Create your dream company and become a tycoon!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> New unit sizes

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 22.05.2017, 15:52

Last time edited : 30.11.2017, 16:44

diska
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Beauty set King of the Fields Citronom Virtonomics Philanthropist 1st class Shagreen, VII-XV places Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Planter
Holmes Pipe Dynamite Belgian chevron Jewelry Loupe Beauty set Perfume Dentist Sicilian olive
Italy Gold Italy Gold Shagreen, VII-XV places Six years with Virtonomics Fishing Pro Princely mansion Planter Landowner
Miner Helmet Award for helping other players
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Jewelry Loupe Beauty set King of the Fields King of the Fields Golden hook Golden hook Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Magical bonsai MBA diploma
One year with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Bronze bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian silver coin
l:
cnJDS
n:
Flaj Cokotlaj
m:
JDS
a:
Anna Ltd.

In accordance with the voting, today, May 22, added new sizes for the following types of units:

Warehouse - increased 10 and 100 times
Apiary - increased 100 times
Mill - increased 100 times
Electronic components factory - increased 5 times
Vegetable processing plant - increased 4 times   

• Page:
Message list:  

22.05.2017, 17:13

Last time edited : 22.05.2017, 17:22

xcrusader010
Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
Bogan Corporation

Very nice, very nice! I love the large sizes of subdivisions. Perhaps this time the focus is on developing the game, not milking people's cash reserve----

Until I realised.

Seeeeeeeriously?
I can understand 60 updates, I've seen subdivisions go that high, but I really don't think it will take 2.2 years to build an apiary...

All right, maybe it does. But why not have sizes in between? This, paired with the all-new points for instant building feature, is just silly. I wouldn't mind it if it took that long to build, but we'd have smaller apiaries (Larger than 250 beehives) to play around with, that take a month to build.

I don't know. It seems like this game is trying to go paid-only again. I think the developers are gonna shoot themselves in the foot soon, it's just a matter of time.

Perhaps it's just me being over-critical, maybe I should let things slide, but the thing that gets me is that we're not being answered. So many suggestions in the forums about the game - not a single moderator or staff member to acknowledge that we exist.

p.s. Can't get the width/height of the image to work, so I just left it like that. Sorry to people with OCD. :L 
-------------------------------

Bogan Corporation

22.05.2017, 17:30

Last time edited : 22.05.2017, 17:44

XDCD
Five years with Virtonomics
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

115 weeks to expand the apiary, haha.
Those extremely long building times go along pretty well with the update from 16-05-2017 I roll!

https://virtonomica.ru/vera/forum/forum_new/11/topic/105887/view/m:100217653/#100217653 ...
diska
Added the ability to instant build / expand businesses for gaming points.

22.05.2017, 18:10

Gorchilo
Jubilee Ten Jubilee Ten The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Mathematic teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Silver Ten The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
ZZZ

I will not comment this Eyes in a heap 

22.05.2017, 21:25

kw2585
Eleven years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Taniocha&Tandeta

Great improvement, well done!

Although I'm going to agree with the gentlemen above, that the building times are somewhat too long. Additional mid-scale sizes of enterprices could indeed be nice, because the new ones are too far ahead of their predecessors, the leap forward is just too big. 

23.05.2017, 10:17

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

xcrusader010

Perhaps it's just me being over-critical, maybe I should let things slide, but the thing that gets me is that we're not being answered. So many suggestions in the forums about the game - not a single moderator or staff member to acknowledge that we exist.

I felt the same way at some point. Then we tried the following: let's make a list of some "priority" suggestions. Let's try to get at least 10 "+"'s for them. Then we can contact Diska to get his view on the suggestions. To my recollection, we never even got to 1 suggestion with 10 "+"'s...

What I'm trying to say is: all of us should also take a look in the mirror. Whenever I make a suggestion, obviously, I feel like it's a great idea. But if it were so great, why don't at least 10 people "like" it? If this community does not even 10 bother to click +, why should admin bother with these proposals that obviously doesn't interest the vast majority of players.

So: 2 messages here:
1. any of our suggestions just isn't half as good as we think when we post it
2. we need to get off our lazy butts and click the "+" button whenever we see a proposal that we do like! 

23.05.2017, 11:08

Last time edited : 23.05.2017, 11:10

xcrusader010
Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
Bogan Corporation

JustNash, every single suggestion is valuable and is a good idea, whether someone reaches 10 likes or not. I do read a lot of suggestions, but only like one or two because sometimes I can't be bothered liking everything as if it's facebook. Not to mention the fact that there is not a massive player base...

As a former administrator of a forum, I try to answer a lot of topics. Can't do it too many times or it will look wrong, but I never used to ignore people. Unsurprisingly, people used the forums a lot more often because they are getting responses. Being a developer or moderator is no different - they still hold a lot of power in a forum/game!

Ignoring people is what killed the game I was working for, when the big players stopped spending big bucks and suddenly they could not support themselves. Instead of working on new ideas for non-paying players, as I told them a few times, they milked the big players until they dropped off.

Sound familiar? 

Bogan Corporation

23.05.2017, 13:20

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

xcrusader010
JustNash, every single suggestion is valuable and is a good idea, whether someone reaches 10 likes or not. I do read a lot of suggestions, but only like one or two because sometimes I can't be bothered liking everything as if it's facebook. Not to mention the fact that there is not a massive player base...

Of course, every single player and every single suggestion are valuable. All I'm saying is: with hardly any response to them from other players, I don't blame diska for not responding either. You do and that's fine: it's ok to have different opinions :-)

xcrusader010
As a former administrator of a forum, I try to answer a lot of topics. Can't do it too many times or it will look wrong, but I never used to ignore people. Unsurprisingly, people used the forums a lot more often because they are getting responses. Being a developer or moderator is no different - they still hold a lot of power in a forum/game!

they have tried with more actively moderating the forum. None of these attempts have resulted in a forum that was more active than it is now. At least, that's my sentiment, I don't have hard facts on posts/day :-)

xcrusader010
Ignoring people is what killed the game I was working for, when the big players stopped spending big bucks and suddenly they could not support themselves. Instead of working on new ideas for non-paying players, as I told them a few times, they milked the big players until they dropped off.

Sound familiar?

you can find some research on this forum that suggests that this type of game survives on "whales", a handful of players that pay big money. It sure won't survive on non-paying players. Too many ads would also kill the experience, and I really don't see any other source of income from non-paying players. So, the non-paying players' importance is mainly driving the whales to forke up more dough :-)
I'm putting it this harshly because this isn't a charity. The guys that own this game run it to make money off it. That means they have to walk a tight rope and balance between generating revenue and keeping a significant player base (because that's the base for revenue). From where I'm sitting, they're doing an excellent job. It'd be crazy of me to say the opposite, given the time I spend here :-) I don't mind that they make some money off people that are so impatient of their new building that they're willing to pay real$ to have it immediately. Or that they invent sales of bonus items that bring them several 100$. It pays their bills, and imo the more they can make on a regular basis, the higher the value of their company, the more they'll do their best at looking after its future and the more means they'll have to come up with new stuff. Some suggest that user numbers are dropping fast. How can we tell? They have all the numbers to base decisions on. They know how many people log in, how many page views, who spends what amount of money, ... THey have all the information they need to do their job. From all my experience in this game, I trust they're quite good at what they do. Even if - obviously - I'm not always happy with what they do. Especially if they fail to give me 10 free game points every time I log in Well 

23.05.2017, 14:09

xcrusader010
m:
Bogan Corporation

The more people that play the game, the more people are willing to spend to keep up with the flow, to fast track their way to the top. They will become involved with the community, more products will be on sale, more competition means more play time, and that means bonus points will be worth $1, and be sold for $1. Right now, they are worth 5c, and are being sold for $1 each because that point will not get you far up the ladder.

Like I said, the game I was administrating was not updating the game properly. They focused on the so-called "whales" and as soon as they got bored of not getting anything new, and also being alone in their whale world, they quit or found similar games. The game went under and actually shut down.

If they focused on investing money into the free-to-play side, they will see a high return. It will cost a bit of money in the start, but soon, people will want to spend a little bit of cash each to get above each other. Soon, it will stack up.

So, to say you can't see any income from non-payers is ridiculous. Players aren't stupid. When there are so many new players, it's in their nature to think "Ah, the game is growing. If I do not get a move on with my company/account, I will fall behind". Right now, I'm honestly lazy with my company. I'm in relatively high spots on the leaderboard, and I am only a few months old...

JustNash
...this isn't a charity. The guys that own this game run it to make money off it. That means they have to walk a tight rope and balance between generating revenue and keeping a significant player base (because that's the base for revenue).

That's what my manager thought. He shut the game down soon after it died.

JustNash
Or that they invent sales of bonus items that bring them several 100$. It pays their bills, and imo the more they can make on a regular basis, the higher the value of their company, the more they'll do their best at looking after its future and the more means they'll have to come up with new stuff.

They "Invent" sales that bring them a tonne of cash... Tell me if I'm wrong, but that seems just greedy. I've seen about 200 of them this year. The whales eat them up.. Not even sure why, but ok. It's what they did to the game I was in, too. Instead of focusing on the players, they focused on the milking of "whales". I'm not saying this game will die, because it recovered once before - just like my game. But, there are so many times you can restart a heart with a defib. One day, it will get shut down, if the management team don't know what they are doing.
'
JustNash
Some suggest that user numbers are dropping fast. How can we tell? They have all the numbers to base decisions on.

I don't think they are necessarily dropping. I do think however it is not growing, at least not fast, especially with the silly updates that are being released. There are only so many times I can say "Like in the game I administrated..." but it's true: The management team there and the management team of Virtonomics are not dissimilar. I can only speak from experience. I had the numbers, I knew we had to act before it crashes, but the manager was not listening.

JustNash
I trust they're quite good at what they do. Even if - obviously - I'm not always happy with what they do.

I also trust the bank robber that they are good at what they do, even if I'm not happy with it. These people are excellent at squeezing the last drop out of the players.

So, I love this game. It's a great creation, and well designed. It has a lot of potential, but step one of any online game, above all, is communication. 

Bogan Corporation

23.05.2017, 14:24

Last time edited : 23.05.2017, 14:28

XDCD
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

Just FYI, someone on the russian forums did some research on active player numbers and how long they've been playing.
Google translate doesn't work on charts so not sure about the colour index Not so
https://virtonomica.ru/vera/forum/forum_new/11/topic/130464/view ...

But seems like there are ~300 players on Mary, of which very few 'new' players (red/yellow in charts I assume?).
On Lien there are ~600 players, with a little more 'new' players, but the numbers are still quite low in my opinion. 

23.05.2017, 19:50

kw2585
Eleven years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Taniocha&Tandeta

... Which is why you can never get 10 likes - there's not enough players around! Look, this very topic, even though is an official announcement of changes in the game (potential to be very popular), has a grand total of... 25 views.

Which brings me to conclusion that our expectations should be scaled down to realistic possibilities, which means that a good idea is the one that has at least 3 likes, and those with 2 should probably also be considered Well 

23.05.2017, 21:36

FLP01
Six years with Virtonomics
Merit for the Italy of level III Founder of Victoria (CS) Founder of Seychelles Virtonomics Philanthropist 3rd class Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

I would appreciate it if I could have some feedback on this suggestion:

https://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/16/topic/106281/view

Thanks 

23.05.2017, 21:38

FLP01
Merit for the Italy of level III Founder of Victoria (CS) Founder of Seychelles Virtonomics Philanthropist 3rd class Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

xcrusader010, what was the game called that you used to play? 

23.05.2017, 21:56

Last time edited : 23.05.2017, 21:57

mr_Sumkin

XDCD
Just FYI, someone on the russian forums did some research on active player numbers and how long they've been playing.
Google translate doesn't work on charts so not sure about the colour index Not so
https://virtonomica.ru/vera/forum/forum_new/11/topic/130464/view ...

But seems like there are ~300 players on Mary, of which very few 'new' players (red/yellow in charts I assume?).
On Lien there are ~600 players, with a little more 'new' players, but the numbers are still quite low in my opinion.

I recommend to use this link https://virtonomica.ru/olga/forum/forum_new/11/topic/130464/view/m:100218022/#100218022 ... as here all data were filtered by turnover and thus does not contains zombie accounts.

about colors and other values:
first chart up to down colors from legend - 1month, 5month, 1year, 5years, > 5years
so if you see 1year color that means player was registered between 5month and 1year ago and was online last 2 weeks. Once or more times.
Panels of that chart left to right - turnover < 10millons, 10M-1B, >1B
so most right panel shows us real players who have good firm and turnover. They are real active players. Most left panel shows all newbees and zombie accounts with no any positive activities on them.

chart 2:
used only for verfication of chart 1. Colors means turnover like panels of chart 1. values of X are days. Y are number of players. for example 3 means that player was online 3 days during data collection. mon, fri and sun may be. thus i can realise that every players except small group of them visits the game once a week.

Other charts are not so usefull.

If any questions feel free to write me on my game mail. Here i will no see your answers. 

23.05.2017, 22:06

FLP01
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

Fascinating insight into game statistics, nice one So-so 

24.05.2017, 02:49

guiguo
Twelve years with Virtonomics
n:
Guiguo Ltd.
m:
Guiguo Ltd.

Poor anna 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> New unit sizes

• Page: