Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Competition: Best Blog about Virtonomics

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 5.01.2016, 22:22

Last time edited : 1.07.2018, 15:26

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Virtonomics presents a new contest - best blog about Virtonomics with very valuable prize fund of 190 points!
Blogging skills will come handy in many ways, so it can be the time for you to try yourself in writing.

Participants
Support our writers! Read their blogs, leave comments, click "like" and +

G_Money33 http://virtonomicsnews.blogspot.com/
Marloan_Morris http://mmorrisvirto.tumblr.com
TyStuFF http://www.blog.virtonomics.nl/
paulotec http://virtualgamingfactory.blogspot.ro/

Stages

Stage 1 - duration 1 month
Stage 2 - duration 1 month
Stage 2 - duration 2 months
Total duration - 4 months
1st stage will end Feb 5th, 2nd stage - Mar 5th, 3rd - May 5th

Prize fund

1st place - 100 points
2nd place - 60 points
3rd place - 30 points

Prizes for each stage

1 - 50% (50/30/15 points)
2 - 25% (25/15/8 points)
3 - 25% (25/15/7 points)

Example:
If your blog take 2nd place in 1st stage, 1st place in 2nd stage and 3rd place in 3rd stage, you will receive (30 + 25 + 7) 62 points.

Even if you not going to make it into TOP 3 in 1st - 2nd stage you always have a chance to do better and take higher place in the next stage!

Additional rewards

Combo award. If a participant takes 1st place in all 3 stages he will get additional good prize of his choice. More information about combo award you can find in this topic at the end of January.

Participation award. All participants who take 4-5 places in any stage will get award with small bonus to qualification.

Blog Requirements

- Minimum of 2 messages per week with screenshots from the game (uploaded to a place where they will be stored forever, like google pics or something).
- Using key words in every blog's post such as: Virtonomics, online game, browser game, games for learning economics/economy, economic simulation game, Tycoon game, turn-based online browser strategy, etc.
- Using links to Virtonomics main page, forum and pages in the game. Some links may (and better be) referral  
- Good language, connection to real economy and recent news, connecting between Virtonomics and real economy theories, etc.
- Valuable and interesting information. You blog should be interesting to read. People should learn new things from your posts and discover game deeper. You can talk about new things in game, post news, political events, goals and achievements.

Recommended blog platforms:

WordPress
Blogger
Tumblr
Medium
Quora

All from this list:
http://thenextweb.com/businessapps/2013/08/16/best-blogging-services/

What should i write?

The ideal blog would be about starting a new company and starting playing from the bottom scratch. The best way to do so is to start a new company in a different realm and try to win all contests, do all quests and take everything from the game what it can give to a new player. You should play with 100% effort and do everything possible to impress new people and to show that success is quite possible without big donation if you do smart things.

You should teach player about game's rules, mechanic, principals and tricks. You should encourage them to play in team.

You can even make new corporation of bloggers and start playing together, this would be awesome Yes).
Give people links to forum guides and tutorials, show examples, etc.

All these is not obligatory (but what i previously said is preferable to get good marks for you blog). You can also make your blog about your current and developed company but in this case it would be nice if you going to set up specific goals to achieve for limited time (1-4 months). Make 5-10 goals, 5 long term (3-4 month) and 5 short term (1-2 month).

Also you can come up with some totally different new idea about you blog and ask me here, if this is a good one. For example the great blog would be - Virtonomics Newspaper, where you will write about what is happening in the game, make reports and predictions, collect and analyze game's data, etc.

Example: You can do something like this:
http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/11/topic/105053/view

How to start?

1. Choose what your blog will be about. If you not sure yet, ask in this topic.
2. Choose a blog platform from the list above.
3. Start writing Cheerfully
4. Leave the link to your blog in this topic so other people can see it, read and comment your messages.

Determining winners

- Number of messages is a key factor. Minimum is just 2 posts per week but you can do 5-7 and more, as long as quality of each message stays good.
- Following basic Blog Requirements
- Size of you posts. Long post are preferable if they have good quality
- Connection with social network (twitter/ Facebook/Google +) is an advantage. So you made new post in your blog, share it (or give link to it) in your social pages. If you doing that, don't forget to let us know you social page address.
- Number of visitors and traffic. It is very hard to make your blog popular for 4 month but you should deferentially try. Give links to your blog in different places, tell your friends (and people in Virtonomcis) about it. If you can make your blog a bit popular with natural traffic after 4 month - this is a major factor which going to determine a winner on 3rd stage. You should provide a screenshot with statistic to prove your success.
- Comments. It is good if you blog will have valuable comments. That is why we reccoment to play this competition together, so all people who doing blogs will help each other and leave comments
- On the first stage of competitions the main advantage have people who follow the basic Blog Requirements. For the second stage the most important factor us length and number of posts (with following the basic Blog Requirements and with good quality of posts). For the last stage all factors are taking into account.

100 friends

Virtonomics has very nice referral reward program called "100 friends".
http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/common/main_page/income/friends
Each player has his personal link and if someone register in the game by clicking on this link, player may get additional income. It can be hard to attract a person who will bring a lot of income to you but it is possible. This competitions fits perfectly with 100 friends complain. When you leave links to Virtonomics in your blog, make sure to make them referral links. For example my link is http://virtonomics.com/vera/income/1053029
You can find you special ID for invitation in: Office => Invite friends

All successful blogs which going to be started might be additionally awarded with contribution medal later in case you not going to stop blogging after the competition ends.

Good luck to everyone!    

• Page:
Message list:  

5.01.2016, 22:40

TyStuFF
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Sounds very nice! Hopefully I can find the time soon to pay more practical attention to virtonomics.

Is there also a certain start date for this blogging event? So people can make preperations?

And is the prize fund shared with the Russian community as well, or is this seperate?

Personally I would prefer a longer interval of blog posts, and a longer period (like 6 months), especially for a fresh company from scratch. 2 posts per week might be a bit difficult to achieve, if the quality needs to be good. 

5.01.2016, 22:50

Last time edited : 5.01.2016, 23:13

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Is there also a certain start date for this blogging event? So people can make preperations?
It just started Very we!
1st stage will end Feb 5th, 2nd stage - Mar 5th, 3rd - May 5th

And is the prize fund shared with the Russian community as well, or is this seperate?
No, the prize pool of only for English speaking community. We might start similar event for Russian community as well but they will have separate prize pool.

Personally I would prefer a longer interval of blog posts, and a longer period (like 6 months), especially for a fresh company from scratch. 2 posts per week might be a bit difficult to achieve, if the quality needs to be good.
6 month is too long. 2 post per week might be quite not very long but they should be informative.

If someone decides to write about fresh started company, after a while he can win all contests which will be great example of successful start. Although last contest will end after 4 month from the start, if you win it, don't forget that you can spend VIRTs won there in any other realm. So this would be an additional reward To wink

BTW, this event is great for new players. You don't have to be great Virtonomics player to write interesting posts in your blog, you just have to write well. And the prize you might win here will be great addition to your new company. 

5.01.2016, 23:38

Last time edited : 6.01.2016, 05:23

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

I'm in. I may fall out of contention due to the time commitment and the fact that I've never been on one of those sites in my life, but what the hell!

"Virtonomics Newspaper, where you will write about what is happening in the game, make reports and predictions, collect and analyze game's data, etc." This calls to me!! Lien newspaper blog it is. The paper may be more like The Sun than the The Guardian unless I hire an editor Very we!

Lien Ledger Blog!  Click Here for Daily Updates! 

6.01.2016, 01:19

Last time edited : 6.01.2016, 01:24

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

I'm in
This calls to me!!

This is great! We really need one blog of newspaper king.

I am hoping that Mike, Rogue_Cat and JustNash also going to participate in this and make their blogs Very we!

After all 100 points (even 50) is quite a lot. It is rare when we make such big prize pool, the reason here was to motivate people. With 50 points you can buy 2, 1000 ha farms with 50% discount and with 100 points you can buy the whole 5000 ha if you wait up until next big sale.

Also combo prize should be very nice (like fishing base worth of 50 points) but i need few weeks to confirm it. It might be hard to win all 3 stages in a roll thought So-so 

6.01.2016, 07:28

Last time edited : 6.01.2016, 07:38

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

G_Money33 - you have got very nice domain To wink
First post is awesome, you totally have got the requirements, keep it up.

ps In blogspot you can make neat links by using the following code:
<a href="HTTP LINK HERE">TEXT HERE</a> 

6.01.2016, 15:15

Last time edited : 6.01.2016, 15:31

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

So those who run such a blog will be excludedfrom the game law against participation in all the beginners quests and contests with a clone, AND get a reward for it? Thats indeed a cool offer! Not sure i can find time but i'll definitely think about it. 

6.01.2016, 16:18

Last time edited : 6.01.2016, 16:31

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

jeka_igla
I am hoping that Mike, Rogue_Cat and JustNash also going to participate in this and make their blogs Very we!

It would be great, but I'm very much of the extremely casual player. Very we! Most of my days are simply:

Always:
-Check messages.
-Check Broker-Yard turn.
-Check the labs phases.
-Check the political news and stuff to do in regions and cities.
-Check the forums.

Periodically:
-Check the supply chain of the factories (from main warehouse).
-Check for broken equipment that needs to be replaced.
-Check for auctions or enterprises for sale.
-Check for changes in the offices when I hit the next level in Management.

And that is very much my daily routine here. To you Not expanding, not investing, not optimizing stuff anymore. A blog of my stuff would be as entertaining as a snail race competition. I have it a bit abandoned lately...

6.01.2016, 18:10

TyStuFF
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Mike, the topic says you can start a new company in a different realm. So no promotion of clone usage To you 

7.01.2016, 00:03

Last time edited : 7.01.2016, 00:07

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

So those who run such a blog will be excludedfrom the game law against participation in all the beginners quests and contests with a clone, AND get a reward for it? Thats indeed a cool offer! Not sure i can find time but i'll definitely think about it.
As TyStuFF said, you can just start playing in new realm, for example you can start in Lien only for blog purposes. There you can play all quests and play all contest from your main account. When you get bored there (or when blogs competition will end) you can sell all subdivisions in Lien and continue playing in Mary. Don't forget that if you win contest of presidents in Lien, you would win Virts there which you can spend in any other realm. If i am not mistaken there are like 100 virts or something. So you can kill 2 rabbits with one shot.
1 - Legally win a lot of virts in other realm and spend them in Mary
2 - Win blog competition and get additional points for Mary

Also, the format of starting a new company for your blog is not the only option. It is just an option. You can do same thing as G_Money33 decided to do but for Mary (would be awesome if we d have 2 virtonomics newspapers about 2 different realms, i promise to promote those newspapers even when this competition is over if you not going to stop updating them).

If not newspaper, you can just write about your current company in Mary. Think what you do, your plans and your thoughts. 

7.01.2016, 05:21

Last time edited : 7.01.2016, 22:00

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

ok, the first two real blog posts are up. Diska may even want to read one of them I roll! 

G-Money's Lien Ledger Blog! Click Here for Daily Updates!

7.01.2016, 06:11

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Diska may even want to read one of them
I roll!

If anyone still wondering how he should do his blog, G_Money33 showing a great example.

He follows all basic requirements:
- Minimum of 2 messages per week with screenshots from the game CHECK
- Using key words in every blog's post CHECK
- Using links to Virtonomics CHECK
- Good language, connection to real economy and recent news A PERFECT CHECK
- Valuable and interesting information. CHECK. I can't stop reading... 

7.01.2016, 23:14

roof.gray

Is it ok if i do it in twitter? 

7.01.2016, 23:26

TyStuFF

Actually I'm very interested in a shared blog, so is there anyone interested in being a co-writer for my blog?

The advantage of a shared blog is mostly higher quality of articles and diversity. Plus, more importantly, it's less demanding, so just one good article per week is more than sufficient.

I'm mostly interested in articles with company updates/news, politics (events and practical information), small guides (/FAQs), anything else is also fine. Minor side note: I don't allow political articles which promotes personal policies, only objective observations.

Anyone who is interested can send me a message. It's possible to share the prize fund, based on the contributions is made, especially when we can make a high quality blog to blow the competition away To you

I expect to start the blog during the weekend! For questions, feel free to message me! 

7.01.2016, 23:40

Last time edited : 7.01.2016, 23:56

jeka_igla
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Is it ok if i do it in twitter?
Twitter is acceptable. Although it would be almost impossible to take 1st place with twitter, just because you can't write long messages there. 2nd place with twitter might be taken only if you will have a lot of posts (5-7 minimum per week) and all those posts will be great. I wouldn't suggest to use twitter for this competition but it is acceptable if you feel that you don't have enough time to make long and complicated posts (but you still want to win some points and participate in this competition Well ). Even if you take 4-5 place, you will get Participation award with small bonus to top-manager's qualification.

Twitter format
might be fine for your current company. Twitts can be about small news/plans and achievements in the game.
For example:

Today i finally made my first billion in #Virtonomics!
[Link]
[Screenshot]

I am in top10 by corn production in #Virtonomics making 25 m units per day! ;-)
[Link]
[Screenshot]

Greece's debt is 175% of GDP while in #Virtonomics this country doing just fine with +10B annual surplus thanks to XXX (president) and his wise policy
[Link]
[Screenshot]

Etc...

Actually I'm very interested in a shared blog
That sounds great! Although it is better to do 1 blog per 1 person, it is possible to do it in a small team of 2-3 people. It is true that such blog will be less demanding and might have better quality. Prize can be shared indeed Yes 

8.01.2016, 01:09

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

jeka_igla
CHECK. I can't stop reading...
Good lie Very we! if you can't stop reading you wouldn't of posted your checklist ;)

As for me I'm no blogger and somewhat like Rogue_Cat I'm mostly idle... I'm investing in a few sectors but nothing to write about esp the content/frequency required 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Competition: Best Blog about Virtonomics

• Page: