Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Politics - Understanding and Strategies.

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 29.09.2016, 14:47

Last time edited : 3.10.2016, 04:03

Marloan_Morris
Triple corporate chevron For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Black Friday wallet Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Since I am mayor in 7 cities and govenor in 3 different regions and I am VChairmain of a supersized party I start this thread to first of all give a better understanding of politics (the big picture). To raise a discussion on different opinions about political management. I have a very close look on mary what is beeing done and not politically and too be honest utter chaos (in the sense of world economy) is a mild expression for whats happening.

To maybe reach a consensus to what city and countries should follow what strategy to have a balanced world economy.

Part1: Understanding
All countries and areas are basically set to deteriorate. The only way this can be prevented is politics.
The growth of an economy of a country can only be fully guaranteed when all political positions -pres. - govs- -mayors are in office.

Expl a: Cities are negative budget and dropping fast. Region of gov is positive and country is negative in budget.
Govenor would have to raise contributions to country and to region dev. President would have to raise developement of the country. All cities without mayor grow and the city where there is a mayor grows faster in the result. City budgets are becoming positive and a country rises.

Expl b: City is positive and region is negative and country negative. Mayors must further increase sales to raise tax income to the region and increase contributions to the region. There should be as many mayors at work in the country to achieve faster stabelisation of the country.

Basically, every country and every region should be set to grow, to help world economy, since only then retail markets expand.
So setting contributions right is essential.
Only a govenor who is in office for a long time can really and strongly change something for the better.

short term opportunism has no place in this game... since its only hurting world economy, but since its a business game all kinds of minds are at start here. Yes, I am talking about market resellers who dont add much to economy rather than raising prices for their own profit.

Different Strategies:

The full growth strategy.
To enact everything to make the city or the area grow as fast as possible. In some cases popularity drop would be the result, which would not matter in a peaceful environment. With opportunists at hand who only want  to prevent growth this can go a bit slower since recources are required to deal with them, that could be better spent in other areas.
Thats my strategy (Rhodes is now 1.5 times the market, budget, value, than it was before I came into office.)
Cant do that in some areas fully now since trolls are waiting for popularity to drop. (good job troll).

The staller: Just be mayor out of reputation and give a fly. Set contributions for party to high and wait for the money to roll in from a positive city or region. If the region is still positive some things are enacted, the cities are left to die.

The exploiter (find out who does this on mary yourself): Choose the best regions and countries with the highest revenues and exploit them as much as possible. Here only 1 or a view countries would be enough to make good profit that feeds the govenor with virts. Let go of all cities and regions that dont produce enough profit. Basically pull from poor regions the low production costs and add to own riches in better regions.

Basically these are the main strategies that are beeing followed right now in Mary and to be honest ... it sucks donkeyballs.

This way half the economy is sucked dry by only very little people.
Some post some social posts about making things better in the small picture. Some fail to see anything at all and only build what its worth building. Some are outraged by the political power some partys have and need to go against that.

I personally dont mind if everyone who is doing politics would earn from it. As long as the budget of a political area is positive overall and the country rises. Dropping markets with fat sponsorship for the party is garbage, but it has been done by some and is still going on in big scale by some.

Where are my trolls?? Of course in a political landscape there need to be some who dont understand anything and only have their paranoia. These people hurt economy aswell as the exploiters.

The final question is ... can we reach consensus.... here I would like ALL also the silent ones to engage in discussion.

City level: Can we reach the consensus that no matter if the budget is positive that 3% city growth is enacted in all cities at all times?? Thats the safe way to enhance a market... for all.
Governement Level: Animal husbandry and Farm support in harvest time, should be enacted always.
Presidential: Law on Service and Catering ON at all times.

Level 2: All Presidents and Govenors reach the consensus that its GOOD to have a growing region and do anything they can too achieve this. subsides to cities, contributions to the next instance. First have positive budget on all levels and only then enact sponsership of parties.

Level 3: World political leaders manage to decide on salery and education level in all countries and cities. Since quality constantly rises in the economy its questionable if there should be too many low salary countries.
The way it is right now is that there are production countries so people can max their own profit to sell in retail countries for a high price.
The bigger the economy gets (like in US) the more people will produce more locally and sell locally. Right now on mary there are huge shipping expenses to shift political weight where transport costs feed the rich.
We can actually make polls to decide on that once sense in all is established. (thats a dream).

Level 4: Multiparty consortiums decide on systematically enhancing regions (cloud 9)

Can we change something for the better??!? Can we...?? this game is very obvious about its data.
And instead of doing a prevention tactic lets try to talk??!

To my suggestion for all not envolved in politics... be successful, join a party with villas at hand, become mayor and take good care of the city.

And before another troll goes yeehaw again: Check the ammount that was spent by main partys to enhance world economy (villas ammount, prices). Logic: Many villas = much money spent to beeing even able to enhance growth in the economy.
(check political finance) What party has a positive party budget?? - quick hint... not us.
(check what countries are beeing governed) to find out who is expoiting and who is supporting.
(check what political programs are enacted in country regions and cities.)
well you could check market developement stats too but then you are a geek ;)

And if you are in office in any region.... enact political programs and contribute...    

• Page:
Message list:  

5.10.2016, 17:45

Last time edited : 5.10.2016, 18:21

Marloan_Morris
Triple corporate chevron For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Black Friday wallet Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

again another case of having his facts not streight.... or do you see pink tanks, wonson.

you are at war with us?? you have been voting against us since I can think.... so basically nothing changes.

And it didnt make any difference and wont in the future you decided long time ago... 

5.10.2016, 18:41

VolandAV
V sign V sign V sign Paper crane Paper crane Triple corporate chevron The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Bastille Key The tender collider, the winner World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, II-III places The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Master and Margarita

Marloan_Morris

Once the political landscape has been cleaned up... it will be decided what happens in africa.

I think this is the key phrase. Nice wants to get full control over Africa, but has no idea why she needed it. And just to Africa did not get one. Exactly the same objective pursued and on other continents, no matter how beautiful the words they do not cover. The true story was similar characters. Their names are known to all - Napoleon Bonaparte, Adolf Hitler. Everyone also knows what the outcome of this adventure. If we take more into account the fact that Nice is actually in a state of war with all polticheskimi parties, you can see the complete similarity of processes.

And the fact that in order to do something, it is necessary "to completely clear the political landscape" (Nice opponents) - is nonsense. On the other realms can be seen, as the mayor and the governor of the competing parties are the real partners in the improvement of cities and regions. Because reasonable people put common interests above party differences and benefit from this cooperation, mutual benefit. But the leaders of the limitations of Nice makes that impossible. They are like children kakpriznye - destroy everything in order to satisfy their own grievances. It's like a kid who tripped over a toy, it breaks down to avenge his bruised knee. 

8.10.2016, 17:24

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

What are the best ways to increase elector activity?

I am agitating, but it does not seem to have any effect after 20 turns. I need to increase activity in order to trigger mayor elections so that I have a chance of lowering pollution if I can get elected. The city pollution is raising the cost of my governor projects. 

8.10.2016, 17:45

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

As governor you should increase the electricity tariff for cities. Also look for other ways to turn the city budget negative. Elector activity seem to rely solely on the budget situation in the city (correct me anyone if I'm wrong).

Usually the rent income is the reason for positive city budgets. If you identify the subdivision type that give the most rent income to the city (go to city hall -> rent), you can look for stores/restaurants/warehouses/etc. operated by yourself or your allies and close them or reduce the size to also reduce the rent income for the city. 

9.10.2016, 15:21

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

Thanks for the information mort!

The electricity is supplied by players, so adjusting the rate at the governors level won't change the budgets. I can see that I have been going about it the wrong way. I have used part of the regional surplus to support the cities, so the cities have a surplus from the region. I was trying to make profit taxes support the city projects as well as region projects, but that won't work, since I will never get elected to run city projects with a budget surplus.

If you need a budget deficit for elections to happen, I guess you either have to fund city projects from your own pocket or direct some of the region surplus to your own pocket to offset the losses you incur at the city level.

Is there any way to make city elections happen with a budget surplus at the city level? 

10.10.2016, 11:14

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

I suspect that party popularity gained from political agitation reduce the share "not going to vote", but I'm not 100% certain about it. And if it is the case, I think rather large villas are needed to make significant impact. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Politics - Understanding and Strategies.

• Page: