Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Lien -> Manufacturer in the Early Stages

Announce your offers, look for new business partners in our business simulation game

Topic:

Topic created : 3.05.2015, 17:12

AdRome
Five years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
l:
Roma Honorabilis

During the very early stages of building my company, I invested a significant part of my available capital in industry. As this did not amount to much, I would buy enterprises put on sale; this brought me to producing my products in Central Russia, North/West/East/South Kazakhstan and Northern China.

I am setting up stores in Northern China and my initial goal was to make a business that self-produced its products. As my factories are very distant, shipping costs and taxes are considerable (check out below a summary of my producing units).

CENTRAL RUSSIA
3 Mills (lvl 5)

NORTH KAZ
Clothing Factory (lvl 4)
Weaving Mill (lvl 1)

EAST KAZ
Butter Factory (lvl 2)    <---- upgrading to lvl 5

SOUTH KAZ
Sheep Farm (lvl 2)

WEST KAZ
2 Clothing Factory (lvl 1)
Shoe Factory (lvl 5)    <---- 1200 workers because it was recently built

NORTHERN CHINA
Clothing Factory (lvl 4)
Bakery (lvl 4)
Instant food (lvl 4)
Sausage Factory (lvl 1)     <----- Upgrading to lvl 5
Yoghurt [Dairy?] Factory (lvl 4)

>lvl 5 National Clothes &amp; Knitwear factories in Northern China being built
*Please note that I have full staffing in all my factories, except the farm (1/3 of workers because of qualification)

Should I continue investing heavily in new factories, or should I use my limited capital to open new stores? Do you have any suggestions?
Please also consider a future scenario!

Thanks Well !

• Page:
Message list:  

19.06.2015, 01:54

Sulaco
Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
l:
Weyland-Yutani Corporation
n:
EDEN Corporation
m:
Weyland-Yutani Corporation

That depends on how much money you got.
In the longrun, you should definitely reorganize your production to reduce costs, however this could need a lot of invesment. If you are short on cash, you should open some new stores to get some money or issue bonds to gain liquidity. I suggest to open some stores anyway, because retailing products of toher players can be very very profotable exspecially in unexploited markets.
If I were you I would set up some furniture or food retailing stores in Mexico. Prices are very high there, meanwhile the competition is quite weak at the moment. (whatch out for the 25% custom duties). 

20.06.2015, 23:57

mdmoyer
Small barrel Eleven years with Virtonomics V sign Ancient Asian symbol of peace Double corporate chevron Production: master Haloween pumpkin Frankenstein Mask
Witch Mask World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Mayor Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Moyer Industries
n:
WindSail Enterprises
m:
Moyer Industries

Stores in early stages is generally a very good idea. You need money to invest in things and its a good way to prevent bankruptcy. It will require a bit more managing but worth it in the long run. 
LifesaverM
CEO, Moyer Industries - Mary and Lien Realms
President, Infinity Enterprises Corporation - Lien

List of forums -> Lien-> Manufacturer in the Early Stages

• Page: