Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Odd problems encountered with completing researches

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 14.05.2017, 21:52

Hogul_Group
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Two years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
l:
C`est Chic
m:
Hogul LLC

I have recently noticed that sometimes when I research a level of technology, and it completes, it shows up in the list of self-invented technologies(as it is supposed to).

Yet when I try to research the very next level of that tech in a lab, it wants to research the very same level of tech that was already completed, even though I have clearly already researched that level of tech.

So I seem to be stuck, and cannot progress past whatever level of tech that this problem occurs at.

Any idea of what's going on?  How to clear this up?   

• Page:
Message list:  

14.05.2017, 22:40

Last time edited : 14.05.2017, 22:40

Hogul_Group
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Two years with Virtonomics
l:
C`est Chic
m:
Hogul LLC

Addendum:  I also am noticing that for some technologies that I have researched, they are not showing up in the list of researched tech - thus I am potentially unable to place any of those technologies up for sale, even if I wanted to!

On the other hand, I *can* start research at the (proper) next unresearched level (even though the researched ones are not listed in the currently researched techs list).

If others are having these types of issues, this kind of thing might just be only the tip of the iceburg:

For example -
a) what if you have a certain tech for sale, but can't access that tech in the list:  How do you cancel the sale. or change the price at which you have it up for sale (for a tech that used to display but now doesn't?)

b) are there other related errors, such as no proper credit received for techs that you have had up for sale, and sales of that tech periodically occur, but you aren't getting credited for some or any of those sales? etc, etc?  [ There would be no clue that this kind of thing was happening at all - at least not that I can see]

Hopefully some of our more experienced players can check to see if this is a recurring issue, and better know what to do about this? 

15.05.2017, 17:17

AJM_Master
Triple corporate chevron Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

Yet when I try to research the very next level of that tech in a lab, it wants to research the very same level of tech that was already completed, even though I have clearly already researched that level of tech.

Is you laboratory's at the max technology level, e.g. Lab lvl 1 = Max technology lvl 4, So it doesn't have access to tech lvl 5, So if it is that then try expanding. If not I do not know 
ajmmasterWell

15.05.2017, 17:54

Last time edited : 15.05.2017, 18:35

MoonLighter_LLC
Seven years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
l:
Mojo Industries
m:
MoonLighter

AJM - Nope, that isn't the issue here - at least, not for me.

For example, 2 turns ago I myself researched tech level 2 for one of the newer techs.  All stages completed, but when I went to research level 3, it wanted to re-research lvl 2 again!   Oh, and that tech at lvl 2 shows in the list of self-invented techs, so shouldn't level 3 tech research present itself as the next tech to research?

It's beyond me.  Note that for most techs I research, everything comes out okay.  But when and if I hit this snag, I am stuck for that tech, just like Heidi Hogul pointed out!

So far, of a couple hundred techs I have researched, this issue has affected 3 techs (that  I have discovered thus far), where I am unable to progress further.  

As for the other issue she raises - successfully researched tech and can research next level tech, but tech fails to show up in the self-invented list (thus preventing a player to sale that tech should he/she wish to do so)- that has occurred 4 times within the last 3 months for me personally.  Note how easy this is to miss, as a player will have to carefully go through each and every tech in his/her self-invented tech list to discover this particular issue.  I've only started looking hard at these issues recently because Heidi just called it to my attention, and now I am concerned myself!

For any player who has lots of labs burning through lots of various tech researches day-in and day-out, it is very easy to not notice that these issues have occurred for a particular tech or so.

That's why I wanted to post this - to confirm that Heidi isn't the only one this is happening to, and the fact that maybe this has been happening to many others - particular the vets, who, presumably, research like crazy, and have hundreds of labs going.

So everyone, check through your list of self-invented techs, and pay attention to which tech level you have completed, and which tech level presents itself as the next research. 

16.05.2017, 22:04

Last time edited : 16.05.2017, 22:37

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

Oh, and that tech at lvl 2 shows in the list of self-invented techs, so shouldn't level 3 tech research present itself as the next tech to research?

If you have multiple labs, you may inadvertently end up researching the same tech level at two labs. If you started to research lvl 2 at one lab but finished researching it at another lab then you will not be able to research the next level until you finish or remove that level from the list.

If there is a "-" to the left of the tech and an "X" to the right of it, that means you started but didn't complete research at that lab so you need to click the X to end research if you've already researched that level at another lab. After you remove it, you should be able to research the next level.

what if you have a certain tech for sale, but can't access that tech in the list:  How do you cancel the sale. or change the price at which you have it up for sale (for a tech that used to display but now doesn't?)

If you go to My Company --> Management and then Technologies --> Research, it will show you a list of every technology you researched. Just click on the level of the tech you want to sell and enter the price. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Odd problems encountered with completing researches

• Page: