Create your dream company and become a tycoon!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Things I've learned, after playing 20 odd days (contest of managers, investing into raw materials, semi-products and technologies)

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Voting:  

Was this helpful?(will give me some motivation to share my experience :) )

Voting duration:

Start: 13.04.2017, 13:25

End date: Not specified

Voting continues
- Get out...

- Si, Yes, Да, Так, Oui, Ja etc.

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 13.04.2017, 13:25

Last time edited : 13.04.2017, 14:12

jack.gladunyak
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Guesswho PLC

Hi there,

As I said in the title I have only played just over 2 weeks (I've played before and always either failed or gave up to this is my 5th attempt) and during this time I've had millions of questions. Some of these have been answered perfectly in the forums (thanks for that), otheres tho took quite a bit of exploring and in this post I wanted to share what I have found out!

First of all, contest of managers - the first time in the game you get to show your self in the virtonomics world. Many categorries to be successful in which is hard to achieve. Profitable stores you can achieve from reading some other posts in tutorials, so that shouldnt be a problem (just a hint, look for a high profit margin, otherwise you will can be seeing $20,000 profit from 1-2 or even 3 million revenues). Choose your products wisely and you will make easy cash.

Second thing is the servise sector and while in the forums you may find that it is incredibly hard to make any of them profitable I will tell you its more than achievable. I have been trying out my self in 2 types of servise sectors - car repair store and hair salon. I must admit, hair salon went to **** and I havent been able to make it profitable and here is why. Even though my equipment is super high quality which makes the salon very popular, my qualification allows me to hire only 1 worker worthy this equipment. Therefore, instead of achieving 100+ sales, I only get 3... Noting to imitate here Not so on the contrary, my auto repair servises have brought my company nearly 3 million in total revenue which has put me on first place in the contest. What I have done was taken medium quality equipment (around 14), placed it in the smallest size subdivision in a city with no car workshops, hired my minions and (this is very important) at the opening, purchaised a full advertisement package (all 5). Now, while spending 700K on add may seem pricy in the beginning, after you've done that and switched the add off completely on the next turn, you wont need to worry about your attendance for a while.

Third thing is brand: If you've accepted your uncle's gift, then you will have received some sort of factory. Use it! Make and sell those things, either in your own stores or sell them in bulk to someone if your price is low enough to be competitive. In the beginnig it will only bring you only a few grand of profit (thats if you do make money which you could struggle to achieve). Make sure you buy some proper quality materials (at required level), train your workers to reduce salary and buy solar panels perk to reduce your energy costs (if you use a factory). Now the brand section is easy to achieve, just find a few cities in your region with the cheapest add costs and advertise your product there. You wont have to do much to maintain it, just a 25-30k per turn in each city wont harm your overall performance. So-so

Hope you enjoyed reading,
Good luck taking over the world

• Page:
Message list:  

13.04.2017, 17:25

aleister.wright
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health

Great post!

What type of car repair are you running? ( i can not find itWell

As a fellow newbie I would like to add that restaurant bussiness, despite high prime and equipment cost is the way to go. It is very profitable if you research the city market a little bit.

On the other hand breeding bussiness is going very, very bad. prime costs are crazy and selling prices for cows are suprisingly low. I really wonder how breeding can be profitable..:

And also, another tricky thing regarding stores, obsolete goods. Omg, I bought a bunch of this god forsaken items due to ridicolous avg market prices. It was only later that I found out that items are on obsolete list which apparently means that they will not sell, ever.? Very we!

Good luck everyone! 

13.04.2017, 18:16

Viraxje
Six years with Virtonomics
Elm Leaning Tower Portugal soccer ball Masquerade wig Jubilee Ten Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Wild beehive The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Eight years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Viraxje Ltd.
m:
Viraxje Industries

Fun read! 

13.04.2017, 20:33

jack.gladunyak
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Guesswho PLC

Hey Aleister,

I've found that "Basic car repair service", worked best for me! It seems that for others that market raw materials are extremely high so it doesnt seem it will be profitable what so ever. However, basic car repair store has great siuppliers for newbies like us ;) Fausov&Suns sells enough engine oil for a small service (500 items) and of great quality, others may seem more expencive but I've found that NPCs will still use your servises even if you double the price of your raw materials! I'm selling at 6k which is a little over double, but there is another firm in the city which set its price at 700K (It is surprised ???) and it seems to work for him, so i guess it all comes down to the amount of money you are willing to bash into your service sector.

As for the restaurants, I am not really sure! In theory, they should work similarly to the car repair service, but I've found that its incredibly hard to make profitable! I'm trying to get my gf to play, to make it more fun and the two of us spent over a week trying to get at least something out of it (spoiler, we got just over 19k profit, which seems to be enough for her to win that part of the contest but really doesnt seem to be worth the money or time tbh).

The obsolete goods are a real buzz killer too! I though I found this perfect item to sell - cars. Costs smth like 20,000 and has a market price of 5 million average, it seemed all good and fun until i bought like 20 odd of them in the very begining and didnt manage to sell one... Pancake

I dont know how up to date this info will be when you read it but you should always check (for the servises) that the city you are going for has no competitors in your field. Otherwise, good luck making money ;)

Fly high butterfly 
Good luck taking over the world

14.04.2017, 08:20

Last time edited : 14.04.2017, 08:21

xcrusader010
One year with Virtonomics
Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
Bogan Corporation

Great to see you so enthusiastic about this great game. When I first started out, it was tough, but help from experienced players helps a lot, but the most important thing to be successful is to be patient, and invest a lot of time into this game. I spent a long, long time looking at the market and macroeconomics, noting down high wealth cities, and whether the competition for certain enterprises are next to none. Spending 3 hours per day and taking me well past midnight, I tried my best to memorize every single country's regions, with the best wealth.

It seemed daunting at first, and thought my "Mentor" (ahem gorchilo) was crazy, but afterwards I opened up a car repair service earning me x100 more cash than my best store, and opened a new store that earned half a billion dollars or more.

Also, a great thing about a mentor is that they will buy your bonds, so you get a $5bil headstart (Cheers mate To you)

So, moral of the story is: Get a mentor! And spend a day researching markets & forums. Cheerfully 
-------------------------------

Bogan Corporation

Special thanks to Gorchilo

14.04.2017, 18:59

XDCD
Five years with Virtonomics
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

Great stuff, keep it up Well

PS. Like crusader said, bonds can be helpful but make sure you don't give out too many otherwise you might not be able to pay them back. 

14.04.2017, 19:43

Gorchilo
Jubilee Ten Jubilee Ten The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Mathematic teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Silver Ten The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
ZZZ

Selling bonds is sword with 2 edges , if you didn't learn to play and you don't know how to use money you get you will bankrupt for sure...

If you learn to play and you know where to make huge profit but you can't because you don't have money to invest then bonds are real deal ..

It didn't pass much since i started and before i issue bonds i found at least 5-6 ways to earn huge $$ and after few days i triple money i get so interest is not so important as to have idea where you can earn a lot and for that you need to spend more time on researching then on playing .. 

22.04.2017, 02:41.     Subject: Lab Obsession

Last time edited : 22.04.2017, 02:42

jack.gladunyak
m:
Guesswho PLC

So today I realised that I'm becoming a little obsessed with Laboratories cause I've spent close to 50 mil on buying labs and lab equipment Eyes in a heap Is this normal? Well the virtoelders will be the judges of that, but here is my view on researches and how incredibly important that is for YOUR progress in the game Has bothered

So not so long ago, I was watching one of the tutorials some Russian player made regarding his obsession with farms (he had over 300 of them, compared to him my Labs arent even a hobby), anyways what he said was that you can use the independent suppliers to earn a ton of profit. First i thought, yea maybe, you will need to train your employees for 4000 years till their wages can be $0.01 and you can earn money by the volume of crappy quality sales. Afterwards tho (and some of you will probably think that I'm a little slow in the head), nearly a month into the game I realised that if you, for example in textile, use fabric quality 8.1, with technology level 6 or higher, your t-shirts will have higher quality than 8.1! Yes This means that if you use an independent supplier and their crappy 1.0 q, eventually you can achieve final quality of 10 and even higher without spending a dime So-so So the moral of this paragraph, is don't be a fool and start early, get your self a bunch of labs and create your own supply starting all the way from independent suppliers. Your future self will thank you for that So-so (alternatively, if you are made out of money, you can just buy techs and save your self a lot of time)

Second thing is the contest of managers, mining category... I think the problem with that part of the contest is its name, "Raw materials". During the first 2 weeks, when I was still starting i really wanted to win the contest and get the green quintuplets in my achievements Heart (this forum really needs a hearteyed face Again). Reading raw materials in the title, i decide to spend my real money and get my self a plantation. Exciting, huh? NAT, it doesnt count! To participate in this challenge you need to spend your money on something that isnt renewable, which is a mine! Facepalm, so disappointing Not so (P.S. still donated more money and got a mine, look at me now Ridiculously )

Peace, I'm out

(P.S. if there is anyone who wants to support my love for science, i'd really appreciate Lab eqipment q 10 or higher and cheaper than lien market To wink

22.04.2017, 02:45

jack.gladunyak
m:
Guesswho PLC

Regarding bonds, I have looked into it and it seems a pretty risky business, I can release the largest bond with my amount of assets, but my turnover wont be able to support it. Plus I really dont want to rush with opening an exessive amount of sub-divisions (which probably doesnt seem like it by my previous post Very we! ), cause I dont want to mess up on top-manager's qualification 

22.04.2017, 16:14

Gorchilo
Jubilee Ten Jubilee Ten The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Mathematic teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Silver Ten The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
ZZZ

Independent suppliers are good for some products but in most cases they are wasting of workers ..

You need to be able to use tech 35  to make product q 10+ with q1 raw (without bonuses)
So we talk here about qualification over 200 Well 

22.04.2017, 16:43

jack.gladunyak
m:
Guesswho PLC

Gorchilo,
doesn't the quality improve with longer production chains? For example, I will use wool level 5 in weaving meal, get fabric level 6-7, use that in a clothing factory and get level 8-9 products? I mean if I find my self enough tenders and win enough competitions to save up for an agricultural farm it would obviously help my quality a lot but I see 0.00 point of spending $100+ real money on a game Very we! and noone seems to be willing to give away free grain of higher quality Very we! Plus I mean I can always find a market for poor quality products or throw a bunch of money into product advertisements to improve my chances 

22.04.2017, 19:34

xcrusader010
Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
Bogan Corporation

Why don't you look into other areas of interest, instead of picking the lowest quality, lowest profit produce?

If you go to the technology page in your subdivision, you'd be able to see the recommended qualification level for each tech level, I'm pretty sure if you go over your limit you'll lose efficiency... Gorchilo said you'd need qualification over 200, so perhaps you could find a hobby that makes money, instead of a hobby that wastes money

(technology costs a lot to make Tears)

Then again, I play on Mary, so I don't know that much about Lien. To you 
-------------------------------

Bogan Corporation

23.04.2017, 00:03

Gorchilo
n:
ZZZ

Jack point is why to use low quality raw to make cheap low quality products and make low profit when you can earn a lot more if you use good quality raw from other players to make good quality products and sale them for higher profit ?

Let's say you use raw for 1$ to make something q4 to sale it for 1000$ so on 1000 products you will make profit 1 mil
If you can make quality 16 with prime cost 500$ you will earn more with same number of workers ..

But for some products it is not profitable to buy mine to have higher quality of raw for production and then you must to use quality 1 raw to make product like  Chemicals or Steel ... 

23.04.2017, 12:06

jack.gladunyak
m:
Guesswho PLC

Oh, no of course! I am sourcing most of my raw materials from other players! All I was saying was that with a long production line, high technology level (according to your qualification obviously), it is possible to be independent! Well 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Things I've learned, after playing 20 odd days (contest of managers, investing into raw materials, semi-products and technologies)

• Page: