Create your dream company and become a tycoon!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Bond Scammer | Mary

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 13.05.2017, 11:16

Last time edited : 2.06.2017, 23:33

XDCD
Five years with Virtonomics
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

Noticed someone scamming with bonds, can't find a way to report them so I'll just post it here.

Goku18 issued 14239 'medium term' bonds which have been fully bought by players.
He seems to have given all of his assets and cash to Zorgborg on the turn of 13-05-2017.

* Zorgborg's turnover on 13-05-2017 is equal to the loss of cash of Goku18 this turn plus he now owns all of Goku18's expensive assets.

Goku18 - https://virtonomics.com/mary/main/user/view/1205591
Zorgborg - https://virtonomics.com/mary/main/user/view/1164968

Sorry to anyone who bought his bonds, looks like he won't be paying it back Not so

Hope the admins won't let this behavior go unpunished.

EDIT: 16-05-2017 - Cash and most assets seem to be transferred from zorgborg to another account.
EDIT: 02-06-2017 - Still no action has been taken by Diska (admin), I am very disappointed in the moderation of this game.   

• Page:
Message list:  

14.05.2017, 19:57

FLP01
Six years with Virtonomics
Merit for the Italy of level III Founder of Victoria (CS) Founder of Seychelles Virtonomics Philanthropist 3rd class Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

XDCD, you've downvoted me three times already, y'all need to chill 

15.05.2017, 03:41

xcrusader010
One year with Virtonomics
Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
Bogan Corporation

G'day

Downvoting means they don't agree with what you said, not necessarily that they don't like you. It's just a debate. I roll!

I honestly think the current bond system is all right, except it's not exactly clear to new players. The game needs a proper tutorial, even if it means having the pop-up bubbles (like the initial tour) explaining every single tab - including Bonds.

Bonds can't help new players because of limitations, maybe there needs a smaller bond emission option, because people say you can't make profit out of bonds, but I boosted my company's turnover sky-high - it always pays for itself soon...

As to the scammer -- he's just a one-off prude. Hopefully. I am malicious 
-------------------------------

Bogan Corporation

15.05.2017, 08:44

MoonLighter_LLC
Seven years with Virtonomics
l:
Mojo Industries
m:
MoonLighter

Maybe some experienced veteran(s) of this game could post a tutorial about the bonds system, and best uses, along with tips on what the proper things are to do once you realize that you might be in danger of defaulting on said bonds, etc, things like that, all under one topic post. 

15.05.2017, 13:35

Last time edited : 15.05.2017, 13:36

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

Says the person from 2012 To you

The biggest thing for bonds is to always check out the assets physically and not just what the bond system says.

What these scammers do is make their numbers look nice much like what's being discussed in the 30% of points topic, ultimately using psychology (knowing bonds are rare and sell fast) to get you to buy it.

Losing out on a bond you didn't research isn't losing money Well 

15.05.2017, 13:55

Gorchilo
Jubilee Ten Jubilee Ten The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Mathematic teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Silver Ten The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
ZZZ

Best tip for new players is DO NOT BUY BONDS , there is at least 50 ways to earn much more ... 

15.05.2017, 15:06

Last time edited : 15.05.2017, 15:10

FLP01
Merit for the Italy of level III Founder of Victoria (CS) Founder of Seychelles Virtonomics Philanthropist 3rd class Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

Unless that is a figure of speech, please list 50 ways to earn more. Anyway, Bank of Virtonomics (i.e. investment bank) has already been discussed. I see 'Virtonomics Loans' having lots of potential as they can be fashioned very much like current bonds system, with loans for different purposes. These could be tailored more to newer players as we all know they aren’t going to touch bonds lest default.

Loans would be a nice addition to the game as it is very much part of a business, finding ways of raising capital with DCM (Debt Capital Markets) and ECM (Equity Capital Markets) being considered. 

15.05.2017, 18:47

xcrusader010
Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
Bogan Corporation

There are 50 ways I roll!

Trade secrets. To wink 
-------------------------------

Bogan Corporation

30.05.2017, 22:50

Rumruner
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

Maybe if they incorporated it into Tenders?  Right now, there isn't a good market established.  Which probably is caused by most people not having a reason to issue bonds, i.e. they're cash heavy.

Also, IRL every major company has bonds, just they only sell to financial institutions.  Maybe buy from Virtonomics themselves? 

31.05.2017, 02:26

Gorchilo
Jubilee Ten Jubilee Ten The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Mathematic teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Silver Ten The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
ZZZ

FLP01 i didn't count how much ways exactly but in general unless you max all qualification any other way of earning is better then bonds even buying of expensive high lic or tech to improve quality is better way then bonds ..

Investment in any service qualification(restaurants, med. center etc.. ) except service sector will bring much more but you just must to learn game mechanics (where to set subdivision , pricing , marketing etc.. ).
Optimization is key of success .. 

31.05.2017, 15:13

FLP01
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

I did say how I'm not relying at all on Bonds to make me a profit as part of my strategy, the main part of my business does that. 

31.05.2017, 15:17

Last time edited : 4.09.2017, 01:10

FLP01
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

I know a few people have already read this, but please give it a read:

https://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/16/topic/106281/view ...  

31.05.2017, 17:18

Gorchilo
n:
ZZZ

My answer is for all new players which plan to make profit with bonds Well even if there is no scammers any other way is better to make profit Well 

31.05.2017, 22:58

Gorchilo
n:
ZZZ

If you issue bonds then after some time you issue new bonds but you didn't sold all new bonds and then you bankrupt that can happen since assets are sold to pay first bonds .. ( i am not 100% sure but i think that can be reason ) 

2.06.2017, 23:29

Last time edited : 3.06.2017, 15:20

XDCD
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

FLP01
I also wonder if Nielsen Group is a bond scammer as they have $0 worth of assets but $110,048,416 turnover and has issued 682 'Golden Chicken' bonds with total repayment $1,023,000,000,000. There is a group of four at very nearly the bottom of companies ratings which look quite shady to me: 11,226 - 11,229 as how can you have a fairly high turnover but $0 in assets. Check it out.
There's a difference between scamming and just issuing a lot of bonds...

Nielson issued his bonds but kept his assets, look at his subdivisions, he also owns a couple (bought and sell-able) state enterprises with supply, still has his production running etc, thus most likely hes not a scammer. Unless you have access to his  asset/cash/debt position (which you get when you buy his bonds) otherwise you cant blame someone.

Goku18 however gave both his cash and all of his assets away after issuing the bonds (apart from the 'free' starting gold mine and oil well - which can't be sold)
Here is the overview from Goku18 his assets and cash after issuing the bonds:

Assets:      10.940.397.014,14
Cash:             177.688.846,43
Debts:  1.423.900.000.000,00 

2.06.2017, 23:29

XDCD
m:
XDCD Incorporated

Just to get back on-topic.

13-05-2017 - report on forums
14-05-2017 - pmed Diska about it
22-05-2017 - got a reply he will look into it if he's got time

Now its 02-06-2017.
20 days have passed and no action has been taken.

The lack of moderation within this game really disappointing me. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Bond Scammer | Mary

• Page: