Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Financial Report and Store Behavior

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 15.05.2017, 18:12

Albrecht.liebkn
Triple corporate chevron The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics

Hey guys! I'm kinda new to the game (3 real weeks) and my questions are more about the game mechanics.

1) It can happen to me that at day one my financial report shows like
minus 1 million profit(like i made "big" invest) and the second day
it shows some plus profit for day one and the new calculation
for day two(like the outcome of the "big" invest).

- Is it because some profits of day two are indeed profits of day one? Like I buy something and pay it the next month?
 How does it works?

2) I got a store where I'm selling in 2 departments.
At day one I only sold the Foodstuff and the second day I only sold the Grocery, for example.

Is that normal behavior?

Kind Regards,

Yannick   

• Page:
Message list:  

15.05.2017, 19:09

xcrusader010
One year with Virtonomics
Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
Bogan Corporation

G'day

1. As you know, updates happen every 24 hours.

When you purchase items off the market (whether equipment, food for stores, or drugs) you pay for it on the next update.    After the update, you get the results for the day: revenue, expenses, profit, and taxes.

Revenue is total cash flow.
Expenses is how much you spent on products, equipment, construction of buildings, or any outgoings. etc.
Profit is how much money you made/lost on the day. If you have $1mil revenue and $1mil expenses, you have $0 profit. From what I understand, forgive me if I'm wrong, but you're saying the results for the previous day changed. It shouldn't happen. If you're convinced you're right, go to your reports and upload it on imgur or gyazo Very we!
Tax is of course how much profit goes to the government from stores, service sectors etc.

Remember that products take a day to be delivered to your warehouses (will appear on the next day), and equipment is instantly delivered via the equipment links and cannot be cancelled.

2. You have a store that sells more of one department than the other... Well, I know there's a -20% sales per department you have above one. Sales are also dependant on store efficiency, marketing, size, location and service status. Also your commerce qualification. Make sure everything is 100% efficiency and your top manager maxed out for the best results. If you're still confused, screenshots will be helpful so we know exactly what's wrong. To wink

Make sure your warehouses aren't overfilled, as this can raise the requirements of employees. Don't overprice or undercut, virtual customers are smart ;) More advice can be found on the forums, like: XioScript, top manager. Ridiculously 
-------------------------------

Bogan Corporation

15.05.2017, 20:31

Albrecht.liebkn
Triple corporate chevron The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics

At first, thank you for your reply and advice.
I will keep track of it - took a screenshot today, but one won't be enough for compairson.
But to be honest the fact that i actually pay on the update could be the thing that confused me.

Yea, I already read about that -20% but didn't mind it that much,
because I don't see it reflected in the Numbers of Visitors and Sales which are raising at the moment.

You may know if there is an option to view a detailed version of passed Periods. Like a balance sheet where I can see what I bought and sold at the very first day?

Kind Regards,

Yannick 

16.05.2017, 04:04

xcrusader010
Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
Bogan Corporation

If you go to your Trade Hall, go to the column Sales Volume, and you will see how many products you have sold during that day. The number is hyperlinked. Click the number for a popup window and you will see the graph, and previous days' sales of that product. Cheerfully 

Bogan Corporation

16.05.2017, 22:56

Last time edited : 16.05.2017, 23:05

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

The profit displayed is inaccurate and actually shows cash flow (revenues minus expenses). For example, if you sold $1000 in goods that you bought for $200 and ordered $5000 of new products, it will show your profit as negative $4000 ($1000 revenue minus $5000 purchase) even though you actually earned a profit of $800 ($1000 sales minus $200 cost). That's why you'll often see taxes paid when "profit" is negative.

To find the correct profit amount, you have to click on Financial Report --> Income Statement and look under Calculation of Tax Payments. Taxable profit shows the correct amount of profit you earned. 

16.05.2017, 23:16

Last time edited : 16.05.2017, 23:25

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

xcrusader010
Revenue is total cash flow.
Expenses is how much you spent on products, equipment, construction of buildings, or any outgoings. etc.
Profit is how much money you made/lost on the day. If you have $1mil revenue and $1mil expenses, you have $0 profit. From what I understand, forgive me if I'm wrong, but you're saying the results for the previous day changed. It shouldn't happen. If you're convinced you're right, go to your reports and upload it on imgur or gyazo Very we!
Tax is of course how much profit goes to the government from stores, service sectors etc.

The reports aren't accurate. It actually shows:

Revenue - Money received
Expenses - Money spent
"Profit" - Cash flow (money received minus money spent)
Tax - Taxes paid (based on actual profit, not the "profit" listed)

For example, you buy $200 of products on day one. On day two, you sell those products for $1000 and order $5000 in new products to sell later. If the tax rate was 20% and you paid $100 for store rent and salary, the report on day 2 would show:

Revenue $1000
Expenses $5000
Profit negative $4000
Tax $140

The income statement would show the correct profit:

Calculation of tax payments
Revenues $1000
Prime cost expenses $200
Expenses $100
Taxable profit $700
Profit tax (20.00 %) $140 

17.05.2017, 03:25

xcrusader010
m:
Bogan Corporation

I see... Another funny one is if you order all products from your own factory at a billion dollars per unit. Of course I won't try that, but I know if I did that with, say, fabric, I'll be 1st place on turnover I roll!

It's sometimes annoying... I can't get accurate financial reports.. 

Bogan Corporation

23.05.2017, 09:46

Jayman
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

xcrusader010
I see... Another funny one is if you order all products from your own factory at a billion dollars per unit. Of course I won't try that, but I know if I did that with, say, fabric, I'll be 1st place on turnover I roll!

You can use that to easily win the level 4 top 100 in turnover quest and get 3 points. 

23.05.2017, 11:48

xcrusader010
m:
Bogan Corporation

Jayman, that's cheating, and I don't cheat systems often. I did it properly by myself by setting up a few auto repairs and stores, so all is good. Well 

Bogan Corporation

23.05.2017, 13:56

Last time edited : 23.05.2017, 13:57

XDCD
Five years with Virtonomics
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

xcrusader010
Jayman, that's cheating, and I don't cheat systems often. I did it properly by myself by setting up a few auto repairs and stores, so all is good. Well

Don't think that's considered cheating, it's just a result of the bad measurements used in this game, consolidating the cashpile but nothing else is quite odd. Anyway the cash received from issuing bonds are also considered 'turnover' in this game. I roll! 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Financial Report and Store Behavior

• Page: