Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports -> Translation mistakes

Suggestions on how to make our virtual business game better and reports about discovered errors.

Topic:

Topic created : 12.10.2015, 08:49

Last time edited : 14.10.2015, 15:22

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

If you find any translation mistakes in English you're welcome to post it here with the right version of the translation preferably with a screenshot so administration can find a place with mistake easily.

We mostly looking for grammatical mistakes and replacement of google translator work.

The most active people who find a lot of mistakes might receive small reward with game points (1-3) depending of effort

Let's make Virtonomics better! Very we!

• Page:
Message list:  

12.10.2015, 12:21

Last time edited : 12.10.2015, 20:02

el09sjs
Twelve years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor The tender collider, VII-XV places
m:
Bio.

I don't know how to insert screen shots here but I will try to describe the mistakes.

1)

Mistake: Plant description reads "flora specimen yet unknown to the science [cost 15]"

Correction: "flora specimen currently unknown to science [cost 15]"

2)
As the English server has a UK flag I assume it should use UK English rather than US English

Location: My company -> Reports -> Financial report (Under table named  Expense structure)

Mistake: Item reads "Building and modernization"

Correction: "Building and modernisation"

3)
Location: Incinerator -> Financial report (Under table named  Prime cost structure)

Mistake: Item reads "Equipment amortization"

Correction: "Equipment amortisation"

4)
Location: My company -> Reports -> Financial report (Under table named  Expense structure)

Mistake: Item reads "Contributions to budgets"

Correction: "Contribution to budgets"

5)
This one is not simple to understand.

Location: My company -> Management -> Equipment (Title above Buy, Repair Write off buttons)

Mistake: Item reads "Operations with equipment of selected manufacturers"

Correction: "Equipment management and maintenance" or "Equipment management for subdivisions"

6)
Location: My company -> Management -> Technologies (2nd Line)

Mistake: Item reads "Your company has already placed offers for the amount of $2 000.00"

Correction: "Your company has already made offers in the amount of $2 000.00"

7)
Location: My company -> Management -> Black list (description paragraph)

Mistake: Item reads "The companies listed in the black list cannot buy your products. The concluded contracts will be cancelled during the upgrade. Blacklisting a company is possible by use of "Community/Company search" menu, or directly selecting at buyers list at "Sale" tab of any subdivision."

Correction: "Companies on your blacklist cannot buy your products. Any contracts made by these companies will be cancelled during the upgrade. To blacklist a company go to "Community/Company search" menu, or select it from the buyers list on "Sale" tab of any subdivision."

8)

Mistake: Item reads "Black list"

Correction: "Blacklist"

9)

Mistake: Item reads "Heads of States"

Correction: "Heads of State"

10)
Not too sure with this one but it's not right in the current form.

Location: Politics -> Governors -> Governor's councils (tab title)

Mistake: Item reads "Governor's councils"

Correction: "Governors councils" or "Governors' councils"

11)
Location: Politics -> Mayors -> Influential persons (tab title)

Mistake: Item reads "Influential persons"

Correction: "Influential people" 

12.10.2015, 13:58

Last time edited : 12.10.2015, 14:04

Lord_David
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
m:
Lord_David Invest

You no longer need corrections for texts in Spanish and French?

PS: I already translated 5 texts for you, but now I see you've edited your original entry. 

13.10.2015, 09:32

Last time edited : 13.10.2015, 09:37

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Lord_David
Sorry for that. i asked Diska and he said that French and Spanish are not in first priority. Although if you already translated something, please post it here anyway. if it is good work they might give you a reward for the effort. It is my fault bc i thought that French and Spanish interface need work as well without consulting with administration

el09sjs
Great work! English is not my 1st lang so i can not determine if all of them are right but from what i know most are 

13.10.2015, 11:27

el09sjs
Twelve years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor The tender collider, VII-XV places
m:
Bio.

Thanks! 

14.10.2015, 13:36

diska
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Beauty set King of the Fields Citronom Virtonomics Philanthropist 1st class Shagreen, VII-XV places Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Planter
Holmes Pipe Dynamite Belgian chevron Jewelry Loupe Beauty set Perfume Dentist Sicilian olive
Italy Gold Italy Gold Shagreen, VII-XV places Six years with Virtonomics Fishing Pro Princely mansion Planter Landowner
Miner Helmet Award for helping other players
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Jewelry Loupe Beauty set King of the Fields King of the Fields Golden hook Golden hook Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Magical bonsai MBA diploma
One year with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Bronze bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian silver coin
l:
cnJDS
n:
Flaj Cokotlaj
m:
JDS
a:
Anna Ltd.

el09sjs
Your reward is sent to you in a PM Gift
Thanks Not precisely 

15.10.2015, 16:34

el09sjs
m:
Bio.

Thanks again. 

21.11.2015, 22:16

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Topic is not closed so if someone finds more mistakes, please post it here. Administration will correct and fix it. 

14.12.2015, 01:40

Last time edited : 20.12.2015, 04:35

TyStuFF
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

The following mines/factories have incorrect work places naming (mix of shafts, work places and Russian):
Copper mine
Chrome mine
Manganese mine
Textile factory
Factory for production of carpets

("Carpet factory" would make more sense as well, it's a bit of an odd naming method compared to the others)

Reports > Financial report > By items:
Income:
Tecnhology sale -> Technology sale 

10.01.2016, 18:34

Last time edited : 10.01.2016, 18:35

wolf85
Three years with Virtonomics
Appolo in turquoise The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

all Ekostandart???  does this mean all environmental standarts?

The Law on a National Enviromental Service

All the mayors in all cities receive 25% discount on ecological municipal projects (garbage, sewage, power monitoring); all governors across the country receive 25% discount on ecological regional projects (all Ekostandart, environmental police and monitoring of power plants), and spend 15% less of the budget for the environment. 

30.01.2016, 05:31.     Subject: Letters of Upgrade or Technology finished!

Last time edited : 31.01.2016, 09:53

Marloan_Morris
Triple corporate chevron For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Black Friday wallet Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Employees have been trained. The full list of units which completed training is given at the end of the letter.

- corr for all the letters... (btw. a letter is usually something with an envelope unless its called news letter which is a new term expression. Alternatives: This is a posting, after I sent you a message via e-mail. You wouldnt say system letter, which would be A, B, C, D.....)

Corr: Employees have been trained. Following units have finished their training:

Actually as far as I know the word "given" is not used in english for this expression of you giving information.

"Life is a given thing, still don't take it for granted" would be the correct use.

If you make someone a present you would not say he has been gifted.

you can find, it is displayed or shown or required, as listed ... depending on the case...

so "crtl-f" a lot to replace ;) 

28.03.2016, 01:25

Last time edited : 28.03.2016, 01:25

el09sjs
m:
Bio.

Just for anyone reading "given" is actually correct in this situation. It refers to information being "specified" at some point in the letter. The many quirks of the English language. Very we! 

16.09.2016, 07:37

SunshineExtreme
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
SunshineExtreme Incorporated

When setting the number of employees to zero, a note reads: "If you fire all your staff, who will do all this job?"

It should be "If you fire all your staff, who will do all this work?" 

16.09.2016, 11:25

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

the production facilities for sombreros and ponchos are called "apparel manufactoring". Not that I'm a fan of this term, but at the very least, it should be "apparel manufacturing".

Imo, it would be better to name these: Traditional clothing factory. Or Folk clothing factory. Products could be made more generic:
sombrero -> traditional hats
poncho -> traditional coats
But this takes us away from the english correction topic. 

22.10.2016, 13:13

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

Not sure if this is a translation mistake or someone took a few too many 🍸(martinis for those who can't see the icon) at the local bar...

https://virtonomics.com/lien/main/user/realms ...

Anna has the worst calculation time of 23:15 hours... 

23.10.2016, 18:25

Kenyan
Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods

Do you accept only translation mistakes on english on this topic? Or portuguese ones too? 

List of forums -> Your suggestions and bug reports-> Translation mistakes

• Page: