Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> How much from Virtonomics is true in real business?

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 11.09.2014, 14:51

NecessaryShock
One year with Virtonomics
m:
NecessaryShock International

How much from Virtonomics is true in real business?

For example:
I buy sugar for $1.00 per pcs.
I sell sugar for $3.00 and I sell about 600 pcs.

I setup higher price, e.g. $9.00 and I sell about 400 pcs.

So overall It makes sense to sell it less but for higher price.

I don't know if it is true in real life.

This is just small example.

Can somebody point me what things work in Virtonomics but don't work in real-life business?   

• Page:
Message list:  

11.09.2014, 17:41

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

The game is just like the real world, it's dominated and controlled by 50 people with tons of money tech market share rtf... how they got their fortune? Well prob with real money

I can't call anything that works in this game that does not in the real world... unless you call splitting microprocessor and things that make no material sense on production requirements, oh...

As for things that work here vs real world well suv the new car lines or anything sold to poor countries at high prices lol 

11.09.2014, 18:20

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

This is a parallel universe. To you Either way, some random thoughts (I'm not an expert on the field).

In real life, prices have added expenses, like sale taxes and such. It's hard to compete with products from foreign countries if they are cheaper and you have to face those added taxes that drown local production.

Transport costs tend to be the same if you order 10 units than if you order 20, as long as it fits a delivery truck. So, bulk orders are usually cheaper than having a single unit being delivered to you.

Merchandise that needs replacement tends to be sold in lower quantities. Not the same selling a watch than a bag of sugar, for example. There will be continuous demand for sugar, but once everyone has their own watch, they won't be needing another one in a long time. Selling cheap can lead to "flood" the market, but merchants might want to get more profit per unit rather than having a cheap monopoly that barely gets him any profit. Specially if they don't have a wide audience to sell products.

Cheap means massive selling, even if it is trash. I bet you know those "1 buck" offers at malls and such, and people goes like crazy to massive-buy trash that you can buy at 85c during the rest of the year. "Buuuuut, 1 buck is cheap." There you go. Cheaper? People buys more. Expensive? People decides to buy less or look for alternatives. This is not always like that for luxuries, that usually get high prices because buyers want to get them "at any cost". (Any book about basic economy treats this topics.)

In real life, it's not like you get better or worse workers because of the wage you pay to them. Labor unions, propaganda and such, can lead to have lazy workers that see you as an exploiter rather than like the one who pays their daily bread. Same goes for their skill.

Laws also limit how many workers can you afford to hire, or if things go wrong, to fire. Usually laws are the main setback when someone is attemping to start a business. Or if they slice you a few million in fines because they claim you sold alcoholic drinks past midnight. To you Virtonomics is easier in this sense, no worries about laws. Other than from dirty moves, but not of the other kind.

I don't know if I miss something important, I'm not the best suited for this. Any successful enterpriser out there who can enlighten us? 

12.09.2014, 03:34

NecessaryShock
m:

Thanks for responses guys.

After drinking one glass of wine, my mine is cleaned (or I have subjective feeling about that).

I guess, I will need an "expert" or somebody very good with business to answer this. (virtonomics vs real life)
Cuz it is about asking top 1%, not the bottom 99%.
Just found a guy who rock in one given area and be-friend him, your life will improve some much (noticed this with chicks and money in real life).

Most people who have big businesses and EARN a lot of money, don't play internet games etc they are very frugal with when they will spend their time (my assumption).
So it is HARD to found such guy AND even HARDER to found it here.
Perhaps I am asking it in wrong forum?

And I am asking wrong question.

It should not be
> How much from Virtonomics is true in real business?

It should be
> How Can I find a guy(s) that rocks with earning a shitload of money and be-friend them?

Best. 

12.09.2014, 09:04

Last time edited : 12.09.2014, 09:14

Wonson
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

NecessaryShock
It should be
> How Can I find a guy(s) that rocks with earning a shitload of money and be-friend them?

first you should prove you are hot, then they will come to you and use you. after that they will throw you away, and you are not hot anymore. better ways to try to stick to them other than being a good business partner: marry their daughters, take part in their coke parties. be seriously in their religion if they have any. 

12.09.2014, 13:52

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

Kids these days... First post seemed serious second was just ridiculous...

First no professional business person will ever take you seriously if you talk "smack". Second Wonson is right they will throw you away at your life cycle end leaving you broke and no rights... best to start "grinding" them hips against their child of your sexual preference at da club To you

I should note that I don't support usury 

13.09.2014, 02:17

Last time edited : 13.09.2014, 02:36

NecessaryShock
m:

Wonson

first you should prove you are hot, then they will come to you and use you. after that they will throw you away, and you are not hot anymore. better ways to try to stick to them other than being a good business partner: marry their daughters, take part in their coke parties. be seriously in their religion if they have any.

What you are saying does makes sense. (making business with somebody more experienced when I don't know anything + didn't knowing that person good and his motives)

My next question is:
Did you experienced / noticed this in real life?

However...

When I met my first buddy (Chris - copied "career way" from him), I didn't try to do / build anything with him. I just sticked to him and listened what he said about "career things". I just know he got a very good potential. He was just saying all interesting things and I shut up and nodded on most things he would say.

With second guy, I just found a blog what he was writing about seducing girls and started asking about specific things from article + small-talking in comments. After some time he started to helping me.
He didn't asked anything in return, he was just appreciated the way I was trying to 'self-improvement' in this area.

#1 guy didn't want to help me, he just said all interesting things to "look successful", I nodded and appreciated (Yeah, your right etc). I applied what he said "silently" overtime. Now I am in making about top1-2% of income in my country...

#2 guy at beginning didn't want to help, after some time - he wanted.

Wonson

first you should prove you are hot, then they will come to you and use you. after that they will throw you away, and you are not hot anymore.
Here I see two assumptions.
Befriending = making business with somebody (which isn't true - my definition).
All people don't want to help.

People (both men and women) can by divided into different types. Most of them DON'T help people, but of some them - yes.

On Tuesday I actually in small town meet one entrepreneur (he looked like he was in mid-fifties), I was chatting with him about grants for opening company.
I wasn't cool (I told him - no experience in business) but somehow he give me how to do this + gave some general advices (helped me).

It is about meeting / finding the right person. 9/10 (or more) will dump you, but if you one a one guy and stick with him - it will be much easier.
Plus some things like
- don't outshine them
- talk less than necessary etc
- be amoral etc etc but LOOK good
- choose "correct" dictionary to given men

---

Edit:
Rogue_Cat I just read your post again (sober) it rocks! 

13.09.2014, 05:31

Wonson
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

thanks for the advice, you seem to know a lot more than me! 

22.09.2014, 19:25.     Subject: Captivating website

qq

Moderator Jane84 has deleted this message  

6.05.2017, 00:30.     Subject: Mentor

kenares
Three years with Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
kenares International

Hello

A lot of mayor houses have the enterprise offices as well witch can provide coaching for startups. The best coaching you can find it in the capital city, in their mayor`s house. Usually they are people with businesses, or they had leading positions in extremely famous companies. You can go to a mayor house and ask for help with business startup and they will give you plenty information about grands, mentors, support. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> How much from Virtonomics is true in real business?

• Page: