Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> VIRTs reform

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 11.10.2016, 22:48

Last time edited : 24.10.2016, 15:39

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

On October 17th, 2016 the virtonomics system of bonuses and prizes will be changed:
  • All VIRTs on players accounts going to be transferred to bonus points, points will be attached to the realm where a players has the most assets (game currency assets). If a player has no assets on all realms VIRTs going to disappear;
  • The "100 friends" program going to be changed as well: instead of VIRTs players will receive bonus points attached to the realm. The "attachment" to the realm will happen at the moment of registration from the referral link. For old "friends" the attachment going to happen on October 17th, 2016 to the realm where a player who invited people has the most assets (game currency assets);
  • All tender prizes going to be changed from VIRTs to game points attached to the realm. The new rule will apply on tenders which were generated before October 17th but with a due date October 17th or later;
  • VIRTs which can be won in lotteries from planes (gov procurement) and yacht (regatta) will be replaced to game points;
  • VIRTs exchange market will be closed;
  • VIRTs prizes in contest of presidents (CoP) going to be replaced to bonus points, however with the exception of CoP which are already started. For those you can write to technical support and ask to transfered points which you won as if it were VIRT's. Applications for the transfer of such points will be taken within 2 weeks from the date of end of the CoP.

• Page:
Message list:  

12.10.2016, 08:52

Last time edited : 12.10.2016, 09:28

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Are bonus points the same as game points?

VIRTS will be converted and its system integrated into realm-bound game points?

Is the transfer of points between players completely abolished?

(no more cache to stash my cash ? Not precisely

12.10.2016, 13:07

Last time edited : 12.10.2016, 13:09

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

The better questions are:

1: What have we started hereI roll! I've got my doubts this was done by choice w/o influence.
2: will we see a virt market crash or explosion before termination of it. Related to your 3rd question
3: What's going to happen to in-game items that require points to buy properties, w/o a consistent baseline.

Mike, I think the first one actually answers your second question. What I got from it is virts will become bonus points. Any virts you have will be covered to bonus points and will be associated to the realm with the most assets.

Personally I wish I was that one person who has equal value on 2 or 3 realms greater than 0 with 5 virts I roll! 

12.10.2016, 14:42

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

I kinda like Mike's questions, actually... And I cannot wait to read the answers!

given that speculation with virts will soon end, I'd guess the virt market will show more realistic values. On Mary this implies a crash. But again, that's just a guess.

In a way, it's a shame the virt market is being abolished. I had this business model where I calculated my jewellery end prices based on what it currently cost to replenish my scarce resources (mainly diamonds and Q4 gold) with points bought on the virt market. This way, I had an eternal business model just like farms eternally produce stuff... 

12.10.2016, 17:08

Last time edited : 12.10.2016, 17:18

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

That's a big disappointment. I have 200 unspent virts I earned that I planned to sell or use on another realm and now I wont' be able to. I earned half of them on Vera realm and am not sure I'll need 200 on Lien realm where I'm already 1st in assets. Why get rid of virts with so little warning? 

12.10.2016, 17:47

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

To alleviate the pain: you can always attribute them to a realm of your choice before admin drops them all on Lien... 

12.10.2016, 20:15

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

Who needs free markets? To you 

12.10.2016, 23:28

Last time edited : 12.10.2016, 23:38

jeka_igla
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Are bonus points the same as game points?
Yes, bonus points = points. Just they wrote "bonus points" in Russian so i am translating how it is.

VIRTS will be converted and its system integrated into realm-bound game points?
Yes.

We always had 2 types of points.
1 - realm-bounded (converted virts or won on a specific realm)
2 - non realm-bounded (those which were purchased for real money could be spend on any realm)
Those types should stay the same.

Is the transfer of points between players completely abolished?
Yes. Transfers previously could be done with VIRT's but after VIRT's will be canceled there going to be no transfers.

3: What's going to happen to in-game items that require points to buy properties, w/o a consistent baseline.
Points are not canceled. Those things can be bought for points, same as before. + corporate certificates for some things

Basically what players losing is the ability to transfer points/virts between accounts. All ways to play for free (contests, tenders, etc.) stay the same (except the exchange market, its cancellation is really sad) but the awards going to be attached to the realm where you won it.  

Game had a problem (especially Mary and Lien realms) when payers from Russian realms were coming and winning contests for presidents and tenders on a regular basis giving less chances to people who actually play on Mary and Lien. This update is mainly targeting this issue of "realm jumpers" 

13.10.2016, 01:21

Sulaco
Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Weyland-Yutani Corporation
n:
EDEN Corporation
m:
Weyland-Yutani Corporation

And why are you closing the exchange market? 

13.10.2016, 03:18

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

Sulaco
And why are you closing the exchange market?
Good point... If they wanted to land lock virts they could still permit selling within the realm. Perhaps just shutting the whole thing down seemed like a better idea maybe...

jeka_igla
Points are not canceled. Those things can be bought for points, same as before. + corporate certificates for some things

Basically what players losing is the ability to transfer points/virts between accounts. All ways to play for free (contests, tenders, etc.) stay the same (except the exchange market, its cancellation is really sad) but the awards going to be attached to the realm where you won it.

What i mean is this:

JustNash
In a way, it's a shame the virt market is being abolished. I had this business model where I calculated my jewellery end prices based on what it currently cost to replenish my scarce resources (mainly diamonds and Q4 gold) with points bought on the virt market. This way, I had an eternal business model just like farms eternally produce stuff...

Basically, if one virt is worth 1000 virt cash and you get 100 items for that 1 virt each item has a base value of 10 plus everything to process that item to sell it (like mining gold getting gold ore to sell).

Removing the trade option will leave many players not knowing what they should value their products at. You dont want to loose money by undercutting yourself, but equally you dont want to end up with billions of stock not selling either.

No baseline, more headaches.

IMO removing the market is a good thing, but only if you set a value on virts that makes sense.
Not like this:
King’s ransom
20 GP = $130 000 000
Because a 20 point gold mine at 300 a piece literally gives out 5 billion+, and i doubt the 12+- points worth of service will make any player the 5 billion in revenue (less everything) by even abusing them. Excluding Mike To you

As much as i like this, and how it should be taking us forward. I just cant stop thinking this is going 2 steps back, rather than going forwards. 

14.10.2016, 19:40

roastedmushroom
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I'm new to Virts and know they're pretty pricey. Didn't realise they could be used to create uneven playing field.

" If a player has no assets on all realms VIRTs going to disappear"

But I think this part is very very bad: what if someone goes away for 8 months to 1 year and then comes back to find all the virts gone? I'll like to point out the obvious: there will be angry people and also, those silent customers who will walk away and might never come back. 

15.10.2016, 21:14

wDmDw
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

roastedmushroom
I'm new to Virts and know they're pretty pricey. Didn't realise they could be used to create uneven playing field.

" If a player has no assets on all realms VIRTs going to disappear"

But I think this part is very very bad: what if someone goes away for 8 months to 1 year and then comes back to find all the virts gone? I'll like to point out the obvious: there will be angry people and also, those silent customers who will walk away and might never come back.

VIRTs not disappear.
VIRTs converted into points 

15.10.2016, 22:45

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

wDmDw
VIRTs not disappear

jeka_igla
If a player has no assets on all realms VIRTs going to disappear

16.10.2016, 14:26

Last time edited : 16.10.2016, 14:29

gamerz300
m:
Egg-Roll International

While I hate how they are is going about with it, i do love the huge market correction lol

Still over priced imo

17.10.2016, 19:33

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

i had 5.8 VIRTS on my account but only got 5.0 points for them Not so 

18.10.2016, 03:29

gamerz300
m:
Egg-Roll International

Guess they failed math in grade school... Tho... every programing language (including php) has a round up/down function naturally based on obvious logic... Which means it was deliberate.

http://php.net/manual/en/function.round.php ...

Try contacting support is my only suggestion... 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> VIRTs reform

• Page: