great addition to the game.

more depth more depth.... 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Suggestion: Online Shopping (with poll)

• Page: