Create your dream company in the global economic game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Buying game points

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 9.07.2017, 05:36

Juvenarius
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
Juvenarius Ltd.

Greetings!

I'm still learning the basics of the game and feel very tempted to buy some points to boost up my managing skills and maybe more. I'm new to this game, but I'm not new to gaming, so, I know I have a very low chance of actually spending the points properly, which makes me want to delay until I at least know the basics.

That said, I'd like to ask a few questions:
1 - How early in the game is it a good idea to buy points?
2 - Is it better to look for mentor / corporation first? (As in having someone to at least tell me I'm making a mistake when I'm using my points or taking a possible role in the corporation that would require points.)
3 - have you used game points on something you regret?

Thanks for your attention.

Very we!   

• Page:
Message list:  

9.07.2017, 18:04

primayoga123
Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Strawhat Alliances

1. If you play on the new server (nika), I think the best decision to spend your point is to buy new enterprise license as in this server have 10 license limitation. Buy when you feel need to add new unit.

2. I dont know. I feel going solo is good as I am a solo player and a bit shy because I am also relatively new than the big player here. However, if you want to solo, you have to read the forum more.

3. Yeah, especially when I wasn't thinking more about the opportunity cost.

A bit words from me, Virtonomics is not your typical fast-paced game. Virtonomics is very slow, because of this, you will the urge to rush things at first and try to buy point and spend it without thinking. Try to think before make a move.

Last tips from me, for beginner, store is the source of all your income. With that being said, before opening the store, try to find average market price on the city and if there is any supplier with good price. Find that on analytics ---> market analysis. From there, you can find the average retail price of an item and in "product" tabs you can also find if there is any supplier.

After doing that, pick an item that not so many people produce and try to produce that item by yourself. Go to analytics ---> reference if you want to find the item needed to produce an item (a bit confusing, but you get it, right?). 

9.07.2017, 21:02

Last time edited : 10.07.2017, 20:46

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

1. Best use for points is probably one of the bonus sets. I'd wait until a few days before the promotion expires so you have more time to decide which set is best for your company.

2. Most information you need can be found easily on the forums so I don't think a mentor is needed. A few corporations on the easier realms might accept new members but most want experienced players who know what they're doing and able to contribute something.

3. Yes, but any use of points to purchase paid resources (mines, farms) will help your company greatly and support the game so it will continue to be available. 

10.07.2017, 01:15

Juvenarius
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
Juvenarius Ltd.

Thanks for the tips so far! Very we!

As for buying points, I'm almost sure I will. It's mostly a matter of when and what I'll do with them. But now I'm only spending on one server though. That way I can still have the no bonus experience.

As for the nika server, that's the evil pvp one, right? I guess I'm not ready for that yet. I'm still struggling with the regular one lol.

I liked Jayman's idea of getting the bonus sets when they're close to expire to have more time to analyze. I'm not sure if the sets are noob friendly though. It seems like I'd need high level on management and the business type for the bundle. Anyone got an idea on what the min level to make them work would be?

Thanks again. Very we! 

14.07.2017, 13:52

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Looks like my post was removed. Did the moderator really delete it just because I recommended to not buy points?!?

Anyway, I would still recommend to not buy points - in my opinion that's a more fun way to play this game. And I would advice the moderator to moderate his moderation a bit; deleting posts just because you don't like my opinion is too restrictive and could potentially limit the activity on this forum. 

14.07.2017, 17:15

Viraxje
Six years with Virtonomics
Elm Leaning Tower Portugal soccer ball Masquerade wig Jubilee Ten Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Wild beehive The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Eight years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Viraxje Ltd.
m:
Viraxje Industries

Interesting, apparently it's allowed to sell runescape gold but not give your thoughts on Virto related subjects. 

14.07.2017, 18:15

Last time edited : 14.07.2017, 18:17

Juvenarius
n:
Juvenarius Ltd.

That's odd that it got deleted. But I did read your post. It was a valid opinion and that's why I decided not to spend points on one of the servers to experience the basic growth difficulty as well.

In the end I did purchase points though. And already spent some on things I kinda regret lol. I'm very good at it. Not to mention that I missed the orange farm sale. But I did get a gold mine I'm enjoying a lot and may grab either a copper or an oil one too when the sale is close to end. :-D I'll probably just save them for special offers like these until I learn more about the game.

Thanks for posting your opinion, even though it got deleted. lol 

15.07.2017, 13:16

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

I have asked the support team for an explanation. It's not good for anyone when the forum is moderated like this. 

17.07.2017, 18:57

mort100
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

I received a reply from the support service:

"15 July 17 12:36 You have sent a message to Technical support,
message subject: Forum moderation

message body: Dear support team

My post on the forum was recently removed from this topic:
https://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/106335/view ...

The post did not contain anything offensive and was not in violation with the forum regulations. I suspect that the only reason for the removal of my post was that the moderator disagreed with my opinion. An explanation for the removal of my post would be most welcome.

Best regards,
mort100
Veteran player and virtonomics enthusiast
--------------
Host: virtonomics.com
IP: 84.209.152.216
--------------

Reply from technical support:

Your comment was deleted by the owner of the project, Not a forum moderator.

--
Best regards,
Technical support

P.S. Please, save the history in the message body!"

Not sure how to contact him directly, but I wish the owner of the project was more respectful to players' contributions to the forum - even when he disagree. Personally I find it discouraging to continue contributing, even to help players in the Q&A section, when it's like this. An apology would be encouraging, or at least a reassurance that more tolerance will be practiced in the future. 

17.07.2017, 20:42

XDCD
Five years with Virtonomics
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

So..

The "owner of the project" removed your message for not being a fan of purchasing points?
That's ridiculous.

In my opinion you're right in suggesting the points are both way too expensive and also ruin the games experience.

Sounds like someones quite desperate for some reason. Pretty sad.. 

18.07.2017, 04:01

Last time edited : 18.07.2017, 04:12

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

mort100
Looks like my post was removed. Did the moderator really delete it just because I recommended to not buy points?!?

Anyway, I would still recommend to not buy points - in my opinion that's a more fun way to play this game.

It costs money to run this site to pay for servers and staff. If no one bought points, you wouldn't have a company because this economic simulation would have to shut down due to a lack of funds. Advising people not to contribute hurts all of us who would like this site to remain.

Based on what I read on the Russian forums, it looks like they're losing money because not enough people contribute so please don't make things worse and tell people to not buy points. Those who think it's less fun to pay to get an advantage can buy points for the HR manager, reports, or to donate to the administration to help keep this site running.

XDCD
So..

The "owner of the project" removed your message for not being a fan of purchasing points?
That's ridiculous.

In my opinion you're right in suggesting the points are both way too expensive and also ruin the games experience.

Sounds like someones quite desperate for some reason. Pretty sad..

Buying points is necessary for this site to survive. The owner did the right thing by removing the post because it hurts all of us who would like this site to remain. If you feel points ruin the experience, you can spend them on something that doesn't help your company like reports or items for the office to help contribute. The owner allowed you to create a company for free and learn economics and business principals so please show some gratitude and appreciate it and not attack the owner by calling him desperate because you don't agree with his decision to remove a forum post. 

18.07.2017, 22:23

Last time edited : 18.07.2017, 22:56

Juvenarius
n:
Juvenarius Ltd.

Perhaps we should put this thread to rest. The purpose was to have an idea of when it would be best to purchase and maybe avoid the same mistakes people did when spending the points. I already bought the points and spent like 1/3, regret spending half (all due to my noobness) but loved what I got with the other half. It saved me a lot of time that I would have to spend begging people for cheaper mats and products or stuck spreading the very same store with the same items all over the world, limited by my commerce qualification points. The points I have give me the illusion of freedom to work whatever sector I feel like. And even though it's an illusion (e.g airplanes, yatch feel like months/years away), I love it. :-D

However, this thread turned into an argument on whether to censor or not what may eventually cause loss of revenue. I, myself would not have deleted it. Not only because I don't think it would ever keep anyone from buying, but because I believe that a post like what Jayman did would be, by far, more effective as an incentive to purchase if that wasn't the plan from the start. A reminder that buying points helps to keep things running. And maybe mention that if you feel like it's cheating (the classic pay to win effect), you can turn the points into a donation or do it as I did, keeping a server points free to experience the basic growth as well.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts, but I suggest breaking into two threads. One in the suggestions section to discuss the direction the development is taking and suggest that it move back into the original promised direction, and one specific on forum rules. Perhaps suggesting that the moderation be transferred to the community instead of the company. As for the classic pay to win issue, there is already an active thread called "Cheating in Virtonomics".

I mean, it would probably be for the best that we shift focus from stating what's wrong to figuring out how to fix it. Like figuring out what it would take for you guys to want to purchase points (either for boost or as donation) and add as a suggestion. Otherwise it will probably just make everyone unhappy about the game. 

19.07.2017, 21:30

Last time edited : 19.07.2017, 21:49

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Mort, deleting your post may just be another way of putting the head in the sand and keep hoping that revenue improves, without investment into proper marketing measures and using player’s feedback, but instead putting a knife to their throat.

One may disagree with such strategy, but if it works out for the owner it should not be our place to argue: after all, it is his virtual house where we hang out, and not ours, and we do not pay for having a say in it. Don’t complain to much because more admin accounts may be created to wear you out and make you go away.

At the end of the day, this being a business game, it should be appreciated that it teaches us that, there can be business made if you go with the flow,  but there is a framework which we have to work with, no matter convenient or not. There's always people and policies we’ve get to suck up to in order to be and stay successful.

In reality, in many places in the world, you and your whole family would be prone to extinction through mysterious circumstances if you’d say or write something wrong in the wrong place.  Even the president of the oh-so-democratic United S of A would destroy your life if you’d say something wrong against him in public.

Personally, i don't think this game can be played without any investment in points:  You may be an extremely skilful and successful player with that strategy, but few people have your knowledge and time to achieve the same. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Buying game points

• Page: