Create your dream company and become a tycoon!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Constructors are coming!

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 30.03.2017, 18:14

Last time edited : 26.05.2017, 13:37

diska
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Beauty set King of the Fields Citronom Virtonomics Philanthropist 1st class Shagreen, VII-XV places Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Planter
Holmes Pipe Dynamite Belgian chevron Jewelry Loupe Beauty set Perfume Dentist Sicilian olive
Italy Gold Italy Gold Shagreen, VII-XV places Six years with Virtonomics Fishing Pro Princely mansion Planter Landowner
Miner Helmet Award for helping other players
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Jewelry Loupe Beauty set King of the Fields King of the Fields Golden hook Golden hook Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Magical bonsai MBA diploma
One year with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Bronze bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian silver coin
l:
cnJDS
n:
Flaj Cokotlaj
m:
JDS
a:
Anna Ltd.

Today, March 30, we introduced all the new items on the action Regional Development Project in Denmark!

On all realms (including Anna) new products are introduced:
Constructor
Thermoplastic

Additionally, for each realm, various regional bonuses and restrictions are introduced:

on VERA:
- quality bonus for produced in Denmark : 8%
- minimum quality reduction  for production : 3.0

on OLGA:
- quality bonus for produced in Denmark : 9%
- minimum quality reduction  for production : 2.5

on MARY and LIEN:
- quality bonus for produced in Denmark : 7%
- minimum quality reduction  for production : 5.0

on ANNA:
- minimum quality reduction  for production : 5.0   

• Page:
Message list:  

31.03.2017, 03:28

xcrusader010
Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
Bogan Corporation

Cheers for the update. Well 
-------------------------------

Bogan Corporation

31.03.2017, 12:50

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

Like I said, you killed it before it even entered the game...

Everyone on Mary/Lien:

31.03.2017, 17:30

xcrusader010
Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
Bogan Corporation

Before I start building the Great Wall of Text, I'll say that I love the game, and respect the developers and their efforts.

I applaud the developers for frequent updates, it's very rare to see an online game get updated this much, but I'm not sure if the updates are aiming in the right direction.

Perhaps it would be wise to focus on the free to play side of the game? I'd recommend implementing more features for the lower level players. A lot of players leave within the first few days because it's just too difficult - this is my third account, my other ones have failed miserably. Not many people are that patient.

Free games always get massive player bases. Sure, the developers may get less $$$ to start with, but a bit later they would add paid services that would make life easier for the player. Most players would upgrade, and cash would start rolling in while maintaining a large player base.

I was reading the archive, and I was stunned. There were old topics that had so many messages... It was clear this game was incredibly popular, and had a lot of players rolling in. Then I read the message that, although I was not there at that time, shook me. "Virtonomics gives up a free-to-play model". "Shooting yourself in the foot" won't describe what the developer had done.

Did you see all the replies from the users? Topic Link.

If "game 1" is purely free to play, no virtual shop, no paypal, just purely free, a lot of players will join. Most users will likely stay a while, but may get bored of the dullness pretty quickly. Plus, devs will get little donations.

Take game 2, which is purely pay to win. Freebies have no chance of winning or succeeding, they must pay to have a go, but as soon as they pay, it becomes the battle of the wallets. Nobody wants that, so the game will have a much, much less player base - in fact, next to none.

Game 3 is perfectly balanced, there is enough free to play in the game to appeal to the sensible guys who don't throw their wallets around, and it also appeals to the guys who pay to not "win", but have a "lead".

I'd say Virtonomics is between 2 and 3, leaning toward 2.

Remember, eventually, even your loyal customers will disappear, and who will take their places? Nobody is gonna join and start paying instantly. That's why you must focus on free to play, get a flow of players coming in, get some stability. Game's dying, I can see that.

A lot of players are complaining. 

Bogan Corporation

1.04.2017, 01:24

XDCD
Five years with Virtonomics
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

You are completely right crusader.

I never even checked the archives before but it seems like there used to be a lot more active players a couple years ago.
The change to give up the free-to-play model and go headfirst into a pay-to-win model really is a shame as the game currently is definitely ranked as your number 2. Basically all natural resources which are used for most products are paid for with $$.

Just to add my two cents' worth;

Would you rather have a 1000 active players of which a 100 are willing to pay $5 to get an edge, or a 100 players of which 10 are willing to pay $50 to win? Revenue might be the same, but the risks aren't.

The only way to actually get any kind of decent active player base back, like crusader explains as a 'well balanced number 3', would be to just leave the 'services' paid (which are currently massively overpriced in my opinion).
To do this you could:
- Make all natural resources paid for with in-game money (possibly expensive and/or limited).
- Improve the usability of the services i.e. allow the salary / qualifications to be edited on in the main employee window rather than having to go into each subdivision.
- Add a real time efficiency 'forecast' service for all subdivisions.
- Reduce the price of services (combined no more than ~$5 a month seems acceptable to me).

If you do this and prevent scripts like XioScript(which could ruin your 'service' revenue) then I think you could keep a lot more people playing, increasing the active player base and 'make this game great again'. Well 

1.04.2017, 03:09

Gorchilo
Jubilee Ten Jubilee Ten The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Mathematic teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Silver Ten The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
ZZZ

This is not right place to discus about it but this is game free to play .

Until now i didn't pay any $ for it and i don't fell much handicapped because of that , with points i get in game from contest and tenders i was buy all my mines, plantations and agricultural farms ..

You talk about preventing XioScript, my opinion is that without that script playing this game is 10x harder and i think that part of script that told you what is max number of employees , qualification and max total number of workers for current qualification  need to be added in game so new players can have clue how to make 100% efficiency

Maybe better wiki with all details will help ..

I this game everything is important and if you know most of "everything" you can earn as much you want but you have to read a lot and ask a lot

You say that 5$ a month is acceptable for you , ok , that much you actually need to have easy play HR department 5 points - 120 days , Repairman 5 points for 90 days and you have left 12 points to buy some mine or plantation ..

So is that greedy ?
I think not .. 

1.04.2017, 14:28

Last time edited : 1.04.2017, 14:28

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

Question about the Constructors: Will there be a bonus set coming with a discounted Oil Well, T10 Factories and some Q1 get started materials?

Suggestion about the Constructors: In the near future there should be a new Kindergarten specialization with the same customers per facility as Art Studio, but with Constructor as one of the consumables. 

1.04.2017, 16:17

xcrusader010
m:
Bogan Corporation

XDCD
Would you rather have a 1000 active players of which a 100 are willing to pay $5 to get an edge, or a 100 players of which 10 are willing to pay $50 to win? Revenue might be the same, but the risks aren't.
I've actually seen this quote somewhere, and it's completely true. Not only is it more stable to have more players, but it is also more satisfying, it gives motivation to developers. If I was a developer of a massive game but getting negative profit, I'd not care about the money, but instead think about how many people are enjoying the product.

You also spoke about "real time efficiency forecast" which we already have, anyway, unless I'm thinking of the wrong thing? "Remove XioScript" well I'm not sure what my view is about XioScript. I use it, but is it bowling an underarm to the batsman? I agree it must hurt the sales a bit, which is why I think it shouldn't be banned now, since so many people have it, but be banned along with a mass overhaul (at the bottom, my point about overhaul of game).

In this game, it updates on every 24 hours. While it appeals to some people, it does not appeal to most people. Nowadays, people don't want to spend hours on end just to see changes every 24 hours.

The problem is, not everyone is prepared to spend $$$ to gain a lead on a passive game.

People would be more likely to purchase one-time services (That is, lifetime use) - Even if they are slightly more expensive. Some games offer a whole shop of one-time services, while keeping subscriptions only for "Deluxe" mode, which usually means more xp, or in this game, perhaps boosters.

Would you rather sink money into a game that imitates an office, or would you sink lots of money into fun games like Call of Duty, Shellshock live?

A game developed by Valve. Team Fortress 2. It's an FPS, cartoony-sort. Compare this game to others like COD, it's pretty crap. But, Valve thought one step ahead and figured out what the people want: Different weapons, different aesthetics, valuables. Instead of just selling items from a store for real $$$, they actually gave these items away. Every now and then, the people who play get new items, new weapons. So they get rewarded nicely for playing the free to play game.

Best part? Players can sell their items to other players, for steam credit. (Obviously, with Steam credit, they can buy other games or buy other weapons). Among the drops, there is a chance to get rare items. They are not necessarily stronger, but they are more expensive. A while ago, I spent $2.40 (USD) as a "guaranteed lottery" (opening crates). I gained an item that was worth $40 (USD), and sold it to someone.

While this has no relevance to this game, it does tell a good story, and there is a moral to it. They turned an otherwise average game into a market place. You can pay to win. You have a very decent chance to get real money, and the developers gain a lot of revenue from tax, and a lot of player base and fans.

Some ideas worth considering:
[*] Loosening up services, making them one-time purchases
[*] Remove and/or edit subscription items (nobody likes paying every month)
[*] Introduce a better marketplace where players could sell their subdivisions for cash
[*] Introduce rewards for play
[*] Introduce items that benefit subdivisions (e.g. "Butcer's Knife" gained from rewards for playing, increases quality of
meat products, sell on the market for 50c or something like that. It's ambitious, but very flexible, and worth considering.
[*] Lastly, but most importantly, have a mass overhaul of the game. Introduce more materials, more subdivisions, more more more. We love diversity, so why not have a city map, interactive maps so instead of focusing on an international scale, we must first make a good name on our home country? What if, instead of picking a place on Earth for a starting point, you start on only one country? Start in Germany. It's tough, you have to compete with newbies, you have to compete with local companies. You make small profit at first, but as your company grows, you can expand outward into France, dominate markets, and choose your next country to dominate. Higher level countries provide higher wealth levels, but you must compete with tougher players. Like I say, it's ambitious, but heck it's worth opening a new realm to test this right? It puts a whole new spin on Virtonomics, turning it from a spreadsheet game into a business empire builder. Keep subdivisions, keep work efficiency and qualifications, but make it fun.

Times are changing, and we must change with it. That's business, right? 

Bogan Corporation

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Constructors are coming!

• Page: