Create your dream company and become a tycoon!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Being the first store in an unknown market

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 15.12.2016, 21:29

Lebiche
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health

I just opened a store seeling goods in a market that is not yet rated, I mean here that there is a '?' instead of the AAA-E rating there. There are also no local sellers or companies in this specific market despite a reasonably market size for certain items (over 1,000).

Is it possible to sell anything in there and "create" the market ? My store has been opened for a couple of days with people coming in but no sale at all so far.

As an example, the average price of the market for an item is 400,000 and despite selling it at 5,000 no one buys my crap. Any idea where I should look to figure out what is happening ?

Thanks !   

• Page:
Message list:  

15.12.2016, 23:00

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

You have picked three obsolete goods: old 50s TV, old 70s cars and old 90s cellphone. Selling these goods requires lots of qualification and skill, and the market is shrinking steadily to zero. For more information you can study Goods with special status at Analytics=>Bonuses and Restrictions=>Goods Review. 
IT'S JUST BUSINESS!

15.12.2016, 23:43

Lebiche

Well. Damn, f*ck me.

But spot on what I was trying to do, thanks for the clarification. Never went on that screen before.

Thanks man. 

16.12.2016, 00:41

Lebiche

Actually,

I see the same thing for other goods too, like hair dryers in China. They do not appear on the obsolete list but are still marked '?' with no merchants and no company in this market.

What's happening there ? 

16.12.2016, 05:40

Last time edited : 16.12.2016, 05:40

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Lebiche
Well. Damn, f*ck me.

this is likely the wrong site for such a request

Try putting your sales prices at 2x. Cars don't do well in small stores, maybe its the same for your other products. 

16.12.2016, 19:06

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Lebiche
Actually,

I see the same thing for other goods too, like hair dryers in China. They do not appear on the obsolete list but are still marked '?' with no merchants and no company in this market.

What's happening there ?
There's nothing wrong with hair dryers if you can find a fair dealer or you can produce them at reasonable cost. If no one is taking something that looks like an opportunity, then it's either a fake opportunity or it is your day Very we! 
IT'S JUST BUSINESS!

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Being the first store in an unknown market

• Page: