Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Ho do you deal with market crashers?

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 7.01.2017, 13:35

Last time edited : 7.01.2017, 13:37

Lord_David
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
m:
Lord_David Invest

I don't mean big cats who are just too big to compete against (but otherwise, they sell for a good profit and usually stick with their own markets and don't try to ruin them or make trouble elsewhere). I mean real trolls who jump from market to market (usually for a short period) and sell items for a ridiculous price (ridiculous even in comparison with the top 3 players,...like 1/10th the lowest price set by Mike). And I don't mean temporary price wars because of tenders.

How do you deal with them?

1-Expel them from the market? (try to increase your share to 100% even if it means losing money,....you may win  and achieve a personal satisfaction, but the market will be ruined for a good period of time)
2-Stop selling and return to the market when the storm has passed (the smartest idea since you will not lose money,...but it may hurt your ego. When you've been in a market for a year or more, you start considering it as something that belongs to you and it may push you to take emotional decisions).
3-Other solution (explain).

• Page:
Message list:  

11.01.2017, 15:53

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Other solution:
Become a market crasher. 
IT'S JUST BUSINESS!

11.01.2017, 17:42

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

Hmm, I like idea 1

Shale I execute?
"[+] Steel 383,351,964 q7.25"

Steel market is in a low so I'm losing money, but with nearly a trill in the bank it would take some time to go belly up...

If trolls take over just move on for a few weeks, might even find something more profitable Ridiculously 

12.01.2017, 18:53

Gorchilo
Jubilee Ten Jubilee Ten The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Mathematic teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Silver Ten The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
n:
ZZZ

My advice is just go to next market or change department until he go or bankrupt .. 

13.01.2017, 04:24

Cwalen
Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

If someone drove their market share on one product to 50% or higher I might notice it. If someone wanted to be sure of getting my attention they'ld have to flood enough product lines to make the store unprofitable. 

13.01.2017, 13:12

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

Store markets are harder to crash than public markets. Due to ones advertising amount. Much like in the real world if they know your name well enough they'll keep coming back, this requires time and money.
Nice little example:
https://virtonomics.com/mary/window/globalreport/marketing/by_trade_at_cities/1526/422653/422659/422 ...
My shop is -90% profit (about) but every item is "lower" than everyone else basically. My service level is very high and my popularity is only half of the top shops.

If someone truly is crashing the stores market (or trying too), try increasing stores advertising, lower the prices a little, along with increasing your workers qualification. If that fails just move the store to the fashion or suburbs... If that fails holiday them open a new store and as I stated previously, try something else, or move your operations to a country with less competition. 

31.01.2017, 19:18

Last time edited : 31.01.2017, 19:21

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

Market crashers are destroying the IT market. I was making nice profits but market crashers came in with extremely low prices of $500/min or even $100/min in some cities. Not much you can do except keep lowering prices. Eventually I will have to leave once prices get too low and open IT centers in new cities they haven't destroyed yet. 

1.02.2017, 12:55

Last time edited : 1.02.2017, 12:56

gamerz300
m:
Egg-Roll International

I'm not technically a market crasher for IT... I sell at 500 or 125 in L.A., but I've not crashed the L.A. Market, I've just bought up the untapped market, you know the ones fed up with all the price gouging. Nuch like the Canadian company wind, now called freedom, and like them I'll irritate my clientele making them wish the never came to me Very we!. Japan I started around the same time as you (Dec 27).

For arguments sake I was going to sell at $50 min, but increased it to $500 and with the right amount of advertising I should be able to get market share
https://virtonomics.com/lien/main/unit/view/4048199/city_market ...

Also if I can "crash" ($500 min is still a lovely profit), "flood" and dominate the market with less than 150 workers per division then this new market is in serious trouble! So the question is why do we have units for thousands of workers if you can't use it?

If someone opened up a unit in every city with about 100 points worth of qualification purchases, one could dominate liens entire realm... 

1.02.2017, 19:36

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

gamerz300
I'm not technically a market crasher for IT... I sell at 500 or 125 in L.A., but I've not crashed the L.A. Market, I've just bought up the untapped market, you know the ones fed up with all the price gouging. Nuch like the Canadian company wind, now called freedom, and like them I'll irritate my clientele making them wish the never came to me Very we!. Japan I started around the same time as you (Dec 27).

For arguments sake I was going to sell at $50 min, but increased it to $500 and with the right amount of advertising I should be able to get market share
https://virtonomics.com/lien/main/unit/view/4048199/city_market ...

Also if I can "crash" ($500 min is still a lovely profit), "flood" and dominate the market with less than 150 workers per division then this new market is in serious trouble! So the question is why do we have units for thousands of workers if you can't use it?

If someone opened up a unit in every city with about 100 points worth of qualification purchases, one could dominate liens entire realm...

Market share is meaningless. Profit is what matters.

Extremely low prices will boost your market share but they will reduce your profits as well as hurt the market for everyone else. I had to shut down my very profitable IT center in LA that was getting $5000 min after you came in only charging 1/10th the price. Your high volume of data at higher quality caused my service level to drop to very low which caused profit to drop by 95%.

I experimented with advertising and found it doesn't make any difference above a very low popularity level. Minimum radio advertising got me the same market share as $20M/update of TV advertising. 

2.02.2017, 02:03

gamerz300
m:
Egg-Roll International

Ok you can have 1% cost 99% profit 0% market share, what would you have then?

Also yes I entered at 500 but I went looking for the markets sweet spot for me. 500 started picking up but I tried 100/800 after seeing growth. 125 is my sweet spot
Now all my materials are self made from sale mines. My cost is 1.2 million to make to buy it's 105+ shipping etc (about 155 million).

Each tower produces 1541 mb. Assuming it lasts one week it'll produce 10787.
To break even at that price I'd need to charge 14369 to my IT center. The site claims 104 updates but we all know we can't buy 1000 units and expect to run it for 104 days w/o replacing more than 15%...

But for the hell of it if one tower did survive the full 104 updates it would cost 967 per mb a turn for break even compared to just $9.30 per mb. Basically for me I'd be paying 100x more buying on the open market.

You do know advertising does more than just gets you people in the door right?
20 mil on tv ads is just as bad as spending 20 mil on newspaper ads Very we!

I'm L.A. you will get:
Internet 6.7 million people reach (each person sees it 1.6 times, or likely more cause not all of L.A. Would visit a site with your ad, this is true for everyone below)
Press 8.4 million or about 2 times per
Outdoor 11.1 million or about 2.7 times
Radio 16.7 million or about 4 times
Tv a whopping 33.5 million! Or basically spamming at 8.2 times.

But hold on, there's a little trick at getting full market attention. Spend the extra few seconds to click everything... As a reward you'll get 29 million contacts, but better quality ones... This means cost per contact is more but you also reach everyone. There might be a popularity boost as well, just like in trademarks for products. Basically you're popularity is your trademark (it shows up as trademark in stores when you sell them)

Now out of curiosity my popularity is roughly 600 in L.A. This update I've set my advertising to 60 million (double what it was when I entered, so I out preformed you in marketing too esp if you truly only selected tv ads I roll! ), set my price to 5000 and let's see what's going to happen. The reason why I say and are doing this is because anther top ten user is selling at 1500-1700 claiming 25% market share.

After the next update I'll shut down my L.A. enterprise (vacation) and sell my towers bandwidth to you for $75, I'll still make money, but won't replace the towers to see how long the 280 in L.A. last lol...

I didn't mean to crash L.A. And truth be told I rather stay in Japan. Maybe Texas but you can have L.A. back Well not till after next update tho because your words bugged me lol... Must test...

Oh pic of my units sales figures in L.A.
http://i.imgur.com/eXaxsGN.png ...

Also I told you you'd be back in #1 in Japan lol... To be fair tho my qualification dropped to 84% because I opened one in a new city which has been crashed yet I'm getting market share at $500. That's why your words are bugging me. 

2.02.2017, 10:54

Last time edited : 2.02.2017, 18:44

Jayman
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

gamerz300
Ok you can have 1% cost 99% profit 0% market share, what would you have then?

Same revenue but less expenses so higher total profits.

Also yes I entered at 500 but I went looking for the markets sweet spot for me. 500 started picking up but I tried 100/800 after seeing growth. 125 is my sweet spot

The sweet spot should be where profits are maximized. I tried various prices a few weeks ago and here are the results for one city I tested:

Price/MinuteMinutes SoldRevenue (1 equip/10 workers)

You can charge $100 min and get 20x the sales as my IT center that charges $2000 min but we'll both get the same revenue. The difference is you'll have to pay for 20x as much data so your profit will be lower.

Every city I tested had the same pattern with revenues being the same as long as the price wasn't above a certain amount.

You do know advertising does more than just gets you people in the door right?
20 mil on tv ads is just as bad as spending 20 mil on newspaper ads Very we!

I quit advertising and my sales remained the same. The market leader with massive sales in one city has a popularity of 1. I built 2 IT centers in the same city, one with high popularity and the other with one update of radio advertising and nothing else. Sales were the same in both centers. It might make a difference now that there is more competition.

After the next update I'll shut down my L.A. enterprise (vacation) and sell my towers bandwidth to you for $75, I'll still make money, but won't replace the towers to see how long the 280 in L.A. last lol...

I didn't mean to crash L.A. And truth be told I rather stay in Japan. Maybe Texas but you can have L.A. back Well not till after next update tho because your words bugged me lol... Must test...

Oh pic of my units sales figures in L.A.
http://i.imgur.com/eXaxsGN.png ...

Also I told you you'd be back in #1 in Japan lol... To be fair tho my qualification dropped to 84% because I opened one in a new city which has been crashed yet I'm getting market share at $500. That's why your words are bugging me.

My goal is #1 in IT. LA has other competitors with high volume and speeds so I'm staying away. FGDF is a bigger problem because Q16 equip and 60 kbit/s bandwidth means lower service level and less profit for everyone else with lower quality equip and slower speeds. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Ho do you deal with market crashers?

• Page: