Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> This Games Future: Bleak?

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 26.03.2017, 04:57

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

I know people leave and everything, but back in November i started playing Mary... Except one situation I've kept 100% (and sold 90+% for profit) of the stuff i bought.

However i decided to go into the markets of Lien and noticed PROgress went belly up... granted not a "big" player but they where with me if not higher in ranks... Truth be told I've basically stopped playing lien due to too much auto pilot, with 1.1 Trillion+ in bank and gaining 4B doing nothing I wont be going under.

So my question is, is this game getting too repetitive to everyone else? Today alone i blew threw 100B on Mary buying up Cilly Inc. or as much that would make money. My bonds are coming up and i shouldnt have any issues handing the cash back with either ample inventory or cash. But if players keep quitting who's going to buy my stuff? new players cant afford Q20 shirts let alone the 100-200K Q25+ Furniture at @150K ea. I might be the cheapest Sugar Daddy going on the market in Mary but that is usually dead weight (stuff i dont care about).

When i get bored of a game because it's too repetitive... That's really saying something. Considering i have done this for hours on end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBSOnR5Ok2k (the 3 dislikes where caused by some of the banned people lol, tho i noticed youtube took down 3 offensive comments, likely banning said users from youtube, yet i find the German comment comical and not offensive To you)   

• Page:
Message list:  

28.03.2017, 20:39

XDCD
Five years with Virtonomics
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

There certainly seems to be a lack of players, definitely a distinct lack new players.

And to be fair it seems like the 'pay to win' factor on mary/lien seems to ruin it quite a bit. Which doubtfully will attract many new players as they barely stand a chance.

The game also removes any form of strategy for the 'bigger' players who own thousands of facilities in every shape or form and can completely ignore the market (why buy your Q25 furniture when they can produce it themself aswell).
XioScript might be part of the problem as it allows you to build as much as u want without having to spend any effort to keep them going efficiently.

So yeah, I agree that the game gets a bit repetitive and a little boring with both a lack of players and a lack of market interaction. 

28.03.2017, 23:41

Gorchilo
Jubilee Ten Jubilee Ten The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Mathematic teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Silver Ten The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
ZZZ

well maybe there is no challenge for players that 3-4 years in game but for all others there is so much challenges
Problem is game is too complicate and cannot all play it and that's why new players go

I don't agree with "why buy your Q25 furniture when they can produce it themself aswell" they will buy it if price is good
No one can produce all products so he will buy products from others to fully use department if price is good ( problem is price very often players put very high prices so why to buy from them when you cannot sell it even for that price )

On mary you can sale whatever you produce if you set decent price , it's happen to me very often that i start to sale some product from others and in 5-10 days i clear all products with normal price and i not sale just high quality , i start with high then lower and lower until there is no products of any quality with normal price )

This is not LOL this is passive game and demand lot's of research and planing to be successful 

31.03.2017, 22:24

Kris_L

As a guy that is new to the game i think that this game has a lot of potential. The start is hard as i found out on my own when i started as i lost a lot of money and had a severe drop in efficiency as i did not know what to do. Now i rebounded and am doing quite fine if there are not so many restrictions on what i can sale and the prices. I mainly engage in retail of goods in my stores that are not produced by myself as nearly my entire production is sold by a single of my stores. It takes a lot of work and planing and i think that help with what you can sell based on your commerce rating would be good as most people will not understand that mechanic once they come to the game. Same goes for any other qualification.

Also any help and tips for how to play this game are appreciated. 

1.04.2017, 00:20

XDCD
Japan soccer ball Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish profile Swedish standard Ingvar Kamprad Order Jubilee Ten
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
XDCD Incorporated

You are right about that, the starting point of this game is a little too complicated and very restricted and may add to the effect of early quitters. This seems mainly due to the confusion about the top management qualification which can cause the severe drops in efficiency.

It could be a lot easier(without making it too easy) for new players if they started with top manager qualifications of ~5 on management, commerce and production. On top of that, clear information (the actual restrictions per level) about the top manager qualifications might ease the confusion. This could possibly be explained during the tutorial as it is a vital part of the game.

I'm glad you kept playing and rebounded from the difficult start Well 

1.04.2017, 06:44

Last time edited : 1.04.2017, 06:45

akasuki6969
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Manh's business

I'm new player and I think a better guide about top manager qualification is definitely needed. In the beginning day I had no idea what those numbers mean. Now sometimes I still feel confused about how much money can be put in ad or how to grow other qualifications like fuel and livestock (the guide from forum is helpful but the image link is broken i think).

Furthermore I think there is too few ways for beginner to develop. Restaurants, medicine, service, fuel, energy and so on are not as profitable as just focus on retail, then production. Opening a restaurant will cost a fortune for a player lvl 5 because of equipment. 

1.04.2017, 12:25

Last time edited : 1.04.2017, 12:27

FelixSylvaris

There is a problem of tooltips, and lack of them, so new players dont know what is going on. It is easy to have our manager skills crossed and hit low efficiency and stay there.

Vertical companies, it seems that everyone prefers to have production chain from ground to store net. So starting anything than basic industry is no-go.

Premium resources, some resources are not avaiable without $ so free to play compete just on products, and if you have that mine, you can do anything.

There is hope in more services -> more demand for various products.

It is pointless to compete against someone with several trilions of cash. Good markets are taken anyway. 

21.04.2017, 06:54

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

I have to agree, the game has passed from being entertaining, to become a tedious daily task for me lately. I have it mostly abandoned, just checking from time to time, and mainly for keeping the region politics stuff.

Some assorted stuff as the game evolved:

-More and more stuff requires paid stuff, that as we all know, reaches impossibly high prices in market, making it a "no go" for most of players or limiting it in a harsh way. Some cases: lab equipment, innovations (some of them now require points too, while previously were all with VirtoCash), agricultural stuff, equipment for service sector. Researching has become a luxury, that was a very bad move in my opinion. All my labs except one are closed now.

-It's no longer easy to get points in-game as it used to, and auctions are not an alternative, due to veterans/moneybags/whales taking 100% of them. I abandoned Broker-yard due to the lack of daily checkings too.

-Forcing obsolete items instead of letting the market decide it, and replacing them with paid-only materials to be crafted. Like the toys, the cars, and so on. It's not like all countries on the world have access to last-gen technologies, and it's not that all players can access them.

-That feeling of "bottlenecking" once you reach higher qualification levels. Once again, sink points or no longer able to expand. No way to compete with point-paid qualification increases. You reach a point where you get stuck and can't grow anymore, that causes a partial lack of continuing playing too.

Even if there is variety, and keeps growing (products, countries, new energy market...), whenever a new player goes to check and sees: this requires paid stuff, this one too, that one too... that scares players away. It feels too restrictive lately. Another online game has fully absorbed me, because it gives me plenty of stuff to do and plenty of freedom to choose, and I feel the need of having a "freeze company" button here to park this one aside undefinedly. That's the problem when one notices lack of "freedom" in a game, one moves to search for the next one.

I'm afraid that Virtonomics is losing its "touch". Lately, it seems to no longer be the market and economics simulation it used to be. Even if the world market is big enough to step in, the paid stuff gap has gone for worse lately... Sorry. 

21.04.2017, 16:22

xcrusader010
Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
Bogan Corporation

Money, money, money. Apparently, money is all that matters nowadays. No more customer service, no more kindness of heart. Every week I see yet another "Update" to the game that is used as a tool to extract cash out of most of us.

But, ah well. I guess there is still a chance to get up with the big guys on the markets, even without paying.. It will take a few extra months, mind you. And a lot of heartache. 
-------------------------------

Bogan Corporation

21.04.2017, 17:32

XDCD
m:
XDCD Incorporated

xcrusader010
Money, money, money. Apparently, money is all that matters nowadays. No more customer service, no more kindness of heart. Every week I see yet another "Update" to the game that is used as a tool to extract cash out of most of us.

But, ah well. I guess there is still a chance to get up with the big guys on the markets, even without paying.. It will take a few extra months, mind you. And a lot of heartache.

Yep.. I guess I can't blame them for trying to earn a little more money from it but it's impacting the gameplay waayy too much..

If they need money to keep developing the game, why not add some non-obstructive ads? They could easily replace the massive facebook share button at the top of the page with some ad.. seems like they would get a pretty decent amount of pageviews..
I would rather see that and some 'free' new resources than everything new being 'paid'. 

21.04.2017, 21:06

Last time edited : 21.04.2017, 21:06

Viraxje
Six years with Virtonomics
Elm Leaning Tower Portugal soccer ball Masquerade wig Jubilee Ten Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Wild beehive The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Eight years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Viraxje Ltd.
m:
Viraxje Industries

Don't know what the financial situation of Virtonomics currently is, however the trend is very negative for us players. I do know that for these kind of games it is hard to make a profit, but to 'penalize' current players in making everything more expensive seems rather harsh. Ideally more effort should be placed into attracting and maintaining new players, which indirectly should lead to higher revenues for the game. 

24.04.2017, 03:07

colonel_truman
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics

Okey Gamerz, next time I take a peek at what´s for sale out there, I´ll know for sure you have already grabbed all the good stuff.... thank you very much.
No more buying from you, and hope those bonds torpedo-sink you. (kidding)
Anyway, be a good boy and try retailing yourself.
Or lower the prices, and you might find an angel coming to the rescue.

So, yes. IMHO the game could be improved, and it does become repetitive. It´s also open-ended so I don´t understand that to-win attitude of some people. You don´t actually win anything. Do you?

I believe the owners (developers) deserve to be paid for their efforts. Maybe if more people would pay we wouldn´t get the super auctions joke and instead would get some actual "economic-SIM" rolling...
But I might be mistaken and they are money-eating ogres. 

24.04.2017, 03:41

xcrusader010
Shagreen, VII-XV places Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics One year with Virtonomics
m:
Bogan Corporation

Of course developers should be paid. They take a lot of their time off for this, But you wouldn't sell coffees for $50 at a cafe, would you? Or sell coffees for $1000....

Anyway, it's not to do with prices as much as the amount of free content. If you look at most other games similar to this, most of it is free, and only a few services are paid services. I don't think they are money eating ogres, I think they just don't read and take into heart the comments on forum topics. It's a normal human behaviour -- if someone does something wrong and they get told that, they won't listen to the advice and simply find some other way. It's very stressful, it's like that with a person I know, and it's like that on a heck of a lot of forums. 
-------------------------------

Bogan Corporation

24.04.2017, 22:07

Last time edited : 24.04.2017, 22:10

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

To many of the  "enhancements" are in fact downgrades, a devaluation of player's investments of cash and time. It seems rather desperate, if not to say greedy. 

28.04.2017, 23:41

Last time edited : 28.04.2017, 23:44

mwarp77
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics

This game is ridiculously unfriendly to new players. I've been playing for about 6 days and most of my contracts to buy things from people get cancelled. So I can't produce anything. So I can't sell anything. Seriously WTF?

BUT if I could produce my OWN raw materials, it'd be no problem! Except if I want to build a farm to grow cotton or livestock feed, it's going to cost me something like $40 actual real-world dollars. It's not even pay-to-win. It's pay-to-start at this point.

I doubt I'll play past the opening free tutorial handouts. 

29.04.2017, 00:38

XDCD
m:
XDCD Incorporated

mwarp77
This game is ridiculously unfriendly to new players. I've been playing for about 6 days and most of my contracts to buy things from people get cancelled. So I can't produce anything. So I can't sell anything. Seriously WTF?

BUT if I could produce my OWN raw materials, it'd be no problem! Except if I want to build a farm to grow cotton or livestock feed, it's going to cost me something like $40 actual real-world dollars. It's not even pay-to-win. It's pay-to-start at this point.

I doubt I'll play past the opening free tutorial handouts.

Odd, most people don't seem to cancel contracts that often in my experience, they might run out of supply however.

Anyway, due to the prices of most raw mats and the max. quality you can produce at the start it can be very unprofitable and nearly impossible to start (without paying real$) indeed. - If you need any help getting started with a little extra virto$ or mats on 'Mary' let me know. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> This Games Future: Bleak?

• Page: