Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> This Games Future: Bleak?

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 26.03.2017, 04:57

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

I know people leave and everything, but back in November i started playing Mary... Except one situation I've kept 100% (and sold 90+% for profit) of the stuff i bought.

However i decided to go into the markets of Lien and noticed PROgress went belly up... granted not a "big" player but they where with me if not higher in ranks... Truth be told I've basically stopped playing lien due to too much auto pilot, with 1.1 Trillion+ in bank and gaining 4B doing nothing I wont be going under.

So my question is, is this game getting too repetitive to everyone else? Today alone i blew threw 100B on Mary buying up Cilly Inc. or as much that would make money. My bonds are coming up and i shouldnt have any issues handing the cash back with either ample inventory or cash. But if players keep quitting who's going to buy my stuff? new players cant afford Q20 shirts let alone the 100-200K Q25+ Furniture at @150K ea. I might be the cheapest Sugar Daddy going on the market in Mary but that is usually dead weight (stuff i dont care about).

When i get bored of a game because it's too repetitive... That's really saying something. Considering i have done this for hours on end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBSOnR5Ok2k (the 3 dislikes where caused by some of the banned people lol, tho i noticed youtube took down 3 offensive comments, likely banning said users from youtube, yet i find the German comment comical and not offensive To you)   

• Page:
Message list:  

30.06.2017, 19:40

Last time edited : 30.06.2017, 19:43

XDCD
Five years with Virtonomics
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

FLP01
Do people think that Nika has been/will be a success and what implications it has for the future of the game, Virtonomics 2.0...

Nope, doubt it will last very long as an 'active' realm. It's the most expensive realm yet as free to play isn't really an option with just 10 subdivisions. The added pvp part isnt exactly amazing either in my opinion. Would've enjoyed if they added some realism rather than a 'clash of clans' - 'attacking' approach. 

1.07.2017, 04:33

Last time edited : 1.07.2017, 04:40

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

I thought I wouldn't like it at first but now I like Nika much better than the other realms.  Lien and Mary are too easy since you can build thousands of subdivisions without any thought or effort and succeed since everything is massively profitable making it impossible to fail. Success is determined primarily by who has the most time to build and manage thousands of subdivisions. It gets boring and repetitive after awhile so most of my subdivisions sit idle.

Being limited to 30 subdivisions on Nika (10 at first but you can get 20 more by completing the quests) makes it more challenging since you have to actually think and plan to determine which subdivisions will be the most profitable as opposed to mindlessly expanding everywhere. That means success will be determined primarily based on skill. It's a much better use of time than having everyone manage 100 times as much with the same strategies and being forced to neglect 90% of your company due to time constraints and getting bored with the repetitive nature of having too much to manage. 

3.07.2017, 03:26

Gorchilo
Jubilee Ten Jubilee Ten The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Mathematic teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Silver Ten The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
ZZZ

I agree with Jayman but i think that will be much better to restrict at 10 of each sector (service, industrial, agrarian and science ) 

3.07.2017, 22:21

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

Gorchilo
I agree with Jayman but i think that will be much better to restrict at 10 of each sector (service, industrial, agrarian and science )

A big part of the strategy is choosing which sectors to use your licenses. To encourage investment in sectors that are less profitable, I'd give everyone more licenses and vary the cost based on sector such as 1 license to open a fitness center, 2 for a medical center, and 5 for a store. I'd also allow the buying and selling of licenses purchased with points in a way similar to the old stock market for virts. 

4.07.2017, 03:47

Last time edited : 4.07.2017, 03:48

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

Jayman
I'd also allow the buying and selling of licenses purchased with points in a way similar to the old stock market for virts.
With limitations, we dont need another runaway market... who wants to try to afford a 100 billion license?

But therein lies the issue... once you get points involved oldschool players will automatically think "big bucks" and expect it. Else why invest in the new realm? You even see it on Nika with the mines.

I can barely play Nika anymore but not due to the new game mechanics (i love), but the old ones. If you want to limit players to 10 initially fine but dont limit them based on some outdated qualification layout, tech limitations is 100% ok with me just not the qualifications.

Do i think Nika/V 2.0 will make this site survive? Nope. Will it try it's hardest? Yes, but only time and features will dictate the future of this site. But imo adding qualifications to a more limited server than any other is just pushing the knife in deeper.

2. Updated the system of independent suppliers. At the start they will be 3 kinds:
2.1. Starting independent for equipment, animals, meat, rubber, wool, wax with a fixed price - they will be removed approximately 2 months after the launch of the realm with an alert for at least 1 week;
2.2. Independent suppliers of the basic sector - grain (3 types), clay and minerals.
2.3. "Market" independent floating price: oil, aluminum, copper, plastic, steel, glass and electronic components. The price update takes place once per game update depending on the demand for this type of resource.

2.1 could cause a animal crisis, killing the game.
2.2 no iron or coal to produce steel which is a huge market killer for a lot of items (current price is 250), also no silica. which means almost anything with micros is dead. You need 3 factories to make plastic vs 1 for steel micros products require one of them. Sure they have independents but how long will that work out? someone with tech 10 factory with q1 everything can make a q 1.5 at least for plastic. So the question is how long will a game last with Q1 second tier products? I understand the logic for plastic due to 3 factories, but still.
2.3 Does this mean more demand less price or more demand more price? idk i've not watched the market. either way market manipulation can happen killing the game. (price soars hoarders profit, price plunges everyone losses)

IMO a better approach with Nika would of been something like this:
Everything as is less:
Paid resources
qualification
ability to open/close units within 2 weeks of creation.
clones (any clone use = banning all accounts site wide loosing all points invested)

Reason:
With a limitation of 10 (even the removal of the additional 20 free) Nika becomes a "micro transaction" haven. Say i wanted to open up 50 farms with tech 1. I hand over 40 points open up all 50 units in one region or 2 i sell on the open market. They get $40 i get what i want, win/win. They should've taken a look at mobile apps as a example for the new server.

Sure it's great everything is cheaper but qualification restrictions prevent me from buying into Nika. Say I buy a mine the 5 point 15 million unit one. It produces 250K a turn (lets say), the pickaxe bonus will make it so one can mine a small mine for 30 days but thats 7.5 million units, after that if your qualification is not up there your mine will literally crash and burn(a fear i have everytime i buy one with said incentive on lien.)

For mines the geological research can have a time delay on such a server (like in real life). Also expanding after say size 3 costs another point (to limit massive factories, runaway markets). This can cause a runaway market itself but also allows a easier market to penetrate being a "new" player. play the game with 10 units of anything you want if you like you pay more to expand. With such a model a company like my Lien one would bring in 2000 points instead of the what 1000 i spent? But equally it would prevent massive giants hoarding everything or those with massive pockets destroying the game.

Say i spent 1000 points for 1000 units and tried to destroy Nika, would i? or would i crash and burn? I'm fairly sure i would C&B due to large logistics. Plus being limited to the tech that is readily available like everyone else there's no logic to go big so fast unless you are either farming fishing or researching, but once again it gets to a point where such a big company would go under do to expenses. Right now you can spend 1000 points and dominate Nika potentially indefinitely. I'm not willing to invest in that, nor would a newcomer, in fact a new player would more likely try their hand at Mary or Lien first simply because it has not unit limitation. 

4.07.2017, 19:48

Last time edited : 5.07.2017, 19:46

FLP01
Six years with Virtonomics
Merit for the Italy of level III Founder of Victoria (CS) Founder of Seychelles Virtonomics Philanthropist 3rd class Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

We have reached over 1000 companies on Nika already, I think don't if this growth will carry on forever though as having to spend points on licences will meant that it will become stunted. 

4.07.2017, 23:28

FLP01
Merit for the Italy of level III Founder of Victoria (CS) Founder of Seychelles Virtonomics Philanthropist 3rd class Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Providence Limited
n:
Providence Limited
m:
Providence Limited

I am just starting to understand and get into the politics side of Virtonomics and I currently have 5 votes that I can use in Uzbekistan on Nika (yay!), that doesn't matter though as all of the whales have tons of votes so mine won't count which is disappointing. I wasn't thinking of voting for any of the candidates anyway 

24.12.2017, 09:46

Marcelo1983
Four years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
m:
Amelie Investment

Hello..

Im happy with my experience.. Im new.. some markets are obviously overpriced, but there is always alternatives to make money..thats the fun in my opinion. 

28.12.2017, 21:31

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Single corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Marcelo1983
Hello..

Im happy with my experience.. Im new.. some markets are obviously overpriced, but there is always alternatives to make money..thats the fun in my opinion.

LOL what took you so long (after registering almost 6 years ago) ? welcome to the game Very we! 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> This Games Future: Bleak?

• Page: