Looking for a business game about a store management? But also want a challenge? Then this game is for you.
Welcome to the world of retail business!
The purpose of this game is to provide an opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a retail business.
However differently from our other retail games, in Budget Retail you will need to manage a company that is located in countries with low level of income.
The name of the game implies that the pricing policy of your merchandise is crucial, since you will be competing with real users who offer the same type of goods for similar prices. In this game you will have to apply different strategies to make profit in highly competitive regions.
You will be responsible for day to day activities and future development, such as:
- Product line – choosing and purchasing goods to sell.
- Pricing – you will decide the price policy for each good.
- Personnel – hire and fire employees, change their salaries and train them.
- The store – change the size and location of the store as you see fit.
- Advertising – choose the right media channels and the right budget to attract visitors.
- As well as market analysis, opening new stores, managing offices and many more.
You will receive 3 stores in regions with different level of income, thus you will need to apply different strategies and do things differently. How creative you will get is up to you. How big you will be able to become is also up to you.
Make decisions, fail, make different decisions, fail less, make improved decisions, succeed.
If you will make mistakes, that’s good. If you will not make mistakes, that’s also good. Because by learning in business simulation you will be able to decrease the number of mistakes in real life business.
Skills you will develop
During the game play you can focus on your development in these areas:
- Retail business management.
- Marketing – all 4Ps, market analysis, pricing, product mix, etc.
- Strategic Management.
- HR management.
- Business planning.
- Business expansion.
- Supply chain management.
As well as develop your core skills:
- Management skills.
- Decision making.
- Analytical skills.
- Strategic and systematic thinking.
Format and difficulty
The game is turned based and in 1 hour (Intensive version)/day (Classic version) you will see results of 1 virtual week.
Game difficulty – easy. Recommended for those who lack practical management experience.
This is a browser-based solution – all you need is some time, an internet connection and a browser, no installation is required.
So, what are you waiting for?