Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Equipment Too High for Stupid Manager

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 5.03.2017, 16:43

Last time edited : 5.03.2017, 16:44

FelixSylvaris

Hi,
Old problem. It seems that everyone has it, so maybe there could be some tooltip explaining it better:

Managing skill 1
Office 1st 10 workers with equipment 4.4
Office 2nd 1 worker with equipment 1.0

What should i do?
Should i just delete second office?
Or use equipment of class 1?

If my office efficiency is 44% is that super bad or it will raise soon?    

• Page:
Message list:  

5.03.2017, 18:44

Last time edited : 5.03.2017, 18:47

xcrusader010
One year with Virtonomics
Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
Bogan Corporation

G'day, Felix. Well

Welcome to the game, I hope you have heaps of fun with this game. The beginning stages of Virtonomics are the toughest, so at the bottom are some bookmarked pages that have helped me a lot (hours and days of painful research and help).

Firstly, to answer your main question: It would be very helpful if you posted a screenshot of copy-pasted the office forecast, also to tell us what ream it is on.

According to a few hundred sources (late night research), your best bet would be to reduce the equipment quality of your first office to Q 1, and hiring the number of employees required. This will reduce strain on your top manager, thus (hopefully) increase your work efficiency to 100%. If not, then try reducing the workload. The more subdivisions you have under one office, the higher the workload. Same goes for advertising.

Once you have everything 100%, it would be wise to install XioScript. This will not only give you advanced options (won't need them at the moment), but also display the Top1 and Top3 optimization. It gives the highest qualification growth if you follow the Xio advice correctly.

noglues5
Top1 - How much Top Manager qualification needed to manage the current settings (current staff number and qualification) in a single subdivision
Top2 - How much Top Manager qualification needed to manage the required settings (required staff number and qualification) in a single subdivision
Top3 - total number of staff for the whole company

I know, it took me a few times to understand it... You're better off installing the XioScript, then reading all that top1 stuff.

Guides/Tables

Top Manager ideal growth table: https://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/106087/view ...
Qualification growth, how does it work? https://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/13/topic/101016/view ...

Scripts

XioScript: https://github.com/XiozZe/XioScript/blob/master/XS12.user.js ...

That should be it. I'm only a month or so old, so it's likely I missed something out, but the links are there. Bookmark 'em. ;)

------------- 
Regards,

Bogan Corporation

5.03.2017, 21:27

FelixSylvaris

Thx.
It seems that initial Office limit is M1 8workers M2 20workers M3 36workers
There is a chance that even with penalty you will reach M2 skill, but i do not dare to test it.
The main trap is if we start new game and instantly recruit max factories output.
So everything better take slow and dont rush too much unless we really know what to do. 

6.03.2017, 01:14

Last time edited : 6.03.2017, 03:16

xcrusader010
Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
Bogan Corporation

Focus on optimising top1 and top3. Get your store up and running, order new items for all the stores, maximise top1 and top3 for your factories. Use the script, it really does help by showing you the maximum number of employees you can have, and what quality to target.

When I first started out, factories didn't work well in terms of profit, so I opened a couple of stores, filled 'em up, and started gaining profit. That's probably what you should do, but careful - don't use too many departments in your store, it may use up too many employees. The best thing to do is to experiment.

Good luck. Cheerfully

[Edited, it didn't send the whole message through] 
----------------------------

Bogan Corporation

6.03.2017, 04:14

FelixSylvaris

Funny thing, i also get the idea that retail is the future.
Open two more shops, possibly in some more developed country.
In worse case scenerio can send my goods to my retail shop.
So far trying two strategies:
Electro network with my usb and music stuff
Grocery and Foodstuff with all kind of alochol.

Probably will not go futher than 2 departments. 

6.03.2017, 05:26

Last time edited : 6.03.2017, 05:27

xcrusader010
m:
Bogan Corporation

Remember to do advertising, and the service level. At the moment, I don't think it's important to get the service level to Elite status, but so long as it's above average, I think you'll be alright. I'm sure you know most of the basics of the store, just shout if you need help. Well 
-------------------------------

Bogan Corporation

6.03.2017, 15:49

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Love thread title Very we! 

7.03.2017, 02:30

FelixSylvaris

managment problems could really take us by suprise since there is no tooltip how many workers we can have, and it is easy to overdo with equipment or employee skilllevel. And if we got TopManager efficiency down that is total disaster. There is also some quest bonus which could also disappear if we not track it.

Some question:
What is best to spend my free points off? I was thinking about jumping my managment skill from 7 to 10 just to be safe on that front.

Second question: Any tips for being retail shark? I was thinking about clothes&electronics or grocery&foodstuff. 

7.03.2017, 04:02

xcrusader010
m:
Bogan Corporation

FelixSylvaris
...there is no tooltip how many workers we can have, and it is easy to overdo with equipment or employee skilllevel.

That's why I recommend the XioScript. I'm sorry that I left out the plugin needed to run the script on your browser, itwas a late night:

Plugin for Mozilla Firefox

For Chrome and Opera

This will show you your top1 and top3 limits, as well as the targets for best optimization of qualification increase.

Your first question about points spending: You can easily get to management level 10. I spent my points to get from 6 to 9, but I realised it was not necessary to win the contest of managers. Just optimize top1 and top3 with the scripts and you should be good.

Second question about retail shark, not sure what a retail shark is To you

See ya! 
-------------------------------

Bogan Corporation

7.03.2017, 19:29

FelixSylvaris

I instaled the script. Was suspicious at first to install anything, but gave it a try. It is a bit simplier now.
Still need to learn what to do manually before ordering script to do it (to not gave wrong orders)
But it is simplier with Stupid Top Manager and that is big deal.

Retail Shark - like Loan Shark, someone who really abuse market for own benefit with no regard to anything.
Was curious about some tips for good commerce practice.

So far it seems that it is better to not charge head on US or Europe, to high local quality. Also other players have their share in market. But some second rate markets like Poland or Argentina could have some spot. 

8.03.2017, 17:54

FelixSylvaris

Important lessons: Dont build new factories in your starting region. It is easy to miscalculate office workload and you will get low office for your new one, and every other. The sole existence of facility put presure on office. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Equipment Too High for Stupid Manager

• Page: