Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Suggestion - 3D Maps of Cities and Countries.

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 31.01.2016, 10:38

Last time edited : 1.02.2016, 01:11

Marloan_Morris
Triple corporate chevron For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Black Friday wallet Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Like the world map is extra loaded there should be also a a 3d map for the cities.

City Map:
Using the tiles already existing... houses or skyscrapers displaying population.
With hovering ownership icons for the subdivisions. So the map would be fresh calculated upon server status.
A beautiful example would be ring cities with commercial zones
Visionary "Paolo Soleri with his "Venus Project" ---google that - gives wonderful perspectives.
This would build the world of tomorrow and would be also a great addition for simformer, since you
do not only educate, but you implement vision.
Own subdivisions display a ring like menu with submenus
When clicking on a subdivisionmenu of your  own product... traffic routes of product traffic are displayed..
On costs ... there are colums growing showing customs transport and other costs.
that would give  funky fireworks on some warehouses.

Country Map: Schematic City icons with (Mayor displayed, raw materials, and different icons or colors for main
usage. Like agriculture, Warehousing, production...)

People love to see what they built. It would give also a better one view impression of the possibilities and power of the city.

Animated Icons (invented since 1988.) Beautiful gif animation apps have been released for free ... usem...

for under construction or showing harvest or making the screen a little livelier... make ships move... airplanes fly...

For static icons use a shader to give it a 3d background... or a shadow ....

"mouseover" is the pretties thing (you can do highlights... darken...load animated gif)... since only one thing would move and not everything...

kids hate virtonomics because it does nothing.... but they love the hell out of clash of clans which is plain out stupid.

For this Idea I would like to get a poperly shaded 3d looking virtonomics logo idea patch Well spasiba! with a minimum of +10 in marketing and  management, and +5 to all other skills, because you are so greatful.... Well

And as a little idea bonus for you!. You could actually link google earth view 3d walkarround links in the cities. So you can actually walk arround in the city hall.... or look at the harbor...

Like when you click on the city hall for example you actually get a frame opening with mouse controls like in earth view.
that would be incredibly educational.

And instead of those ugly popups use frames and layers. (last bonus idea for today)

• Page:
Message list:  

4.03.2016, 05:16.     Subject: Add

Marloan_Morris
Triple corporate chevron For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Black Friday wallet Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Since this post has been completely neglegted or ignored, I am going to go one step beyond adding 3d(look) to the web game.

Have you heard of Lumberyard? Crytek engine, open source to anyone. Make a grafical version interfacing the browser version of the game. So you can play both on 2 screens. The size this can go is endless (within the crytek meisures).

But you can make it simple with just a main corporate city with facilites for corporations and partys... like a meetingroom.
Head office, Public promotion hall. With generated or personal tour. Giftshop for your personal office.

Or you can go really big and create cities and the whole world. Some form of symbolized way. Since bigger cities would bust any grafic engine. With functionality this would be quite some project since just a walk arround would be quite boring. 

6.03.2016, 05:24

Last time edited : 6.03.2016, 05:35

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Paul Valery believed "poems are never finished, only abandoned", and I know all painters also have felt this in their early exercises. But a commercial painter needs to know when to put the brush down and decide it's finished, more work will not generate extra cash.

Like a painter, Virto administration should also decide when it's finished and ready for commercial usage. I have a feeling that more 3D taste will bring more visitors, but really have no idea how many will stay and get addicted. After 9 years running this site they must already know the answer or they need professional help. As users, we can always ask for more and that's fun, So YES! Cheerfully 

6.03.2016, 10:29

Last time edited : 6.03.2016, 10:29

Gendalf04
The crown of the French empire Wild beehive Honeycomb Honey Barrel Shagreen, VII-XV places Merchant Medal III level Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
l:
Kuku Industries

The good thing about current Virtonomics, everything runs smoothly without delays. Only gpu hungry scripts are taxing on my poor notebook. If any new fancy eye-pleasing stuff increases the servers load and affects the pace of user-server interactions, there would new topics pop up demanding simple and plain interface that is good on user’s blood pressure.

But hey, who objects dreaming big? We could draw shooter loving audience by implementing angry birds themed side game, shooting with your proudly produced eggs aiming your competitors stores. 

14.09.2016, 12:37

hitaishi
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Shagreen, VII-XV places Tenderman
l:
Tantra International
m:
Hitaishi Ltd.

This is a game about numbers and economics. Most people do not play this for eye candy.

I would not welcome a bloated 3d graphics heavy anything here. They should rather work on refining the UI further....reducing the number of clicks necessary to do routine tasks...like making a new subdivision....it should be a 2 click thing instead of the many it needs right now. 

22.09.2016, 04:59

mdmoyer
Small barrel Eleven years with Virtonomics V sign Ancient Asian symbol of peace Double corporate chevron Production: bachelor Haloween pumpkin Frankenstein Mask
Witch Mask World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Mayor Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Moyer Industries
n:
WindSail Enterprises
m:
Moyer Industries

I can see both sides of this and if implemented in your settings a simple option check box could enable or disable the feature so people could choose. 

2.10.2016, 15:17

Last time edited : 2.10.2016, 15:54

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

Gendalf04
But hey, who objects dreaming big? We could draw shooter loving audience by implementing angry birds themed side game, shooting with your proudly produced eggs aiming your competitors stores.
I'm a sniper in shooter games Not precisely so wouldn't a appeal to me much, however I would love this:

You've been egged by Mad Limited, and your following stores have been shut down for one week for clean up

Then everyone starts egging everyone else, economy collapses, the whole vitro world population dies from starvation...

Gendalf04
The good thing about current Virtonomics, everything runs smoothly without delays. Only gpu hungry scripts are taxing on my poor notebook. If any new fancy eye-pleasing stuff increases the servers load and affects the pace of user-server interactions, there would new topics pop up demanding simple and plain interface that is good on user’s blood pressure.

I wouldn't call a slow server "runs smoothly without delays" some days I wonder if they run this game out of their basement on dial-up... With all the incoming transactions and points connected to the U.S. Dollar I would expect a better server or better content by now... My sever from ovh child company (so you start) is dirt cheap for what it gives, they have a 32gb ram version for a few bucks more...

The ui interface upgrade is needed but it shouldn't be resource intensive... Basic html (pre html 5 standard, I think html 2 or 3) permitted stretching images via a variable threw css styling. I got a nice blue with mouse over actions in under 600kb images where not compressed that good. If I can find it I'll set it up and show you... This site even with the multitude of images shouldn't be that hard on our computers or their servers. If it is, then it's time to find a new programmer/web layout designer...

A solution to this issue is perhaps offer points to low demanding web scripts and images?

--Edit--
not to be a male donkey or anything but your laptops gpu isn't even being touched by this sites or 99.9% of the websites scripts you visit... It's all done via CPU. In order for graphical imagery to go threw your gpu (likely a low end on board one that wouldn't make much difference anyways), your browser would need to support gpu encoding/decoding which is rarely the case and is usually passed into something like Java or Adobe... Seeing as this site has neither except the world map of online players it's going threw your CPU. If you're having issues on this site with your computer it's either due to scripts on your computer for this site (happens to me a lot) or your computer is either bugged or needs upgrading.

--/Edit--

hitaishi
This is a game about numbers and economics. Most people do not play this for eye candy.

I would not welcome a bloated 3d graphics heavy anything here. They should rather work on refining the UI further....reducing the number of clicks necessary to do routine tasks...like making a new subdivision....it should be a 2 click thing instead of the many it needs right now.

Yes, but lagging in the times will lose users... Modern users require fast and pleasurable sites, this site fails at both.

I'm with you however, that they need to focus on more important things including making the game more player friendly threw less clicks on a mouse.

If they use html 5 standard or python/Perl (I forget which) with I think JavaScript they could literally make enterprise creation one page... Which cuts down at least the next/back clicking plus at that time we could use tab and arrow keys. 

2.10.2016, 16:42

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Single corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

gamerz300

Then everyone starts egging everyone else, economy collapses, the whole vitro world population dies from starvation...

or not, if admins would take the chance and introduce cleaning services, security and protection services and redecoration/construction servicesSo-so 

3.10.2016, 12:47

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

And how would those workers get to said locations without trucks and cars To you

We could revive the automotive sector (the old ones) for said services, much in the same manner the computers are for the offices.

So before egging can start we need cleaning services, but before that we need some sort of transportation ability... So basically cars are the equipment and the cleaning supplies are the consumables. Because if a cleaning service in China is cheaper than one in the U.S.A. the workers would need to swim across the ocean or risk using the vitro worlds teleportation device ment only for objects and animals I roll! 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Suggestion - 3D Maps of Cities and Countries.

• Page: