Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> What rule 6 under promissory notes really means + a lovely chart for point buyers

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 16.12.2016, 06:36

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

First off here is the chart. It's the value of points broken down up to 600 points.

The first half of each section is selfexplanatory... The “cost to upgrade” “extra point” and “cost of extra points” are as follows:

Say you want to buy 20 points, so you get 2 points extra. This will show you how much more you have to pay (2 points), how many more points you will get by spending the extra cash (2 points extra totaling 24 points, you paid for 22 points instead of 20, hence only 2 gained still). The last one will how you if it's worth upgrading (assuming it's in your funds).

In this example buying 22 points for 24 points is not worth it as it is 0.14 EUR more and should only be done if you dont want to over spend and need only 24 points.

The ones highlighted in green for any colum is best deal I saw for the upgrade part it means it is likely cheaper to spend the extra points (unless you look in the 100's lol)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00557986252279702933 (if this doesn't show the EUR let me know)

First excel tab has USD second has EUR.

So, I ran into a issue with the super auctions, turns out I screwed up. However that doesn't mean Admins are out of the clear, far from it.

Rule 6 states this:
You can bid using a deposit promissory note on one lot only, and the bid has to be equal to the entire cost of the mortgaged enterprise. If you bid using a deposit promissory note and another player places a higher bid, you can use the deposit promissory note to bid on any other lot.

First off the mine I put up as “collateral” is not worth 96(48*2) points based on “resources” It's only worth (it was a 104 million unit) 66 points on the market w/o sale. Now this isnt what I paid for it(maybe 30), however something interesting in this little setup which if done in the USA/Canada would be borderline a scam.

They gave a item a higher value than what it should have been in attempt to make more money. This wouldn't be a issue if rule 6 was not in place or was laid out differently and/or the ability to split said enterprises value among several super auctions or incremental in the same auction, much like how ebay has auto bid. In fact if ebay's auto bid function worked like rule 6 your max bid would become your bid regardless of any other bidder that has already bidden or may come in the future.

Another thing they have done under rule 6 is valued the property under asset value not point value where the assets value is 1 point per billion. This means the same property bought (created via new enterprise) at 96 points is actually worth 180 points. Under this logic I should be able to offer the 48 billion in-game cash as payment correct? However general terms #14 states one can not do harm to admins or players during said auctions. But here is a issue with it next to “what harm” they speak of, if they dont want in-game cash associated with point only auctions why associate in-game cash with point properties in said point only auctions? Logic doesn't make sense, not to mention my nearly Q6 copper pyrite could prob sell easily at 20K a pop would make that mines value over 2 Trillion.

All that aside there is a more hilarious meaning to rule 6 as a programmer. Rule 6 is like when a governing body knows a issue exists but cant be bothered to fix it, so instead they put a rule/law in place to force those around them to self govern. Thats what rule 6 is, they couldn't be bothered to put in a “adequate” lean system on point enterprises. Basically they couldn't care enough about “us” to put in anything to prevent you or I as a player from putting a 500 or even 1000 point property as collateral for a item only worth a fraction of that.

This is just sloppy in the programming industry (not like it doesn't happen, *cough*Microsoft), not to mention lazy to rely on words instead of a few extra lines of code.

Now I will pay for it as per agreed upon via rules etc blah blah blah, but I refuse to make another purchase afterwards because of it. To put things into perspective I have played here for 5.5+ years, started paying back in June 2015. So in 1.5 years I have spent about $650 Canadian not including the current tab which will push it over 700, thats about $36 a month to this game since 2015, or nearly $10 a month since I began playing. Thats money they will never see after this last purchase due to poor coding protected by words.

As a gift to them for providing a “decent service” and it's their anniversary I will be buying 150 points (115+bonus, cheapest option in terms of value, w/o breaking the bank for me). Beyond that there will be no more purchases from me unless they fix the auctions and reimburse me my losses in points, but based on how they dodge “financial issues” they have caused in the past that would lead to giving points back thats unlikely to happen.   

• Page:
Message list:  

17.12.2016, 15:25

Last time edited : 17.12.2016, 19:17

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

i understand your view of things. Then again, the whole currency thing seems like a scam by itself. I mean, how fair is it some of us making 10 bucks an hour doing hard labour when at the same time others make 50 an hour sitting around to make sure nobody steals the chair, whilst we all we have to pay the same to buy a loaf of bread?  Objectively speaking this looks like a broken system and still, there is no revolution. Life is unfair because people are lazy.

This probably doesn't fix the issue though it might help a bit to get over it? 

17.12.2016, 18:03

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

gamerz300
Logic doesn't make sense, not to mention my nearly Q6 copper pyrite could prob sell easily at 20K a pop would make that mines value over 2 Trillion.
This is not programmer's fault. It was you who put the precious copper mine as collateral and then forgot to pay for the "worthless" thing you bought. I guess you deserve the loss.Cheerfully

P.S: Pardon me, just curious. In which dialect "a" is used before a word that starts with vowel: "a item", "a adequate system", etc? Or is this some kind of kool stuff? 
IT'S JUST BUSINESS!

17.12.2016, 19:20

Last time edited : 17.12.2016, 19:21

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Wonson
P.S: Pardon me, just curious. In which dialect "a" is used before a word that starts with vowel: "a item", "a adequate system", etc? Or is this some kind of kool stuff?

it does sound *kool* to me, just like omitting a noun marker before the noun To you:

Wonson
This is not [...] programmer's fault.

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> What rule 6 under promissory notes really means + a lovely chart for point buyers

• Page: