Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Office Workload

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 11.01.2017, 04:26

Crusader010

I really am stumped. I've tried all I could to get the workload level to 100%, including tinkering with the employee salaries, getting better equipment, getting worse equipment, underpaying employees...

https://gyazo.com/6c7ce62aeae29b89e27dd05701bfbb63

This is my office forecast. I looked in a lot of places for an answer, but haven't found any. How do I increase the workload?   

• Page:
Message list:  

11.01.2017, 05:27

Gorchilo
Jubilee Ten Jubilee Ten The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Mathematic teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Silver Ten The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
ZZZ

subdivisions under that office make workload
more subdivisions = more workload
but if workload is over 100% office eff drop so you don't want to have to much subdivisions under 1 office
best to keep under 80%
stores , warehouse , service subdivisions and advertising rise it the most so don't put too much of them in 1 region 

11.01.2017, 13:42.     Subject: Workload

Crusader010

Thanks for your reply. I think I understand - I should put more subdivisions in, but not too many, right? I'll try that in this next update. Cheerfully 

11.01.2017, 13:56

Last time edited : 11.01.2017, 14:00

Viraxje
Six years with Virtonomics
Elm Leaning Tower Portugal soccer ball Masquerade wig Jubilee Ten Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Wild beehive The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Eight years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Viraxje Ltd.
m:
Viraxje Industries

No, workload is not something you want to see at 100%.
There are 2 variables which limit the amount of subdivisions an office is able to control: Required employees & Workload.
Having a higher workload does not offer any benefits for your company. (directly, indirectly see what falls under workload)

Required employees -> Has to do with the number and size of the subdivisions which are under control of the office
Workload -> Has to do with what happens inside these subdivisions that put the office to work : # of employees, advertising, filled warehouses, advertising in the office itself etc

In short ;  there's nothing wrong with your office it's beautiful! Ridiculously 

11.01.2017, 18:45

Gorchilo
Jubilee Ten Jubilee Ten The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Mathematic teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Silver Ten The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
ZZZ

Crusader010
Thanks for your reply. I think I understand - I should put more subdivisions in, but not too many, right? I'll try that in this next update. Cheerfully

Yes and count that in time you will hire more workers in that subdivisions since you will upgrade them so in start better go to several small office then to few large and use script will me 10 time easier to set subdivisions to work 100% eff 

12.01.2017, 07:13

Last time edited : 12.01.2017, 07:13

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

Good safety factor means you are able to manage more workers. Hiring more workers in your office until you see minimum safety factor will cause your qualification to grow faster. Increasing workload won't help you at all. 

12.01.2017, 07:57.     Subject: Workload

Crusader010

But, for example, when my workload gets down to 10%... The grocery store efficiency drops to 10% - Even though everything is set properly, including employee qualification.

I know you're a more experienced player than me, but I don't see how the workload doesn't matter if all my subdivisions' efficiency drops to 10%.

Viraxje, I understand. I just have to expand on my existing subdivisions. I've been testing a few strategies out over the past few days, concerning workload, and I'm getting better. Thanks for your input!

Thanks for taking the time to answer, everyone. I have another question:

I had restarted my company just the other day, and I'm pretty confident in it. I can't wait until tomorrow, to see the profit.. But there is one problem.

I'm not getting daily bonuses? Why am I not getting my bonuses, such as the 3 points, and millions of dollars?

Cheers! 

15.01.2017, 17:06

MrDuckets

Crusader010
But, for example, when my workload gets down to 10%... The grocery store efficiency drops to 10% - Even though everything is set properly, including employee qualification.

I know you're a more experienced player than me, but I don't see how the workload doesn't matter if all my subdivisions' efficiency drops to 10%.

I am struggling with the same issue. Yesterday my office efficiency  was 100% but workload was 70% so it crippled my offices effect on my manufacturing and stores (to the 70% level) . So, I added 100 more manufacturing  jobs figuring it would help with office workload... Today my office workload is 11%. And now all my manufacturing and stores are at 11%....I don't get it at all.

Its like the game is saying "you're office staff are super great at their job of managing your workers (100% efficiency) , thus your office staff doesn't have much work to do (11% workload) , thus all areas of the rest of your business will suffer (11% cap on store and manufacturing efficiency) ." it makes zero sense.  And the fact that the wiki doesn't even seem to understand this relationship either is highly disappointing, as any information in the wiki on workload basically says "it's  really a mystery what 'workload' means and how to influence it. Our best guess is create more work for your office." Gee. Thanks for the tip. 

15.01.2017, 19:08

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

There was an old post by Diska that explained these things very clearly, I am lazy to google it for you. If you didn't find it, reread what Viraxje and others said.

P.S: Workload does not seem to be the reason behind the drop of efficiency in your subdivisions. You say it was 70% and then (miraculously) dropped to 11%. Any workload bellow 100% is OK. Seek the root of inefficiencies somewhere else, i.e number of computers/employees and their qualities. 
IT'S JUST BUSINESS!

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Office Workload

• Page: