Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Office efficiency

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 6.11.2011, 14:25

DeimonSalvator
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics

I changed the size of my office to 50 places and now i cant get my office efficiency to 100%.if i put high salaries to reach the required qualification than my top manager cant support that qualification but if i put low salaries=low qualification The level of administrative load will go over 100%.what do i need to do?    

• Page:
Message list:  

6.11.2011, 19:05.     Subject: Other variables

IQof20
Two years with Virtonomics

I responded in your other thread, but for others encountering the same thing, look at:

1) # of Managers
2) Qualification of Managers
3) # of computers
4) Quality of Computers
5) Qualification in each area (My Office | Qualification)
6) Where you recently expanded

1-3 are fairly straightforward.  #4 is the common "first miss" IMHO but just increase the quality and see what happens.

#5 and #6 rather go together as this is just about understanding where you're pushing the envelope.  For example, I expanded heavily into retail early on as I found limited success in production, so my Retail Qualification expanded rapidly.  If you watch/track the growth rates then it will remind you of where your strengths are and where you're pushing the envelope.

Also note that expanding "high tech" early often causes you to outstretch your management capability.  Having highly skilled workers takes more skilled managers.  Early on, it is very easy to expand beyond what your managers can handle.

However, when discussing this stuff, I'm often reminded of the phrase that sums up my economic education.  A phrase that I constantly have to remind people of now still 20 years later:  Ceteris Paribus.  And even in the game world this is rarely something that can be achieved. 

6.11.2011, 21:23

DeimonSalvator
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics

i changed the size of my office back to 10 places and now i got this results.this is driving me crazy
Main Office page
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/2267/officel.png ...
Work efficiency page before i opened 3 new offices
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9238/workefficiencyoffice.png ...
I also opened 3 new offices with 10 workers and about 4.5 Q of equipment
Work efficiency page after i opened 3 new offices
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5458/workefficiencyofficeaft.png ...
As you see this increases the workload instead of reducing it 

7.11.2011, 02:22

IQof20

The size of the office was probably fine at 50 but don't fill it.  Having >13 managers in this case is necessary for the "other" workers you have elsewhere (say 15).

I would still believe you could benefit from better computers.  I think I settled on a level of 6 or so when I was starting after some suggestions from others.

Spreading the offices across multiple territories is mainly about spreading other work across locations as well.  And this definitely can lead to benefits even early on.  

I also should point out that trying to be *exact* with certain items (like minimum requirements, exact # of workers, etc.) can lead to you being less than 100% because the system rounds these numbers and you can still wind up under skilled or under staffed.  Plus these #'s are for the past week, not next week, so if you expand via sales in your stores for example you might require more workers leading to perpetually being <100%. 

7.11.2011, 02:42.     Subject: Malaga Revenue Opportunities

IQof20

Also, since you're building in Malaga it looks like, if you drop a store there then there are at least a couple of items which have easy potential for revenue w/o a large amount of work.

For example, the local Market for Perfume right now (open a Malaga store | Marketing | City Market) is trading at $170 per unit and quality of 5.6.  This means that if you "happen" to have perfume at that price/quality available in your store then you'll  do fairly well.  All it takes then is stock and advertising to get people into your store.  Given that StarterFund Perfumery and Toledano Trade Almacen Telodano are providing perfume around that range.  If you bought 80/20 from each of those respectively then you wind up w/ a cost of ~$104 and a quality of ~5.66 (at least currently) bringing you an easy $65/unit in profit.

Such situations change as others adapt their sales, but right now there is an opportunity here for fairly straightforward revenue on that particular product.

In other situations it is not so easy to see the potential revenue, but this is a fairly easy one. 

7.11.2011, 11:47

Last time edited : 7.11.2011, 11:57

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Right now i can't view your images, it says the account is blocked? please check or post them somewhere else?

You can also join the skype group and we can figure it out faster,  i'll be glad to help 

7.11.2011, 20:01

DeimonSalvator

where can i join the skype group? 

8.11.2011, 06:26

Mike1
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

efficiency problem:

image "workefficiencyoffice":
13 workers required, 10 available: better computers require less workers!
1. Reduce worker qualification slightly (maybe 6.9) to get Top manager efficiency to 100%.
2.  increase computer quality until the required qualification of employees is used up.

This may just work. if not,  remove 10-20 workers at the controlled subdivisions.

image "workefficiencyofficeaft"
worker qualification (and computers) are both to low here 

10.11.2011, 01:48

Geekrulez
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"

So, how about workload ?? What is the mechanism ? 

11.11.2011, 15:28

cool_crasher

i did the same mistake prolly ur computer quality is too high which dont need replace computers and adjust employee salary and everything else respectively.....must make it good..... 

31.12.2011, 10:41

mikey153
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I find the quality of the computer essential too. But mine does not exceed quality 4, and management is 7 now. I see that i just put one extra manager above the minimum requirement and the efficiency is 100% and load is a comfortable 50-80% range.

I have also experienced a situation whereby a new office needed 7 managers instead of the minimum 1 to bring down the workload to below 90%, but this was resolved when I upped the quality of the computer, and give my managers training. So I believe quality or managers and computers go hand in hand.

MIke 

10.07.2017, 15:00

hyphen486095

I have a question in regards to this - I am having issues with my efficiency and I've followed everything said here. BUT...I can't buy better quality computers. It will only give me the option to low quality ones no matter what filter I do. I'm incredibly confused because the workload is not decreasing no matter what I do (more/less workers, more/less salary, etc). 

11.07.2017, 09:07

Last time edited : 11.07.2017, 09:14

Jayman
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Nine years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, the winner
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, the winner Merchant Medal III level Merchant Medal II level Common amphora of Heraklion
Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Shagreen, VII-XV places The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Golden Ten Merchant Medal I level Nine years with Virtonomics World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner Shagreen, the winner
Eight years with Virtonomics Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner
l:
Jayman Corporation
n:
Jayman Incorporated
m:
Jayman Rulezzz!

hyphen486095
I have a question in regards to this - I am having issues with my efficiency and I've followed everything said here. BUT...I can't buy better quality computers. It will only give me the option to low quality ones no matter what filter I do. I'm incredibly confused because the workload is not decreasing no matter what I do (more/less workers, more/less salary, etc).

See my reply on FAQ section. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Office efficiency

• Page: