Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Taxes are wrong?

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 27.07.2017, 20:51

edavies8

Why is the simulator charging me taxes on a percentage of sales? Corporate taxes are paid on profits, not revenue. If this is a sales tax, the customer pays the sales tax not the company. Just Saying!   

• Page:
Message list:  

6.08.2017, 15:42

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

True but if you over buy that would be clearly stated in both the balance sheet and the trade hall sections. What I saw on the 2 units they had for sale was a excessive advertising cost compared to what it really should be.

The reason why I have a example of said situation is due to stock running out on over half of the products, only thing keeping it afloat are grapes and sugar.

I find this game lacks many aspects of corporate life including long term contracts that can't be backed out (giving quality and quantity for the client and guaranteed income for the seller). Nor does it have payment plans 30 days or aka 4 game updates.

Truth be told where I've worked tho next to what I just said the game actually functions fine with inventory. I'm actually dealing with something like what you stated irl the GM understands but the owner flipped out... One month low/no profit due to purchases or bill out dates/payments, while the next is incredibly high. To fix this maybe on the main page of the unit display the monthly tally like it does on the balance sheet page because even their units showed a profit then. 

26.08.2017, 00:50

Geniticer
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Single corporate chevron Six years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics Top Technologist Norway retail leader Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Geniticer Incorporated
n:
G Invest
m:
Geniticer International

Well i think he means that the taxation should be your Net profit after all costs then the tax instead off the calculation off goods bought price and resale price,

so : Revenue Minus (total Goods bought, everthing essential costs(salary, rent, etc)

Instead:
off the Taxation based on profit off goods  sold even tho you bought more than you sold so you ending up going Negative before the taxation comes and slaps you in the face even more. and that even when you didn't go positive in the first place so i do know what he means.

Btw, message to thread starter. I've never had any problems with the taxations before but it isn't like other similar games  with their Much more detailed off Income Statements pages, but it is viable if you kinda know how to atleast not go overboard with investments in the early stages of Qualifications levels. There aren't anything to complain about. Just start small and grow slowly. The taxation could seem weird but it is just simplified for you so you don't need to read a 500 word essay/1 whole page kinda off Income statements.

i probably messed up but you may understand it. 
NOR - player

29.08.2017, 13:02

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

I know what they want but doing so would cause tax evasion... And unlike the real world tax evasion here takes away from actual players companies, which could lead to even less players...

Basically all you need to do is buy x number of expensive units to go into the red, multiply by 2 (can be cheap items sold insanely high), ship back to warehouse, repeat.

In the real world a lot of paces do permit 0 corporate tax if you're in the red, for example where I live I think companies can make a 30k profit a year (owner can't increase their salary to avoid taxes every year, they can however withdraw from profits to recover startup/losses) before paying any corporate tax. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Taxes are wrong?

• Page: