Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Newbie Question: How Power works Here

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 21.12.2016, 23:11

jd.valeriom
Five years with Virtonomics
l:
VM Corp
m:
VM Corp

Hi all, I started playing a few weeks ago and I still don't understand some aspects of the game, power is one of them.

Concern came to me when I was in the office stats and push energy consumption, I see there is a number of MWH under a city's name an amount really close to the one a factory of mine is consuming and a couple of questions arised, which I did not find the answer to in the tutorials.

Does this mean that number is the total amount of energy the city grid will provide me for a subdivision?

Will I have to produce my own energy?

Can I build a power plant and sell energy to the city?

I always see the energy consumption and prices popup on the macro analysis but never really put any attention to it. Sorry if I made some grammar mistakes english is not my first language.

Thanks.   

• Page:
Message list:  

22.12.2016, 13:20

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

I think the energy under the cities name is if multiple sources where supplying you.

No, you don't have to produce your own power, the game will always provide you with enough. The day they remove this is literally the day the game goes to hell...

Yes you can, just don't expect any money from it... The cost of introducing even a tech 1 power plant is a huge turn off. Not to mention you'll need to buy either a oil well or a coal mine if you choose that route, incinerators are not profitable unless you put hard work into them.

Plus check out the power tariffs of the region in question under macroeconomics

Example:
https://virtonomics.com/mary/main/geo/tariff/423500 ...
This is where my only factory in Mary is running. Power there is dirt cheap and wouldn't be worth building a plant of any type.

And lastly here's my topic about power plants
https://virtonomics.com/lien/forum/forum_new/13/topic/105821/view ...  

22.12.2016, 16:06

Last time edited : 22.12.2016, 16:06

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

jd.valeriom
Can I build a power plant and sell energy to the city?
Yes. Some information you may need:
Energy production and ecology
Fuel industry

Incinerators come with only one socket that matches city grid's plug, and perhaps not best choice to start with. Oil and this new solar thingy that provide options for sales to region and company private grids, perhaps, are best. 
IT'S JUST BUSINESS!

22.12.2016, 19:01

jd.valeriom
l:
VM Corp
m:
VM Corp

Excellent thank you very much guys, I don't have to worry anymore Very we!. But im off to market research, the new solar power plants sounds interesting. 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Newbie Question: How Power works Here

• Page: