Create your dream company and become a tycoon!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Nika business licenses

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 8.08.2017, 02:45

zabledor5
One year with Virtonomics

I was wondering if someone could answer a question of mine regarding business licenses. As i am limited to 10 of them, how did the top player get 483 business licenses? Or did he spend over 400 dollars on the game thereby making the game pay to win?

Thank your for your time   

• Page:
Message list:  

8.08.2017, 05:42

Juvenarius
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
Juvenarius Ltd.

Ummm... You can earn game points instead of buying but most of the ways to earn them are not available in Nika yet. I think only quests are available.

But, yeah this game is slightly pay to win and Nika is heavily pay to win, if by win you mean getting to the top charts and not just doing your best and seeing what you can do.

Anyways, if you enjoy the game, you might consider purchasing game points as it can boost your experience and it helps to keep the game running. I bought a bunch and plan on getting more in a couple months. 

8.08.2017, 06:09

zabledor5

That does feel a bit harsh. I do enjoy the game though but pay to win is always detrimental for the other players.

What other ways are there/will there be to earn points? 

8.08.2017, 12:03

Last time edited : 8.08.2017, 12:06

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

if you can w/o it bugging out on you, do the daily login bonus, it'll give you 3 points.

Not sure about Nika but there's a quest to place 3 items that gives points and at a management level there's 3 items that can be placed for free.

There's also tenders but not sure if their actually working currently.

@Juvenarius I think your definition of slightly is slightly different from what it should be To you 

9.08.2017, 16:08

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

No, this game is definitely not pay to win. Points give a boost to those who need it but hardly effect other corporations. My company is successful and growing and someone spending 2000 points won't change that. 

9.08.2017, 19:19

XDCD
Five years with Virtonomics
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

Jayman
No, this game is definitely not pay to win. Points give a boost to those who need it but hardly effect other corporations. My company is successful and growing and someone spending 2000 points won't change that.

7 well sized mines and a farm on Nika...
Can't really say it's not pay to win and use your company as an example when you've clearly spend a bunch buddy. 

9.08.2017, 21:07

Juvenarius
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
Juvenarius Ltd.

Ummm... I think the point was that the other player's success doesn't mean you're losing. Not a 0 sum game after all.

That's what I meant by doing your best and seeing what you can do. You can purchase a bit, a lot, or no game points and still have fun, learn and enjoy the game. That's a win in my opinion. But if by win you mean getting to the top charts, then I still think it's slightly (just slightly) p2w and Nika is currently heavily p2w since the expansion is limited and the main sources of free game points are unavailable. 

9.08.2017, 21:33

Last time edited : 9.08.2017, 21:34

zabledor5

Although i do agree with that statement, i believe this is due to the server being rather new. There is still enough marketshare on Nika to be taken from NPC's. This however, will most likely change when the server further progresses.

What im afraid of is that Nika might not have a long life expectancy. This due to players leaving because of unfair competition when players start to heavily compete with one another. Were this to happen, it won't be fun for anyone 

9.08.2017, 21:55

XDCD
Five years with Virtonomics
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

Juvenarius
Ummm... I think the point was that the other player's success doesn't mean you're losing. Not a 0 sum game after all.

That's what I meant by doing your best and seeing what you can do. You can purchase a bit, a lot, or no game points and still have fun, learn and enjoy the game. That's a win in my opinion. But if by win you mean getting to the top charts, then I still think it's slightly (just slightly) p2w and Nika is currently heavily p2w since the expansion is limited and the main sources of free game points are unavailable.

Ehh.. Actually, having mines etc as point purchases heavily inflated prices for raw mats and end products, which in turn fucks up the entire market, leaving non-spenders with a small margin on lower quality products and basically none or a loss on higher quality products in most cases. Many markets are even impossible to profit from without a mine or farm (and when you do own them just selling the raw mats often get you more because people willing to take a loss). So yeah, it does impact the gameplay of other players sadly.

Also "main sources for free game points" are a little off as you most likely won't win them without spending game points.

Doesn't mean you can't play without - you just won't progress much and it won't be very enjoyable. 

9.08.2017, 22:46

Juvenarius
n:
Juvenarius Ltd.

lol I haven't tried any points tender yet, so, I don't know how hard they are at regular servers and Nika will probably be even harder. So it's possible that, in the end, it will take points to win free points.

I think things will only get bad for real as they remove independent suppliers. IMO there should be Q1 independent suppliers for all the base raw materials and products. Players who buy mines/plantations would already benefit from higher quality with tech and lower price.

But, at least so far I think it would be quite enjoyable even without points. It is on Lien and I have no reason to think Mary would be worse. As for Nika, it could be viewed as a different challenge to have the constraint on the number os subdivisions and pvp at the same time. It's just hard to view it as part of the game design since you can buy your way around it.

I don't worry much about the market share because even at the servers where everyone can have unlimited subdivisions you can find locations or products/services that have been neglected. Of course, industry will be limited too, so there's always the chance that you'll be stuck with low quality products to compete with high quality products if the majority of players choose to pay and you don't. If they don't, then it will be low vs low, I think.

I guess it's still too early to come to conclusions or worry about how the market will be. Not to mention that the devs can make changes. 

9.08.2017, 23:50

zabledor5

With Lien and Mary already there it does create a place for players to play without the whole business licenses idea. However, we must not forget the enjoyment of those who do pay. Empty servers it not fun for them either. Im afraid that this system will unbalance the server causing a negative reaction from those that pay for the game. If this causes them to spend less, the game will have successfully damaged its long-term profits in trade of short-term profits.

As for the business licenses idea, its very interesting. However, they should not be bought with points! They should be earned through the game. 

10.08.2017, 05:05

Last time edited : 10.08.2017, 05:14

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

If you start your own business in real life and earn $10 million/year would you consider that a failure because you didn't earn as much as Apple or Google?

Virtonomics is an open-ended business simulation with many ways to win. Set a goal of earning 10B, having the best medical centers, the most sales of baked goods, or one of the top retail stores in a particular city or country and work to achieve it. If you accomplish your goal, you've won. 

10.08.2017, 12:55

Last time edited : 10.08.2017, 12:58

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

10 profit or revenue? Open-ended question can lead to the assumption of failure.

So yes one could see being out performed by someone with a bigger pocket as a failure. Or at the very least unpleasant to play.

I personally would love Nika if qualification was eradicated, because with very limited enterprises w/o paying points it's too restrictive. Basically even comparing Nika to the real world is hardly a fair comparison, unless you're referring to the 1X00-1700 and you're going against the church...

Just a little fyi Google and apple along with Facebook Tesla Microsoft Tim Hortons McDonald's and the list goes on, they all started small but how many had the ability to buy and produce their own money like here? As in $10 hands you $10-100 billion.

If something along these lines was to happen Nika along with the other realms would become far more enjoyable, and what happens when you enjoy something? You're more likely to put money into it.

Currently I refuse to hand any more money over due to sales being single resource, and Nika having qualifications, Nika is basically a chokehold trying to bleed you out of every dollar that you own. Basically if you buy into Nika you might as well do this as well:
http://mashable.com/2009/12/31/crystal-palace-space-station-sale/ ...

I'd say Anna is possibly the closest thing to the real world here, but sadly Anna too has qualifications. Which means a company like Tesla, Amazon or any company/person who could stomp on, rattle the competition (or make them work harder) can't exist in any realm. Well w/o spending 2000-5000 points from day one that is... 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Nika business licenses

• Page: